Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruit Update  (Read 9166 times)

bradforster

• All American
Recruit Update
« on: March 11, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »
I just spoke to my good friend who coaches Dawson at Prior Lake High School.  I asked him about the recent Marquette swoon and Dawson's feelings about it.  I was told Dawson is excited to join the team and he's especially eager to play for Wojo.  My buddy told me the only way Dawson would reconsider playing for Marquette is a Wojo departure from the school. 

The biggest selling point for Dawson was hearing his future coach outline a clear plan for his role in the program.  The kid clearly likes Wojo and the two communicate on a consistent basis.  Dawson is aware of Marquette's recent struggles, but he's given zero consideration to looking elsewhere as long as Wojo is the head coach.  He wants to play for the guy who sold him on becoming a member of the Marquette basketball family.  His commitment remains steadfast.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Recruit Update
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:25:17 PM »
Ok?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:29:28 PM »

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 10:30:50 PM »
Ok?

That’s good news.  Wojo will not be fired so unless you want the program to tank this is good information.  Am I missing something as to why you don’t get that this is good information to share?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:32:36 PM »
I just spoke to my good friend who coaches Dawson at Prior Lake High School.  I asked him about the recent Marquette swoon and Dawson's feelings about it.  I was told Dawson is excited to join the team and he's especially eager to play for Wojo.  My buddy told me the only way Dawson would reconsider playing for Marquette is a Wojo departure from the school. 

The biggest selling point for Dawson was hearing his future coach outline a clear plan for his role in the program.  The kid clearly likes Wojo and the two communicate on a consistent basis.  Dawson is aware of Marquette's recent struggles, but he's given zero consideration to looking elsewhere as long as Wojo is the head coach.  He wants to play for the guy who sold him on becoming a member of the Marquette basketball family.  His commitment remains steadfast.

I thought maybe WE might reconsider since Dawson could't win the state title.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 10:37:13 PM »
I posted this because there are numerous comments on other threads about potential second thoughts of our recruits if Wojo remains the head coach.  I can share from at least one recruit's perspective that he would only ask the school to release him from his commitment if the coach moves on.  These kids want to play for Wojo.  I was looking forward to talking to Dawson myself in Houston next month at the McDonald's All American game, but that event will most likely be cancelled.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:45:30 PM by bradforster »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 10:40:37 PM »
I shared this because there are numerous comments on other threads about potential second thoughts of our recruits if Wojo remains the head coach.  I can share from at least one recruit's perspective that he would only ask the school to release him from his commitment if the coach moves on.  These kids want to play for Wojo.  I was looking forward to talking to Dawson myself in Houston next month at the McDonald's All American game, but that event will most likely be cancelled.

Did he mention anything about having "the ultimate green light?"

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 10:41:09 PM »
It’s good information.  People are just being douche bags.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 10:53:52 PM »

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 11:11:29 PM »
I posted this because there are numerous comments on other threads about potential second thoughts of our recruits if Wojo remains the head coach.  I can share from at least one recruit's perspective that he would only ask the school to release him from his commitment if the coach moves on.  These kids want to play for Wojo.  I was looking forward to talking to Dawson myself in Houston next month at the McDonald's All American game, but that event will most likely be cancelled.

Thanks for sharing Brad. Know plenty of people appreciate the update.

drbob

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 11:34:10 PM »
Anyone who is not happy with this is not a warrior fan. I guess Xavier and Georgetown should be looking for new coaches since they lost to lower seeds !! That is the logic of the nojo’s on this board

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 11:57:24 PM »
What does Stan Laws have to say?  Any video, kin?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 12:05:54 AM »
No crap. 

Look recruits (and their parents) care about one thing: them

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 04:58:04 AM »
great update... thanks
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 07:13:35 AM »

Would anyone in their right mind expect anything different?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 07:16:05 AM »

Kind of crazy, out last two McD All-Americans likely won’t play in the game. Henry had an injured wrist/hand and now this.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 07:27:49 AM »

Nope

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 08:28:39 AM »

I don't know about their state of mind, but multiple posters have claimed our recruits wouldn't be coming if Wojo remains the coach next year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
I don't know about their state of mind, but multiple posters have claimed our recruits wouldn't be coming if Wojo remains the coach next year.
I think it's safe to make assumptions about the state of mind of those posters.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 09:25:34 AM »
I'm happy to hear that he's still excited to be a Golden Eagle. As the team stumbled down the stretch, it was easy to let doubt creep in that this could have effects beyond this season, whether that be for recruiting, coaching, attendance, whatever. So confirmation that a guy who is expected to be a big part of our future is still planning for that too is comforting. Thanks for sharing.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »

Pointwarrior and others speculating they are decommiting.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 09:55:13 AM »
This also flies directly in the face of the "promote Stan to HC to keep our recruiting class" myth.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »

Qualifies as one of the most stupid things said on this board, incredibly difficult achievement
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 11:17:31 AM »

Sew, Dawson's bin anointed da next Markus, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 09:22:54 AM »
This also flies directly in the face of the "promote Stan to HC to keep our recruiting class" myth.

Not really. You miss the point. The point is this:

1) Wojo has had 6 years to show us what he can accomplish. He’s performed worse than any coach at MU since Dukiet.   He’s not the answer. Not the guy. You don’t keep a coach for one recruit, even if a 5-star. He’s had a 5 star before. He’s had Markus. We ain’t won jack.

2) We currently have a talented recruiter and sharp assistant coach on the bench, who would give the program the best chance to retain this recruiting class, possibly including Dawson. (Perhaps Brad can ask his friends if Dawson has any relationship/thoughts about Stan?)

Further he has strong relationships with all kids on current roster, which would likely eliminate any transfers.

I appreciate the information from Brad. It is good to hear. It does not mean, however, that what’s best for the program is to retain Wojo.

feedback