'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Let’s have a hand for Markus Howard  (Read 5117 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Let’s have a hand for Markus Howard
« on: February 29, 2020, 04:15:22 PM »
Honestly love that guy. Gave us several memories. Sorry we couldn’t give you some better strategy.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Re: Let’s have a hand for Markus Howard
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 04:18:29 PM »
It’s sad we couldn’t build more around him, Like Powell has.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »
Great player. Great kid.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 04:22:23 PM »
Goodbye markus howard 😓😔

1SE

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 04:23:43 PM »
Regardless of what a few of the long-toothers say, he's on MU's Mt. Rushmore. Could possibly be the best scorer that will ever play at Marquette. I hope we get a couple in March for his sake.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 04:25:28 PM »
Regardless of what a few of the long-toothers say, he's on MU's Mt. Rushmore. Could possibly be the best scorer that will ever play at Marquette. I hope we get a couple in March for his sake.

Agree! An NCAA tourney win or 2 would do a lot for how he’s remembered

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 04:40:16 PM »
Honestly love that guy. Gave us several memories. Sorry we couldn’t give you some better strategy.

You should give an all timer his due without using it as an excuse to bash his head coach, you know the guy who’s responsible for bringing him to Marquette and letting us enjoy him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
You should give an all timer his due without using it as an excuse to bash his head coach, you know the guy who’s responsible for bringing him to Marquette and letting us enjoy him.

Bingo. That was the only intention of the post.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 04:42:36 PM »
I love Markus, honestly. That’s all I was getting at. Sorry anyone misinterpreted.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
Agreed. The greatest offensive player/scorer I've ever seen at MU.  Thankful he was a Warrior.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 04:51:23 PM »
I love Markus, honestly. That’s all I was getting at. Sorry anyone misinterpreted.

Thank you.

He’s awesome, it’s been a joy to watch

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 04:57:02 PM »
I believe today was Markus' 30th game of scoring at least 30 points.

connie

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »
Special person.  Special player.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
👏

We will miss him on the court next year. 

Cheers to Sacar and Jayce as well.  All warriors. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »
It’s really unfortunate how the narrative with Howard has gone and will go. He was ELECTRIC today. Midway through the 2nd he was 6-6 from deep. Had a few assists and wasn’t forcing anything. Way more efficient than Powell shooting the ball.

But post game, I’ve seen a bunch on Twitter and elsewhere about how Powell helped his team win and Howard didnt. How many passes to wide open shooters did Howard have where the shot was missed? Powell had 5 assists in the first half where Rodan and Mamu buried a jumper. Howard hit every big shot he needed to except for MAYBE the last 3 he missed when they were down 8 late. What more could he do? If he had a dude go 10/13 and 3/3, despite being a 35% shooter from deep, along with him would he be exalted as a winner?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:18:46 PM by JWags85 »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »
Not ready to say goodbye yet. I really hope we make some noise in the postseason. Markus deserves it. Incredible scorer. Incredible human being.
No Finish Line

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »
Not ready to say goodbye yet. I really hope we make some noise in the postseason. Markus deserves it. Incredible scorer. Incredible human being.

Second this.  All-time great at MU on and off the court.  Thanks Markus!

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 08:08:52 PM »
It’s really unfortunate how the narrative with Howard has gone and will gone. He was ELECTRIC today. Midway through the 2nd he was 6-6 from deep. Had a few assists and wasn’t forcing anything. Way more efficient than Powell shooting the ball.

But post game, I’ve seen a bunch on Twitter and elsewhere about how Powell helped his team win and Howard didnt. How many passes to wide open shooters did Howard have where the shot was missed? Powell had 5 assists in the first half where Rodan and Mamu buried a jumper. Howard hit every big shot he needed to except for MAYBE the last 3 he missed when they were down 8 late. What more could he do? If he had a dude go 10/13 and 3/3, despite being a 35% shooter from deep, along with him would he be exalted as a winner?

Markus went 12-20.  Rest of the team went 17-47.  Who let who down?

FrennA

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 11:08:23 PM »
I love Markus.  He’s a great player and even better person.  How about a hand for all our seniors? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 11:12:18 PM »
It’s really unfortunate how the narrative with Howard has gone and will go. He was ELECTRIC today. Midway through the 2nd he was 6-6 from deep. Had a few assists and wasn’t forcing anything. Way more efficient than Powell shooting the ball.

Great post. I wish Markus had found a way to shoot another dozen times today.

Will miss him ... but he's not done yet in a Marquette uniform. Two more regular season, at least a couple more in the BET. And at least a couple in the NCAAs.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »
Markus...lead the team on a Curry-like tournament run.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM »
Markus...lead the team on a Curry-like tournament run.

Why not a Kemba Walker-like tournament run, so it ends up in a run down WI Ave?!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »
Why not a Kemba Walker-like tournament run, so it ends up in a run down WI Ave?!

YES!!!  This is what we all need.  This would cement Markus in the hearts of all Marquette fans, and all Milwaukeeans, for generations.  Even the doubters and naysayers that are still squawking.

Without that though, Markus will be fondly remembered for what he has already done, which is a helluva lot.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »

Powells teammates made wide open shots, Markus’s brick them one after another, it was the difference in the game.  Mu shot terribly SHU shot very well the blow hards that want to talk about tactics n game plans dont realize how games are won and lost.  MU did everything right but make shots and unfortunately SHU made a ton of them.  Willard said they key to their defensive game plan was to stop Sacar, with 4 minutes left in tge game Sacar was 1-11 and every single shot was wide open for Sacar, he is just not a very good shooter.
We killed them on the boards n did very well on turnovers.  They made shots we missed open shots, its that simple.  Both teams were well coached
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 07:18:18 PM »
Gonna miss Markus next year. What a fun player to watch the last 4 years. Repped the university as great as any other player in his position and status.