Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Sub for Markus at end  (Read 14152 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
No Sub for Markus at end
« on: February 29, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »
How does Wojo brick that moment and not get him a standing O. Jesus.

1SE

• All American
Re: No Sub for Markus at end
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »
How does Wojo brick that moment and not get him a standing O. Jesus.

He's a clown
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:37:30 PM »
Markus wanted to win to the end

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:37:32 PM »
Umm, because the players decided to start playing with 2:00 left and there wasn’t a stoppage after it was out of reach

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
You’re fuggin serious?
Sub out the best shooter to concede?

Imagine all you dumb arses who complain about how the NET works seeing Howard come off at the end.

NET points and victory merging ONLY matter when NERS decides.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 03:38:39 PM »
Yeah honestly that was pretty pathetic.. should have called for the foul with 6 secs left and subbed him out. If anyone deserves a senior day standing ovation over the last 15 years its markus Howard

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »
I should add a sub for Sacar too. This is almost a ritual at senior night - to sub out seniors for one last ovation.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 03:41:15 PM »
Bush league

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
You’re fuggin serious?
Sub out the best shooter to concede?

Imagine all you dumb arses who complain about how the NET works seeing Howard come off at the end.

NET points and victory merging ONLY matter when NERS decides.

Yeah I’m serious. Clearly you are a dumb arse.

Easy AF to foul and sub out after we didn’t cut lead down from 5.

If ever a senior deserved that moment - it was Markus.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
Wojo has been very subdued the last couple of games, reminds me a bit of Buzz before he left...has Wojo checked out?
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »
Wojo has been very subdued the last couple of games, reminds me a bit of Buzz before he left...has Wojo checked out?

You maybe on to something..

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »
Yeah honestly that was pretty pathetic.. should have called for the foul with 6 secs left and subbed him out. If anyone deserves a senior day standing ovation over the last 15 years its markus Howard

That's what I was expecting. It's a shame Markus didn't get that moment.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 03:46:43 PM »
Some people will complain about anything.

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 03:46:54 PM »

Would you blame him? The team was ranked and comfortably in the tournament and a surprisingly large group of dipsh*t fans decide to start booing him. With highly ranked recruits in the house. I'd leave too if I were him.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 03:49:01 PM by thebigjake »

1SE

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »

Letting Stan take the huddles...
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 03:51:10 PM »
Would you blame him? The team was ranked and comfortably in the tournament and a surprisingly large group of dipsh*t fans decide to start booing him. With highly ranked recruits in the house. I'd leave too if I were him.

I’m in Goose’s camp on what Wojo should do.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 03:53:14 PM »

A guy getting paid about 2 mil leaving a job because a couple dozen teenagers didn't adore him would be the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of in my life.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »

Weren't people attacking him for being human scum for being too active and fighting to the end even though we were going to lose, just 2 games ago?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 03:56:29 PM »

After the epic collapse last year, losing the Hausers (red flag), and getting drilled in 4 of our last 5 games, and no NCAA wins in previous 5 seasons - fans should be thrilled?  All while having Markus here too?

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
A guy getting paid about 2 mil leaving a job because a couple dozen teenagers didn't adore him would be the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of in my life.

He'll be offered that by some other school whose fans aren't as stupid as ours... And he'll happily take it.  And we'll have two coaches in a row that left for a lesser job (assuming he goes somewhere like Wake). Good luck with that going forward trying to hire anyone decent.  Or having any coach sign recruits once it gets around (and it will VERY quickly) that our dipsh*t fanbase booed Howard's parents.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »
After the epic collapse last year, losing the Hausers (red flag), and getting drilled in 4 of our last 5 games, and no NCAA wins in previous 5 seasons - fans should be thrilled?  All while having Markus here too?

Seriously. You’re the worst.

You see the TV show the Outsider?
You’re the demon in that show. You thrive off negativity. You’re weak.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
Isn’t the 10 point threshold huge for NET?  A foul makes this a worse loss.  Once the game was decided, the players probably wanted the buzzer.  Anyone who was still there was sticking around for the standing o during the postgame ceremony.  You guys are really reaching...

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 04:01:53 PM »
Markus wanted to play till the buzzer sounded. I think thats why he stayed in. Loved watching him play, its a real shame the team couldnt hit open shots today. SHU was lights out, but it was tough to be at a game with a packed crowd and see so many bricked shots.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
Seriously. You’re the worst.

You see the TV show the Outsider?
You’re the demon in that show. You thrive off negativity. You’re weak.

You know what’s weak?  Being so thin skinned you get tweaked by someone who has a different opinion than you.
And to then try to talk sh$t.

However, carry on and enjoy your delusional rainbows and unicorns universe. Here’s a participation ribbon for you.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
He'll be offered that by some other school whose fans aren't as stupid as ours... And he'll happily take it.  And we'll have two coaches in a row that left for a lesser job (assuming he goes somewhere like Wake). Good luck with that going forward trying to hire anyone decent.  Or having any coach sign recruits once it gets around (and it will VERY quickly) that our dipsh*t fanbase booed Howard's parents.

Buzz took a job in a more powerful conference because he didn't think the new Big East would pan out. And then he turned that "lesser" school into a team that was very competitive and was as good or better than is during his time there.

You also need to realize that a few fans booing or saying mean things on the internet don't matter in real decisions. The fans might hurt a few peoples feelings here and there, but they don't move the needle at all.

So again, if a handful of teenagers affect Wojos career decisions, that's a much bigger indictment of him than the fans.