[Today at 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[Today at 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well this looks like the end ....  (Read 13715 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Well this looks like the end ....
« on: March 12, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
of the 2019-2020 BB season.  Wojo bashers have at it if that is any console to you.  Enjoy yourself.  I will drop in occasionally to see if anything significant has transpired.     

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: Well this looks like the end ....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 02:45:20 PM »
And another non winning post season under the belt. 

Feel sorry for Villanova and Providence the most.  I thought those were the 2 teams from Big East that had best chance to go deep, based on how they were playing.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 02:58:52 PM »
Sucks for Dayton & San Diego State fans.

Their once in a lifetime seasons end.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 03:00:13 PM »

Feel sorry for Villanova and Providence the most.  I thought those were the 2 teams from Big East that had best chance to go deep, based on how they were playing.

So negative. Just like Marquette Football is undefeated since 1960, MU basketball went undefeated in to 2020 NCAA Postseason. 

Don’t forget about Seton Hall or Creighton. Both had solid teams that could make a run. seton hall loses a lot next year and this could have been the year the Creighton and McDermott got to the Sweet Sixteen.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »
So negative. Just like Marquette Football is undefeated since 1960, MU basketball went undefeated in to 2020 NCAA Postseason. 

Don’t forget about Seton Hall or Creighton. Both had solid teams that could make a run. seton hall loses a lot next year and this could have been the year the Creighton and McDermott got to the Sweet Sixteen.

Perhaps.  I'm curious to see if the NCAA would continue with the tournament if it could be played over the summer or late spring. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 03:12:41 PM »
And Markus gets stuck just outside the all-time top 20 scorers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 03:14:02 PM »
Next season up, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 03:14:23 PM »
Perhaps.  I'm curious to see if the NCAA would continue with the tournament if it could be played over the summer or late spring.

Over the summer while seniors and draft picks are playing in the NBA summer league or others are trying to make Euro rosters, not to mention what teams do the transfers play for?  ::) maybe late spring but even that'd be tough with finals and people trying to gauge whether to leave early etc.
Maigh Eo for Sam

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 03:16:38 PM »
I'd be surprised if they pickup the tournament after graduation in May.

Perhaps a chance to run something in a month or so.  But there are a lot of logistics that would go into rescheduling the entire thing.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 03:19:26 PM »
NCAA has canceled winter and spring Athletics.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 03:20:21 PM »
I'd be surprised if they pickup the tournament after graduation in May.

Perhaps a chance to run something in a month or so.  But there are a lot of logistics that would go into rescheduling the entire thing.

Just been officially cancelled for all D1 sports. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 03:41:10 PM »

Creighton will be just fine
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 03:47:48 PM »
RIP Arena Sports

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »
Next year projections http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »

Hard to feel bad about two programs that committed recruiting violations to get to the level they were at this season.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 04:10:24 PM »

Ranks right up there with your dumbest comments ever.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »
Sucks for Dayton & San Diego State fans.

Their once in a lifetime seasons end.
You can add many more to that list. Very disappointing on so many levels.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

1SE

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 04:19:19 PM »
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
Next year projections http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Ohhhh, I'd like to bet on that. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 04:56:12 PM »
Ohhhh, I'd like to bet on that.

Too low or too high?

I'd say  80-100 and a .500 record. We loose a lot and Wojo's freshman have been lackluster.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »

Too low or too high?

I'd say  80-100 and a .500 record. We loose a lot and Wojo's freshman have been lackluster.

Markus, Sam, Joey, Henry and Haanif were all pretty solid their freshman years. I mean defensively we'll probably be trash but Wojo freshmen have been better than any I can remember going back to 2008-09
Maigh Eo for Sam

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 06:04:15 PM »
Markus, Sam, Joey, Henry and Haanif were all pretty solid their freshman years. I mean defensively we'll probably be trash but Wojo freshmen have been better than any I can remember going back to 2008-09
4 out what?20? And we are not getting anyone as highly regarded as Henry in this class.

I'm not trying to bash on Wojo, I'm trying to realistic with the expectations. I think it is unfair, to Wojo and the players, to go into next season expecting we are close to a bubble team. Maybe some want to set the bar high so Wojo will fall short.

This years team was heading for a 10 seed and we are going to take a significant step back (unless you don't think highly of Howard, Anim and Jayce).

Whether Wojo is dong a good job or should be shown the door can be discussed elsewhere, I'm just looking at coaching and talent.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »
4 out what?20? And we are not getting anyone as highly regarded as Henry in this class.

I'm not trying to bash on Wojo, I'm trying to realistic with the expectations. I think it is unfair, to Wojo and the players, to go into next season expecting we are close to a bubble team. Maybe some want to set the bar high so Wojo will fall short.

This years team was heading for a 10 seed and we are going to take a significant step back (unless you don't think highly of Howard, Anim and Jayce).

Whether Wojo is dong a good job or should be shown the door can be discussed elsewhere, I'm just looking at coaching and talent.

I'm seeing 15 (changed to 15 when I forgot Dex and Ike) freshmen wojos brought here I believe 5 or 6 looked ready for D1, albeit incomplete as almost all Frosh do, but ready.

You figure for freshmen Wojo has had: Sandy 0/1, hank, Matt, haani, sacar 2/4, Markus, Sam 2/2, Greg, Jamal, Theo, Ike 0/4, Brendan, Joey 1/2, dexter, symir 1/2

Realistically I expect Dawson to contribute and hope Lewis and Oso to at least be a respectable freshman I believe Lewis can do it due USA basketball pedigree. We'll take a step back but still have a 23yr old jr, 3 seniors, and a fifth year senior. I'm hopeful that age can overcome in combination of the talent from the freshmen
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:33:12 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
this could derail or delay some NBA aspirations.  plus side-some good returning players who might have left school early.  question-would dwade have jumped ship had MU been 1 or 2 and done?  depends on how he showed in those 2 games?  maybe even vander woulda stayed sans the tournament
don't...don't don't don't don't

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 07:10:07 PM »

Too low or too high?

An accurate assessment.  Most freshman don't have much of an impact in terms of winning right away or dominating.  Garcia may be ahead of the curve a bit, but this team won't be competitive in the least.  The only chance they have to win is if they play collective defense well.  This is going to be one of the worst offensive teams to watch in MU history.

feedback