[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 471919 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2525 on: May 16, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »
Hope posting about basketball is okay on this politics board.

I realize that we only have one scholarship left so I don't know if we'd get involved but...

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1253033640306577414?lang=en

Sit one, play 3. 17 points and 7 boards per game as a Freshman is impressive.  Got some size too, 6-5 210. 43% from 3 on only 1 attempt per game so may be deceiving.  I'm hoping that the 114 DRtg is also deceiving with how god awful Holy Cross was last year.

He just committed today to UNCW
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2526 on: May 16, 2020, 05:32:03 PM »
He just committed today to UNCW

Well never mind then.  Thanks.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2527 on: May 17, 2020, 01:32:38 PM »
Hope posting about basketball is okay on this politics board

Funny, DJO - made me look to check which page I was on.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2528 on: May 18, 2020, 03:56:45 PM »
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
5m
Air Force transfer A.J. Walker tells me he has cut his list to the following programs:

Texas Tech
TCU
Tulsa
Air Force

:o

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2529 on: May 18, 2020, 08:18:41 PM »
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
5m
Air Force transfer A.J. Walker tells me he has cut his list to the following programs:

Texas Tech
TCU
Tulsa
Air Force

:o
Maybe TTU is going to have B team this year?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2531 on: May 19, 2020, 12:41:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheRebuildingYr/status/1262477221270298625

I like how some of the comments after that tweet are crapping on Nojel Eastern, as if he's total garbage.

I mean, he started 35 games and played 28 mpg for a Purdue team that went to the Elite 8 before losing in double-OT to the eventual champs.

Most great teams have 1-2 role players just like him -- if they are lucky.

Now, if he wants to be the focal point of a team's offense, he isn't that. But to suggest that he can't succeed as a P6 player ... that's just dopey.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2532 on: May 19, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »
Haven't followed much last week or so.  Any update on Jalen Carey?  MU mentioned with any newer portal entrants? 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2533 on: May 19, 2020, 09:55:29 AM »
Haven't followed much last week or so.  Any update on Jalen Carey?  MU mentioned with any newer portal entrants?

No and no...think MU's gonna sit on this last scholarship unless someone major would suddenly enter the portal

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2534 on: May 19, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
No and no...think MU's gonna sit on this last scholarship unless someone major would suddenly enter the portal

Thanks guru.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2535 on: May 19, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »
Thanks guru.

Here's what's left BTW JJJJ

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
10m
Top available transfers:

Mac McClung
Chaundee Brown
Bo Hodges
Cam Mack
Both Gach
Jamal Bienemy
Elijah Weaver
Nike Sibande
Jalen Carey
Alonzo Gaffney
Andrew Garcia (grad)
Jalen Coleman-Lands (grad)
Makale Foreman (grad)

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2536 on: May 19, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/AndrewKahn/status/1262758228531658754

Another interesting development.  If you had to take one would you choose Nojel's mom or Maymon's dad?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2537 on: May 19, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/AndrewKahn/status/1262758228531658754

Another interesting development.  If you had to take one would you choose Nojel's mom or Maymon's dad?

I wonder if Michigan doesn't "announce" additions to the team until all their transfer credits are figured out. I could see Michigan being a difficult place to transfer into.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2538 on: May 19, 2020, 12:03:48 PM »
I could see Michigan being a difficult place to transfer into.
Possibly but I doubt that is the case for basketball and football players. Its not like its UW-Madison

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2539 on: May 19, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »
I wonder if Michigan doesn't "announce" additions to the team until all their transfer credits are figured out. I could see Michigan being a difficult place to transfer into.

Because there is a rush??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2540 on: May 19, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
Possibly but I doubt that is the case for basketball and football players. Its not like its UW-Madison

To be clear,  I'm not suggesting that Michigan has Madisonesqe academic standards for basketball players. But many universities have weird and sometimes arbitrary standards for which credits transfer and which ones don't. It won't keep a transfer out,  but there may need to be some administrative massaging done that takes time. For example,  grad transfer Mike Smith announced he had committed to Michigan weeks before Michigan acknowledged it.
TAMU

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2541 on: May 19, 2020, 12:48:45 PM »
To be clear,  I'm not suggesting that Michigan has Madisonesqe academic standards for basketball players. But many universities have weird and sometimes arbitrary standards for which credits transfer and which ones don't. It won't keep a transfer out,  but there may need to be some administrative massaging done that takes time. For example,  grad transfer Mike Smith announced he had committed to Michigan weeks before Michigan acknowledged it.
Makes sense.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2542 on: May 19, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »
Since officially landing in the portal, Gach, a 6-foot-6 wing out of Austin, Minn., has heard from Minnesota, Arkansas, Nevada, BYU, Utah State, Auburn, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Creighton, Illinois, Georgetown, Oregon, New Mexico, DePaul, Gonzaga, USC and Texas Tech, a source tells 247Sports.

?-(

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2543 on: May 19, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
On Texas Tech, they already completed their Beard trimming. Rising sophomores Andrei Savrasov and Russel Tchewa transferred and former walk on Avery Benson had his scholarship pulled. With their current commits they are only 1 over the scholarship limit, and most expect Jahmius Ramsey to keep his name in the draft which would take care of that.

There are rumors that FR Terrance Shannon is considering a transfer. I'd imagine that these new transfers Tech is on is to cover the possibility of Ramsey going pro and Shannon transferring. If that happens, and they land a new transfer, then 9/13 of their scholarship players will have never played a minute of basketball for Tech heading into the new season.
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2544 on: May 19, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »
On Texas Tech, they already completed their Beard trimming. Rising sophomores Andrei Savrasov and Russel Tchewa transferred and former walk on Avery Benson had his scholarship pulled. With their current commits they are only 1 over the scholarship limit, and most expect Jahmius Ramsey to keep his name in the draft which would take care of that.

There are rumors that FR Terrance Shannon is considering a transfer. I'd imagine that these new transfers Tech is on is to cover the possibility of Ramsey going pro and Shannon transferring. If that happens, and they land a new transfer, then 9/13 of their scholarship players will have never played a minute of basketball for Tech heading into the new season.

Former Depaul commit Terence Shannon?
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2545 on: May 19, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »
Former Depaul commit Terence Shannon?

Yes, and he's right there have been rumors of him transferring. Of course DePaul fans(both of them), think he's an auto lock to commit there if he does transfer.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2546 on: May 19, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »
Yes, and he's right there have been rumors of him transferring. Of course DePaul fans(both of them), think he's an auto lock to commit there if he does transfer.

Both? I think that's pretty optimistic.

But honestly if he were to return I think we could see a sneaky good but not great Depaul team the next two years.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2547 on: May 20, 2020, 04:08:46 PM »
As expected, no one time transfer for this year..

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy
One-time transfer waivers are dead until at least 2021-22 academic year, sources told @Stadium
, as NCAA Division I Council approved a resolution to develop legislation regarding transfer eligibility for January 2021 that would not be effective until 2021-22 academic year

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2548 on: May 20, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »
Source: Georgetown transfer Mac McClung has cut his list to the following programs.

Texas Tech  ;D
BYU
Auburn
Memphis
USC
Arkansas
Wake Forest

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2549 on: May 20, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
As expected, no one time transfer for this year..

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy
One-time transfer waivers are dead until at least 2021-22 academic year, sources told @Stadium
, as NCAA Division I Council approved a resolution to develop legislation regarding transfer eligibility for January 2021 that would not be effective until 2021-22 academic year

So now we wait for the totally random musings of some NCAA committee.

Let the coin-flipping and rock-paper-scissors games begin.

Hopefully, D.J.'s lucky square gets called and he can play next season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback