[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hoops depression  (Read 3028 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Hoops depression
« on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:35 PM »
I don't mean to make light of the serious but well stated mental health thread yesterday (good message!).  Or the fact that cancellations are for public health...

But, anyone else wondering what they'll fill their days with if NCAA hoops isn't played for the rest of the "season"?  I've already got all the days off, and was excited to watch.  Guess I'll ski or work, but I look forward to March every year.  Boo!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Hoops depression
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 12:11:51 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
March Sadness.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 12:17:58 PM »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 12:19:18 PM »
I guess I'll be working a 5 day week. Too late to go to work today or tomorrow.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
Im pretty down. Feel bad for our guys. March madness is my favorite sporting just bummed out. No live sports for who knows how long. Just gonna drink myself to sleep

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 12:23:59 PM »
I don't mean to make light of the serious but well stated mental health thread yesterday (good message!).  Or the fact that cancellations are for public health...

But, anyone else wondering what they'll fill their days with if NCAA hoops isn't played for the rest of the "season"?  I've already got all the days off, and was excited to watch.  Guess I'll ski or work, but I look forward to March every year.  Boo!
My sister and I take turns hosting the first two days of the NCAA tournament (this year I have Friday).  My get together lasts from noon beyond the end of the last game and I have anywhere from 5 to 20 people during the day (peak time is just after work hours) when I host on Friday.  It is something I look forward to all year.  Two days of just relaxing and college hoops with friends and family without a care in the world.  I will miss it a lot.  The thought of working next Thursday and Friday is depressing.  But I suppose that is the least of the worries with the virus.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »
In Illinois they just opened their first sports book Monday. Talk about bad timing!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »
We need eng03 to put together another MUScoop Meme Tournament to pass the time.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 01:36:50 PM »
I feel sad about what we will miss as fans, but I feel horrible for the players, especially the seniors. We will never see Markus, Sacar or Jayce in a MU uniform again. And Markus was on the cusp (8 points shy) of getting into the top-20 all-time NCAA scorers.

Damn!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 02:45:07 PM »
At this point I just hope there is a selection show. I know the chances of the tournament being played are beyond slim, but give me something to cling onto, damnit!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 04:23:55 PM »
At this point I just hope there is a selection show. I know the chances of the tournament being played are beyond slim, but give me something to cling onto, damnit!

Agreed.

Best event of the year, and the two best single days of the year, are gone. At least give us a bracket so we can argue about it online like idiots.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, remember that UNC finished at the bottom of the ACC. That's something, right?!
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 05:23:20 PM »
I am posting here for two reasons. 

Yep, this is super depressing.  What a sh1t sandwich.  No BET, no dance, no brackets.  No Markus.  Hell, whining about MU losing in March is a tradition, right down the crapper.

Second: Life is suffering.  Eat Arby's.  It will give you new troubles to think about.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »
March Madness is the most popular time for men to have vasectomies done. What are those guys going to do while sitting on the couch now?  Damn, I'm glad I procrastinated!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 06:34:00 PM »
March Madness is the most popular time for men to have vasectomies done. What are those guys going to do while sitting on the couch now?  Damn, I'm glad I procrastinated!

Guys are dumb.  Worst weekend to have it done.  Is already dude Christmas, it is expected that you sit on your ass all weekend.

Gotta do it at a different time of the year, when you are expected to do stuff. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »

I just read this will lead to a baby boom as everyone is home bound.  So, to answer your question...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 07:41:08 PM »
I just read this will lead to a baby boom as everyone is home bound.  So, to answer your question...

Divorces in 3 months, babies in 9.  19 years from now, college enrollment with go back up. 

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 07:45:04 PM »
Need someone to post the second half of the St. John's game. That would help.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 07:46:18 PM »
Need someone to post the second half of the St. John's game. That would help.

Can you also edit it to show Markus hitting a 3 to win? Thanks.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 10:41:04 PM »
I don't watch any TV other than sports - I'm not sure what to do with myself - I might actually have to clean my house now  ;D.

I was realizing today I still really want to know what the brackets would have been but am guessing we'll never know.  And on the Women's side this was going to be the 2nd time in program history that they mad the Big Dance 4 seasons in a row but I guess that isn't the case any more since there is no tournament this year.  I feel so bad for seniors and for the MU Women I really feel bad for Altia Anderson and Isabelle Spingola who didn't get to play much their first three years at MU but were now key starters and don't get to play in the NCAA Tournament as seniors.

And the Marathon I'd been training for just got canceled - I'm feeling completely lost these days...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 08:30:02 AM »

And the Marathon I'd been training for just got canceled - I'm feeling completely lost these days...

You should just run the course on the day of anyway.  You're ready to go!

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 10:02:23 AM »
Second: Life is suffering.  Eat Arby's.  It will give you new troubles to think about.

If your body can handle a beef n cheddar, I figure a little coronavirus should be no problemo, eh?
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 10:11:18 AM »
If your body can handle a beef n cheddar, I figure a little coronavirus should be no problemo, eh?

Exactamundo.

Reminds me, I was having a team lunch last week with six people from India (who live in the US) and COVID came up, and I asked a tangential question, "Who at the table got their flu shot this year?"  Answer: None.

"Dude, we lived in India.  We've been exposed to everything already.  If you went to India for 30 days you'd get sick, but then would be impervious to all germs."

Just like Arby's.   :-\

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:39 PM »
My son's HS team was headed to the sectional final tomorrow and had a great chance to go to state for the first time in 45 years.  So it was a double whammy when wiaa pulled the plug.  Just been lost all day with no hoops.  Can't get excited about anything. Going to be a a long ass month.
At least he is a junior and has 1 more year but his recruiting will take a huge hit with no live periods in april