Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Our Fans Suck  (Read 27618 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Our Fans Suck
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »
Oh for the love of god, this narrative about our “arsehole” fans is bullshat, bullshat, bullshat.  I’m not sure how it caught on.  The team is mediocre and Wojo’s biggest supporters can’t blame him, so I guess it’s the fault of the fan base.

The game was packed today, and the crowd was *desperate* for a chance to get rowdy.  Got super loud when MU cut it to five in the first half, and then SH got two stops, hit two threes, and shut everybody up.  Hell, every time MU cut it to 14 or so in the second half, the crowd got back into it.  Unfortunately, when you’re losing by as many as 24 points in the second half, it’s hard to get hot enough to overcome that deficit.  But the fans were to down to get loud.

And I don’t blame people for leaving early.  MU spent the whole afternoon getting their asses kicked.  Some people have a long ride home and other stuff to do with their day.  But if Marquette had actually been competitive, I guarantee you everyone would have stayed.  Maybe not for the senior day speeches, but they would’ve been there till the final buzzer.  But hey, two clowns out of 18,000 heckled Markus’ parents and got kicked out, so I guess every single one of our fans sucks and that’s why we’re 8-8 in conference and have lost 4 of our last 5.

Silent Verbal just hit a grand slam homerun with this post...even though you're going to get blasted by the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd that you're an entitled whiny baby because you didn't like them being down 24 today. How dare you not like that!

You're damn right the crowd was amped up and looking for every chance they could to get rowdy and get behind the team..but on their own home floor, they started slow in each half(again...it's like a broken record) and took all the wind out of the sails and in turn buried themselves. I guess no one is worried about that though.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2020, 06:15:26 PM »
Oh for the love of god, this narrative about our “arsehole” fans is bullshat, bullshat, bullshat.  I’m not sure how it caught on.  The team is mediocre and Wojo’s biggest supporters can’t blame him, so I guess it’s the fault of the fan base.

The game was packed today, and the crowd was *desperate* for a chance to get rowdy.  Got super loud when MU cut it to five in the first half, and then SH got two stops, hit two threes, and shut everybody up.  Hell, every time MU cut it to 14 or so in the second half, the crowd got back into it.  Unfortunately, when you’re losing by as many as 24 points in the second half, it’s hard to get hot enough to overcome that deficit.  But the fans were to down to get loud.

And I don’t blame people for leaving early.  MU spent the whole afternoon getting their asses kicked.  Some people have a long ride home and other stuff to do with their day.  But if Marquette had actually been competitive, I guarantee you everyone would have stayed.  Maybe not for the senior day speeches, but they would’ve been there till the final buzzer.  But hey, two clowns out of 18,000 heckled Markus’ parents and got kicked out, so I guess every single one of our fans sucks and that’s why we’re 8-8 in conference and have lost 4 of our last 5.

This thread has nothing to do about Wojo. This was about sticking around after the game to honor Markus.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2020, 06:16:18 PM »
This is simply a yes or no question..no other commentary is wanted/needed. Were you impressed or okay with them being down 24 points at one point today?? Again a simple yes or no question.

Not impressed. Not happy.

Never thought about leaving and not supporting players who have busted their ass for my school/team. Proud of how they have represented my school and will going forward. I am also not a soft fair weathered fan.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2020, 06:22:57 PM »
Okay whatever you say...weren't you the same guy that a year or so ago, couldn't attend a game or watch it on TV or something because you had bought tickets to see the blue men?? Are you unnatural carnal knowledgeing kidding me?? I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years.. driven an hour one way for 18 years in some crapty weather to support the team. I have donated money, I have bought thousands of dollars worth of MU gear through the years..and you know what?? Unlike you I do NOT like it when they lose. I'm not one to shrug my shoulders after a loss like you do and go "oh well, on to the next one". No big deal.

If you didn't read what i said...I listened to the speeches on the way home...I guess that's not good enough for you.

Nope. My name is a take off of Arrested Development, you clueless turd. If you had anything resembling a sense of humor you’d realize that.

Believe it or not, I have high expectations for the team and program.   I’m merely not a lunatic. This program would be better off without fans like you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2020, 06:25:50 PM »

Never thought about leaving and not supporting players who have busted their ass for my school/team. Proud of how they have represented my school and will going forward. I am also not a soft fair weathered fan.

Nor am I, so knock it off with this...I NEVER for any reason miss a game on TV and in 18 years driving an hour one way I have missed I think 3 home games(and that damn near killed me). Far from fair weathered but also don't like losing...sorry if you do, but I don't.

Let me ask you a question...have you ever left a non conference blow out game early?? If you say no, you're a f'n liar. I guess that would make you a fair weathered fan then too, wouldn't it??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2020, 06:26:43 PM »

Not aware of fans heckling the Howards, and if they did they are idiots. Had nothing to do with my post. I’m taking about the empty stadium 5 minutes before tip and for the seniors’ speeches. I find that offensive given the effort and time these kids put into the program. I believe they care and give their best, therefore I will support them and at least give them one more butt in the seats to let them take their bows on senior day.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 06:30:50 PM »
Nope. My name is a take off of Arrested Development, you clueless turd. If you had anything resembling a sense of humor you’d realize that.

Believe it or not, I have high expectations for the team and program.   I’m merely not a lunatic. This program would be better off without fans like you.

Yeah you sure do...I can just imagine what your high expectations are..stay out of trouble, graduate, give good effort every game..those are likely your "high" expectations.

This program NEEDS more fans like me actually...100% diehard. This program needs LESS fans like you...you know the one's that are okay with the mediocrity we have had for 6 years now. Then again, you aren't alone, if every fan here that shared the same feelings as you did..were eliminated this board would only have like 10-15 of us left.

THAT is where the problem with the fan base lies unfortunately.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2020, 06:33:33 PM »
Not aware of fans heckling the Howards, and if they did they are idiots. Had nothing to do with my post. I’m taking about the empty stadium 5 minutes before tip and for the seniors’ speeches. I find that offensive given the effort and time these kids put into the program. I believe they care and give their best, therefore I will support them and at least give them one more butt in the seats to let them take their bows on senior day.

Now this I will agree with you on...has been a problem for as long as I have been going to games...get your god damn ass in your seat before the game starts. The amount of people that come filtering in after tip(and sometimes well after) just baffles me, especially considering a vast majority of them are  probably actually already AT Fiserv, just for whatever reason don't feel inclined to be in their seats at tip off.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »
Nor am I, so knock it off with this...I NEVER for any reason miss a game on TV and in 18 years driving an hour one way I have missed I think 3 home games(and that damn near killed me). Far from fair weathered but also don't like losing...sorry if you do, but I don't.

Let me ask you a question...have you ever left a non conference blow out game early?? If you say no, you're a f'n liar. I guess that would make you a fair weathered fan then too, wouldn't it??

Actually, no I have not. I hate missing tip and I don’t leave early. Just a personal preference.

If you have been to all but 3 home games in 18 years you are not the focal point of my frustration by any means. You also said you had a commitment you had to get to. I find it frustrating that the vast majority of the student section and stadium in general left before the seniors were honored.  I don’t believe for a minute that most had commitments.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »
I strongly suspect that guru didn’t have some sort of obligation. He was just mad they were down 24 at one point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2020, 06:35:59 PM »
Yeah you sure do...I can just imagine what your high expectations are..stay out of trouble, graduate, give good effort every game..those are likely your "high" expectations.

This program NEEDS more fans like me actually...100% diehard. This program needs LESS fans like you...you know the one's that are okay with the mediocrity we have had for 6 years now. Then again, you aren't alone, if every fan here that shared the same feelings as you did..were eliminated this board would only have like 10-15 of us left.

I thought earlier in this thread you called someone out for telling fans how to act. Are you the fan czar?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2020, 06:41:49 PM »

I agree. I’m not gonna knock muguru’s allegiance, but he holds himself out there as someone who really understands basketball. Of course it was hard to watch, but this just in: the BigEast’s best team (with only 3 league Ls and only one bad loss in conference to X) was HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS. Guess what? So was Nova in their bandbox. Creighton is the worst matchup in conference for us. I felt we would win one of these three games. We didn’t.  Just remember what Stan said earlier this year...be a poker player...things are never as bad as they seem or as good as they appear at any given moment. Last I checked, the Big East is the top rated conference by two metrics. Time for a winning streak. Scoop fans are fanatics and mostly fine. Many casual fans in our fan base lack faith...belief without evidence. We are a good team. The evidence is forthcoming. We are not the great team I felt we could be.  However, you never know when a team can gets things rolling. This is the right time to string a bunch of Ws together.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2020, 06:44:48 PM »
Haha!!! All of you need to get off your ethical high horse. This is a program that hasn’t won’t a NCAA tournament game in 6 years.  Fans want to be associates with programs who win.we didn’t do that today, and to be honest weren’t even competitive for the vast majority of the game.

This fan base is getting restless, end of story

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2020, 06:45:38 PM »

You equate having high expectations with losing your mind when they’re not met. Some people can deal with it in a healthy manner.

I’m in no way satisfied with the last 5 games. It’s extremely disappointing. Your “fandom” is not normal and does not equate to not caring or having high expectations.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2020, 06:49:33 PM »
You equate having high expectations with losing your mind when they’re not met. Some people can deal with it in a healthy manner.

I’m in no way satisfied with the last 5 games. It’s extremely disappointing. Your “fandom” is not normal and does not equate to not caring or having high expectations.
Hes an extreme outlier on the fan ship spectrum. His mental health is predicated on the results of a college basketball team. It is very bizzare.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2020, 06:50:40 PM »
Haha!!! All of you need to get off your ethical high horse. This is a program that hasn’t won’t a NCAA tournament game in 6 years.  Fans want to be associates with programs who win.we didn’t do that today, and to be honest weren’t even competitive for the vast majority of the game.

Can’t disagree with this take.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »

And yet 3 seniors have worked their ass off to entertain you for 5, 4, and 1 year and you reward them by leaving before they can thank you for your support.

You are defining what the post was about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2020, 06:54:06 PM »
Period.

Get to the game on time and stay to honor seniors who have busted their ass for several years. So fed up with the reactionary entitled fan base. Support your team.

I skipped my son’s 6th grade basketball game to be able to see the 1:13pm ceremonies. Now YOU’RE mad I’m skipping my daughter’s 4:15p game bc of some unannounced speeches I had no idea about?

OK.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »

You defined yourself as a fair-weathered fan. Fair enough. In my view, fair weathered fans are soft.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2020, 06:59:50 PM »
This is some ironic entitlement.....

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
I skipped my son’s 6th grade basketball game to be able to see the 1:13pm ceremonies. Now YOU’RE mad I’m skipping my daughter’s 4:15p game bc of some unannounced speeches I had no idea about?

OK.

They were announced, but no. Would never criticize for getting to your kid’s game. I don’t believe the vast majority of people in the stadium had conflicts. Particularly the students.

Ultimately, who am I to say that people should stay for the speeches. Because I think it is the right thing to do absent a legit commitment doesn’t make it so. As a whole, I do think it says something about our fans.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2020, 07:22:49 PM »
And yet 3 seniors have worked their ass off to entertain you for 5, 4, and 1 year and you reward them by leaving before they can thank you for your support.

You are defining what the post was about.

As a sports fan, I don’t really care if a high level athlete wants to thank me for their support.  I mean, if they wanted to thank me personally, sure, that would mean something.  But a speech after a loss during what’s so far been a mediocre season?  I have better things to do with my time.  When you factor in driving to and from the game, I’ve already given up four hours of my afternoon.  That’s enough, I think.  But hey, I’m also not the kind of guy who would attend a parade for a team that won a championship.  Those things don’t really do it for me.

My relationship with high level athletes can be broken down to a simple transaction.  I pay money to watch them play.  I expect to see a good game where they play hard, but sometimes one or both of those things don’t happen.  As a fan attending a game, I cheer when the team does well and, like everyone else, sit there in stunned silence when they fall behind by 24 points.  At the very minimum, my role is to not yell vile things, or throw stuff, or try to run onto the court/field.  But that’s the whole transaction.

What I’m saying is, I don’t owe it to a player to watch a post game speech.  I paid for my ticket, watched the game, didn’t do anything vile to get myself kicked out, and left.  They played 40 minutes of basketball.  Transaction complete.  They don’t care that I didn’t stay.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:24:36 PM by Silent Verbal »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2020, 07:23:35 PM »
They were announced, but no. Would never criticize for getting to your kid’s game. I don’t believe the vast majority of people in the stadium had conflicts. Particularly the students.

Ultimately, who am I to say that people should stay for the speeches. Because I think it is the right thing to do absent a legit commitment doesn’t make it so. As a whole, I do think it says something about our fans.

To be fair, they didn’t do a very good job. I think it was at the under 8 timeout in the second half they mentioned it. I didn’t hear it during the pregame ceremony. Not everyone is on Twitter.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2020, 07:32:15 PM »
I left the game early. Judge away. The effort today was crap, and I didn't feel like sitting through it.

I attended all but one of Sacar and Markus' home games during their careers. So I'm content with how much I've supported them.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2020, 07:32:20 PM »
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:36:01 PM by News: Garcia dreams MU »
Goal is National Championship

feedback