Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer tweet  (Read 27213 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Homer tweet
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2020, 08:37:10 PM »
I don’t disagree, I just don’t see why people thought they were going to back out.  I can’t think of any instances where a Marquette player signed an NLI and then asked out of it to go to another school before he ever set foot on campus.  That stuff just doesn’t happen.

Agreed. I don’t know where the idea of Garcia, Oso, or Lewis not showing up is coming from. That only happens if Wojo is not at MU next year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2020, 08:54:51 PM »
How many of these guys did he promise they could do whatever they want out there?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2020, 09:26:51 PM »
How many of these guys did he promise they could do whatever they want out there?

Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2020, 09:29:24 PM »
Butt of course if they are reading  Scoop everyday , they would pull out and not come here ! ! !  8-)

I don’t think a bunch of gifted athletes care what old white guys think on the internet

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »

My man PRN is on point.

When everyone has a green light, the only thing that's for certain is that there will eventually be a car wreck.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2020, 10:09:56 PM »
My man PRN is on point.

When everyone has a green light, the only thing that's for certain is that there will eventually be a car wreck.

Everyone on the Bucks has a green light. They must’ve missed that guarantee.

For someone who cries about Wojo’s leash causing mind games, I would’ve thought you’d be fully against red lights.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2020, 07:21:04 AM »
A 5 star and two 4 stars in a recruiting class will always be a feather in a coach’s cap at Marquette.

Kind of like that sophomore class Wojo inherited from Buzz to comprise the “empty cupboard.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2020, 07:56:30 AM »
Kind of like that sophomore class Wojo inherited from Buzz to comprise the “empty cupboard.”

Buzz left Wojo a 5 star?  That's news to me.

But you're right.  Buzz left the cupboard so full that he left him 2 of the top 6 players in minutes per game from a team that went 17-15 the year before.  Only an incompetent coach could mess that up!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2020, 09:08:49 AM »
??? Markus has the 7th highest shot% in the 17 year history of the KenPom database

Not saying there's a better option, but I don't know how you could say this year is "objectively false" when it's actually "objectively true"

He also leads the team in assist rate and it would be higher if the guys around him were making the shots he creates for them. With this group, he might not be shooting enough.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »
Yes.  The talent around Markus is not up to par.  If he had upper level Big East talent around him the critics would not only be silent they would have already put up a banner for him. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2020, 10:29:55 AM »
Yes.  The talent around Markus is not up to par.  If he had upper level Big East talent around him the critics would not only be silent they would have already put up a banner for him.
We had upper level BE talent last year and they walked.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »
We had upper level BE talent last year and they walked wrote.

FIFY.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2020, 11:00:37 AM »
Buzz left Wojo a 5 star?  That's news to me.

But you're right.  Buzz left the cupboard so full that he left him 2 of the top 6 players in minutes per game from a team that went 17-15 the year before.  Only an incompetent coach could mess that up!
Still having the bare cupboard debate is embarrassing at this point for Projos.

LeBron James was on the Miami Heat when Wojo was hired. I would’ve expected the kitchen to be remodeled by now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2020, 11:08:28 AM »
Still having the bare cupboard debate is embarrassing at this point for Projos.

LeBron James was on the Miami Heat when Wojo was hired. I would’ve expected the kitchen to be remodeled by now.

There is one poster who brings up the lack of a bare cupboard.  It isn't a projo.  And I agree, it's embarrassing.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2020, 11:19:52 AM »
We had upper level BE talent last year and they walked.

We did lose one last year in Sam.  Joey had hit a wall for the better part of a month and a half and was complicit with the collapse.  Sam and Joey would have made this team better this year.  No doubt about that.  Joey will be really good and Sam is already polished. Would have loved to see both stay and finish what they started.   But they bailed. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
Meanwhile, Buzz has been named SEC coach of the year. Just had to go and mess with his happy. Can only imagine where the program would be right now if he were still here. Pisses me off
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2020, 11:23:05 AM »
We did lose one last year in Sam.  Joey had hit a wall for the better part of a month and a half and was complicit with the collapse.  Sam and Joey would have made this team better this year.  No doubt about that.  Joey will be really good and Sam is already polished. Would have loved to see both stay and finish what they started.   But they bailed.
Would not be surprised to see Va. Make a deep run next year led by Sam. Wojo flubbed it good with Sam.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2020, 11:23:50 AM »
Meanwhile, Buzz has been named SEC coach of the year. Just had to go and mess with his happy. Can only imagine where the program would be right now if he were still here. Pisses me off
If you think Buzz was a lifer here, you are fooling yourself. That being said, he is a better Coach than Wojo.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2020, 11:24:24 AM »

I think it’s a leap to think Buzz is still here even if everything is rosy. I don’t think anyone at VT messed with his happy.

He strikes me as the type of guy that can talk him into needing to move every so often. He may have left for the Texas job the next year.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2020, 11:24:29 AM »

The bolded line is an infantile way of looking at the issue.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »
I think it’s a leap to think Buzz is still here even if everything is rosy. I don’t think anyone at VT messed with his happy.

He strikes me as the type of guy that can talk him into needing to move every so often. He may have left for the Texas job the next year.

Yeah.  If nobody else was messing with Buzz's happy, Buzz was going to mess with his own happy.  There's only so many times you can tell the story of cutting your teeth by eating McDonald's on the overnight bus drive rather than the private jet, or the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker.  He was never going to be content in one spot for his whole career.  TAMU wont' be his last stop.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:28:37 AM by pettyworld »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2020, 11:32:10 AM »
Losing Buzz, whatever the reason (and it’s layered) set the program back. Replacing him with Wojo set us back further.
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2020, 11:41:58 AM »
Losing Buzz, whatever the reason (and it’s layered) set the program back. Replacing him with Wojo set us back further.

This right here...this is Bingo to the nth degree. Well said Nickel
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2020, 11:45:27 AM »
FIFY.

Hard to question the motives of kids who end up at UVA and MSU.  Two of the most selfless programs in the country.  Your argument holds water if they run to Iowa State or Nebraska or even Bucky but look where they ended up.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Scat

• Walk-On
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2020, 11:55:15 AM »

The bolded line is an infantile way of looking at the issue.
I didn't start messing with my happy until my early teen years.

feedback