Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer tweet  (Read 27204 times)

Warrior of Law

• All American
Homer tweet
« on: March 08, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »
Let me help everyone out on twitter. Wojo will be at Marquette next season. Talk about it all you want...say whatever you want. I can't control that...but know that any discussion of his departure is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

So, there you have it. Wojo coming back in 2020-21. Big money donors who can influence these decisions must be nonexistent, or if they do exist, they're ok with this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:53:27 PM by mu_hilltopper »
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Homer tweet
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 05:04:00 PM »
It's not a waste of time.  Lovell reads his @s and the MUBB @s.  They know everyone is pissed.  The longer and more intense it gets, the quicker we'll get rid of Wojo.  Waste of a thread.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 05:18:55 PM »
Homer isn't considerin' dat Woj bolts on his own, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:55:50 PM »
It's not a waste of time.  Lovell reads his @s and the MUBB @s.  They know everyone is pissed.  The longer and more intense it gets, the quicker we'll get rid of Wojo.  Waste of a thread.

He got a new  2 year extension

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 05:59:30 PM »
Homer isn't considerin' dat Woj bolts on his own, hey?

No, he's not.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 06:07:54 PM »
Once again our administration sees the big picture. Unfortunately the team and the fans have to live it. We just need to get used to another train wreck in year 7. Does anyone predict 8+ years of Wojo the magnificent? Do I hear 10?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 06:10:06 PM »

I don't think so...Wojo is Lovell's guy. he hired him. I can't see him firing him. I could however see Wojo leaving on his own. I really think Wake Forest could be of interest to him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
Lovell has made a number of bad decisions during his time at MU. It appears that he has just made another!
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 06:24:34 PM »
Well I just learned homer is part of the decision process.

You would think homer would not like wojo with the amount of times he bailed on the post game.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 06:25:07 PM »
What are the other bad decisions?

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »
Lovell, the first non-Jesuit to be president of Marquette. That could change.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »
What are the other bad decisions?

Use google, they are very easy to find.
- Winston S. Churchill

muguru

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 06:50:43 PM »
Lovell, the first non-Jesuit to be president of Marquette. That could change.

And if you remember he was a "rushed" hire, they got him in place during the Shaka process, so Shaka knew who would be president, if he took the job(which he actually did). Like it happened simultaneously.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »

And if you remember he was a "rushed" hire, they got him in place during the Shaka process, so Shaka knew who would be president, if he took the job(which he actually did). Like it happened simultaneously.

I could never understand the Wojo hire, he had no experience as a head coach! Wojo never had to make decisions under pressure.
- Winston S. Churchill

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 07:02:02 PM »
Who the hell is Homer? And he sure sounds pleased at his announcement. Well there is always next year, eh?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 07:05:26 PM »
I could never understand the Wojo hire, he had no experience as a head coach! Wojo never had to make decisions under pressure.
wKO, TC and Buzz had no experience either (uNO does not count for Buzz as that was just weird).

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 07:10:01 PM »

Has he yet?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 07:13:23 PM »
Let me help everyone out on twitter. Wojo will be at Marquette next season. Talk about it all you want...say whatever you want. I can't control that...but know that any discussion of his departure is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

So, there you have it. Wojo coming back in 2020-21. Big money donors who can influence these decisions must be nonexistent, or if they do exist, they're ok with this.

If talking about things that we have no control over is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME we might as well end all discussion about pretty much everything.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 07:17:54 PM »
A vision without a plan is just a dream. Wojo was a seller of dreams all laid out on his power point and Lovell bought in hook line and sinker! The truth is I dont think Wojo ever had a plan.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:45:15 PM by curbina »
- Winston S. Churchill

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 07:25:04 PM »
wKO, TC and Buzz had no experience either (uNO does not count for Buzz as that was just weird).

Three wrongs dont make a right. I would never hire a person with no experience. If you keep rolling the dice you will crap out sooner or later!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:43:01 PM by curbina »
- Winston S. Churchill

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »

It appears that Homer and the powers to be must be worried because they are trying to tamp down any and all discussion w.r.t Wojo’s departure.
- Winston S. Churchill

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 07:35:08 PM »
It appears that Homer and the powers to be must be worried because they are trying to tamp down any and all discussion w.r.t Wojo’s departure.

Or recruiting

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »
How did a non Jesuit get the job?  First ever?  Seems like Lovell is just a money man.  Mu kind of sold out for the big $$ it seems.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
How did a non Jesuit get the job?  First ever?  Seems like Lovell is just a money man.  Mu kind of sold out for the big $$ it seems.

That is a very good question, I would love to know the answer!
- Winston S. Churchill

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 07:59:19 PM »
Who the hell is Homer? And he sure sounds pleased at his announcement. Well there is always next year, eh?

Homer from Tweeter! Probably just more FAKE news.
- Winston S. Churchill