collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Travis Diener (not) in quarantine zone in Italy  (Read 10145 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Travis Diener in quarantine zone in Italy
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »
It's a reference stemming from conservative regions of the south, where the most frightening and powerful thing they can imagine is snow. To them, snow shuts down everything, takes control of their very lives, forcing them to hunker down with bottled water and canned goods until it goes away.

Its usually used in reference to young liberals who want to change the status quo.

Just to be clear.... are you're saying that young liberals are responsible for the coronavirus?  Or that young liberals don't feel the need to take precautions to the virus?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Travis Diener (not) in quarantine zone in Italy
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »
So, back to Travis ...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 09:36:58 PM »
Gallows humor has been around since the time of gallows.  This is no different.

Exactly. I worked on a trading floor where thoughtless jokes about tragedies were the norm. We were young and kinda dumb.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:57:47 PM by Lennys Tap »

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Travis Diener (not) in quarantine zone in Italy
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2020, 01:14:15 PM »
Is the Corona Virus the trend of health of the world?
Hence, the Boomers lived in relatively healthy times.
What is down the road for the human race?
Stay tuned.

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2020, 02:20:34 PM »
It's a reference stemming from conservative regions of the south, where the most frightening and powerful thing they can imagine is snow. To them, snow shuts down everything, takes control of their very lives, forcing them to hunker down with bottled water and canned goods until it goes away.

Its usually used in reference to young liberals who want to change the status quo.

I'm not sure this is correct.  I think it stems from the term "Special snowflake", meaning unique, delicate and mentally fragile.  Falls under the "participation prize" umbrella.  IE "Well, aren't you a special snowflake!" It is used to describe someone w weak emotional fortitude, someone who needs constant validation and positive reinforcement but is in actuality a giant vagina. 

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:24 PM »

Here in North Carolina the first whiff of snow and the grocery stores sell out of milk and bread.  My wife and I joke about having "milk sandwiches".  But seriously, without road snow clearing equipment and people not knowing how to drive in the snow, it is much better to just take a snow day and make some hot coco and relax at home.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:34 PM »
Here in North Carolina the first whiff of snow and the grocery stores sell out of milk and bread.  My wife and I joke about having "milk sandwiches".  But seriously, without road snow clearing equipment and people not knowing how to drive in the snow, it is much better to just take a snow day and make some hot coco and relax at home.
We call it the "French Toast Brigade". Milk, Eggs, Bread