[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mc-Dammit  (Read 36487 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Mc-Dammit
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:42 PM »
Thank you.  I will now able to go to sleep laughing.
Yes yes - what an imbecile I am! How could I not appreciate the boundless success Wojo and his teams have brought the program for the last half decade plus!!

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:48 PM »
Being ranked #18 is the worst basketball since you were able to remember??  Go back to rooting for DePaul.

Well we are playing like trash the last few games. You are correct is stating our 18 rank in the past tense though

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:58 PM »
As the lone, de facto high water mark over the last 6 years? Yes.. yes that’s the worst basketball MU has experienced in my lifetime.

Ok teenager, hope this game helps filled you with angst.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2020, 10:01:18 PM »
Have to protect home.  This along with the Providence debacle really hurts.

CU really passes the ball well, backdoors, from the post to outside, things that Mu does not just do very good and not very often.

Anyone else tired of watching Kobe throw the ball into the stands, benches, etc.  Yet, he has 8 assists tonight, but shot 3 for 11. I hope this kid Mane commits to MU, he will be needed big time next year..  There was talk in another thread about Cain playing the 2G.  Not gonna happen, I cringe every time he dribbles the ball.  Torrence may improve but he was benched in second half and Elliott got smoked defensively.  Who knows maybe the lowly rated Dexter kid can play fairly well. 

People are going to rip Markus, who is playing himself out of BE POY, never less NPOY, but that mass has to be bothering him.  Alexander shut him down big time and he is an NBA prospect.

About this time last year, MU was 23-4 and 12-2 in BE, then the horrific ending.  Hope it doesn't continue. 

fjm

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »
Offense missed a lot of open shots.
Ouch.

It was not great. But not as bad as 5dollar and Mike deane claim.

But also, 5dollar is rooting for DePaul. Sooo he’s got that going for him.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
First four out level team at best.   The team is awful and the lack of talent is seriously degrading howards draft stock as we go along

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »
Not sure how any team can win with koby playing like that, i have gotten to the point of wondering what unthinkably stupid play Koby will make and cringing every time he touches the ball.  With him at PG hes almost un- overcomeable.  If that is a word?  We missed shots, they hit shots but the most valuable player for Creighton tonite was without question Koby.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:20 PM »
Alexander hit every damn shot he had.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:34 PM »
1.  Best offensive movement I have seen in years.  Better than the midgets season under Buzz.   If they stay healthy and play like they have for the last month,  they could make the final 4.
2.  But if MU made open shots, they still would have won.
3.  Markus is getting the crap beat out of him.
4.  That is it.  Creighton is playing great and did so again tonight.  But, if MU hit their open looks they win.

5.   Theo had a night.

They missed a lot of open looks, too. Not as many as we did, but a lot. And because of the ball movement you speak of, they’re open looks are a lot more open than ours.

Only problem I see going forward for the Bluejays is that they’re what Al used to call a doughnut team - big hole in the middle. If Theo can go double/double against them...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:48 PM »
They are not even close to the top 25 best teams in the country in a down year in the ncaa.   Wisconsin would eat their lunch even if they dont score more than 50 points. 

Wont see the top 25 rest of the way out now

You clearly can't help it but try to be a little less stupid and maybe other stupid people will buy into your stupidity.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2020, 10:03:54 PM »
Yes yes - what an imbecile I am! How could I not appreciate the boundless success Wojo and his teams have brought the program for the last half decade plus!!

You still want to be DePaul?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2020, 10:04:29 PM »
Ok teenager, hope this game helps filled you with angst.
Not a teenager but younger than those of you unfortunates that had to live through coherent fandom during Bob Dukiet’s tenure.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2020, 10:06:56 PM »
1.  Best offensive movement I have seen in years.  Better than the midgets season under Buzz.   If they stay healthy and play like they have for the last month,  they could make the final 4.
2.  But if MU made open shots, they still would have won.
3.  Markus is getting the crap beat out of him.
4.  That is it.  Creighton is playing great and did so again tonight.  But, if MU hit their open looks they win.

5.   Theo had a night.
A lot of trolls on here, but #3 is such a homer comment. Are you suggesting MH was fouled tonight and it wasn’t called?
Are you referring to Jayce’s rake of his face? The blocking call?
Not sure what you are referring to with that comment.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2020, 10:07:35 PM »
6 years of Wojo, seen some dumb crap in 6 years, okay...that happens....but by and far the dumbest thing I’ve seen in the last 6 years is when he instructed the players to foul Bishop in the last minute, with a foul to give. I swear to god, I saw McDermott smirk, and then promptly pull him out of the game.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
You still want to be DePaul?
I mean if you go back and actually read the thread it was a devils advocate exercise to suggest that maybe DePaul was making a true breakthrough faster than Marquette. They weren’t. Sure. I was wrong about that.

But that doesn’t discredit that Marquette’s rebuild hasn’t progressed quickly enough for many (myself included). I started at MU and graduated all without a tourney win. And we still sit here today without a tourney win.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2020, 10:09:41 PM »
Alexander hit every damn shot he had.

9-21 total, 4-11 from 3.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2020, 10:10:04 PM »
I mean if you go back and actually read the thread it was a devils advocate exercise to suggest that maybe DePaul was making a true breakthrough faster than Marquette. They weren’t. Sure. I was wrong about that.

But that doesn’t discredit that Marquette’s rebuild hasn’t progressed quickly enough for many (myself included). I started at MU and graduated all without a tourney win. And we still sit here today without a tourney win.

Goalposts moved. Congrats.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2020, 10:10:34 PM »
First four out level team at best.   The team is awful and the lack of talent is seriously degrading howards draft stock as we go along

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2020, 10:12:16 PM »
Goalposts moved. Congrats.
Skirmish lost, war continues. Overall point still stands as strong as ever.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2020, 10:12:28 PM »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2020, 10:12:43 PM »
Playing their best ball of the year coming into 2 top league games and could not even compete to be a threat to win in either.   

Wojo = mediocrity.  Get used to it. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2020, 10:13:39 PM »
I do not like Wojo-ball. Give me some junkyard dogs. The worst era in MU basketball since I’ve been old enough to remember.

You must be really young
Goal is National Championship

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2020, 10:14:04 PM »
Playing their best ball of the year coming into 2 top league games and could not even compete to be a threat to win in either.   

Wojo = mediocrity.  Get used to it.
Oh many here are used to it. That’s the problem. This pattern has been accepted.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2020, 10:14:24 PM »
Skirmish lost, war continues. Overall point still stands as strong as ever.

The point is you suggested you'd rather have DePaul's program. How are they doing this year?  How does their future look?  What is their incoming class ranked? 

Idiot.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2020, 10:14:52 PM »
A lot of trolls on here, but #3 is such a homer comment. Are you suggesting MH was fouled tonight and it wasn’t called?
Are you referring to Jayce’s rake of his face? The blocking call?
Not sure what you are referring to with that comment.

It looks like hes getting beat up because they  have a practice squad around him trying to compete in high major ball

feedback