[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamal Cain 👍🏼  (Read 28965 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Jamal Cain 👍🏼
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2020, 12:30:23 PM »
How do you explain zero wins....we played two better teams that day.  That’s how.  Weird that it has been two appearances in the last three years...but your agenda rings loudly.

Murray St and how to handle Morant sure was figured out easily by Leonard Hamilton and staff the next round. He did opposite of Wojo’s approach in defending them and blew them out.

Yeah, my agenda, an opinion that doesn’t match yours. You are so pompous.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
If it would have been less than awful most of Wednesday’s game, we probably win it. We still had a chance the last minute in spite of all the problems. And again begs the question, how does that happen? It was way more than just an off night shooting as previously stated.

What’s going to happen to our wonderful offensive rankings when we don’t have the most prolific scorer in school history anymore?  A guy that score 20 without breaking a sweat.

How does that happen? Jay Wright had a good defensive gameplan for us. It happens. Wojo adjusted and beat that good defensive gameplan for the last 14 minutes but it was too little too late.

Honest question, how much non-MU college basketball do you watch. Cause if you think we have no offensive identity, you should see what else is out there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
Murray St and how to handle Morant sure was figured out easily by Leonard Hamilton and staff the next round. He did opposite of Wojo’s approach in defending them and blew them out.

With length and athleticism is how Florida State handled Morant. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »

Did Leonard Hamilton do the opposite of Wojo? Or did he have a top 10 defensive team with a roster that looked completely different than ours?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2020, 12:44:47 PM »
How does that happen? Jay Wright had a good defensive gameplan for us. It happens. Wojo adjusted and beat that good defensive gameplan for the last 14 minutes but it was too little too late.

Honest question, how much non-MU college basketball do you watch. Cause if you think we have no offensive identity, you should see what else is out there.

What did Wright and Nova do that was so suffocating for us? Describe this brilliant defensive gameplan he concocted since that’s your explanation.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
Watch how many possessions there was zero ball movement, zero movement away from the ball, and one on one play.

Yes, at times that happened.  Now also look how many wide open shots didn’t go down.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »
What did Wright and Nova do that was so suffocating for us? Describe this brilliant defensive gameplan he concocted since that’s your explanation.

He left Marquette guys wide open so they’d miss shots.  Did you watch the game?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
Did Leonard Hamilton do the opposite of Wojo? Or did he have a top 10 defensive team with a roster that looked completely different than ours?

Yes, he didn’t obsess about stopping Morant and multiple guys running at him to get the ball out of his hands. They just stopped everyone else and made Murray St the one man show they were.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »

FSU has the type of athleticism to do that, we didn’t.  Matchups matter.

Leonard Hamilton is 70+ years old and has much more experience than Wojo does.  That’s the way it goes.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2020, 12:52:07 PM »
I love how Wojo seemingly fell into great shooters yet we ignore how Anim, Bailey, & Cain have become reliable shooters.

And criticizing March success in February is a dishonest argument. At this point of the season, all he can do is put them into position to win in March. Winning 6/8 is doing just that. He can't undo that narrative until next month. It's a complete straw man.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »
FSU has the type of athleticism to do that, we didn’t.  Matchups matter.

Leonard Hamilton is 70+ years old and has much more experience than Wojo does.  That’s the way it goes.

Your first point, Morant still had like 28. Rest of their guys were nothing to fear athletically or anything else.  Rest we’re all mid major guys, nothing more.  We had the personnel to shut every other guy down. So, no.

Your second point, OMG. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:04:46 PM by HutchwasClutch »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2020, 12:59:18 PM »
Lol. I love the NoJos. “We’ve seen 6 years of this (despite year 6 still being ongoing) and we have 0 Tourney wins to show for it. How long does he need? At what point is he just what he is?!”

Also NoJos: “Yeah our offense has been great. But we’ve had immaculate 3 point shooting and the greatest scorer in the history of the BE. This offense can not be sustainable and we’ll fall back soon.”

Have it both ways, I guess.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2020, 01:00:04 PM »
I love how Wojo seemingly fell into great shooters yet we ignore how Anim, Bailey, & Cain have become reliable shooters.

And criticizing March success in February is a dishonest argument. At this point of the season, all he can do is put them into position to win in March. Winning 6/8 is doing just that. He can't undo that narrative until next month. It's a complete straw man.

Bailey and Cain are “reliable shooters”?!?  What, ever 4th or 5th game?  I love Bailey and still believe he holds great promise and will be consistent someday, but he’s clearly not “reliable’” in any way, shape, or form yet.

You throw all your season total rankings out there, but it’s dishonest to talk season results thus far under Wojo?? Got it, thanks.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »
Your first point, Morant still had like 28. Rest of their guys were nothing to fear athletically or anything else. We had the personnel to shut every other guy down. So, no.

Your second point, OMG.

Why is it hard to accept our coach is young and still learning, other more experienced coaches are better AND also not coming to MU...ever.  So I’d rather ride this guy as he improves than start over every five years.

Now back to Nova, in the first half we missed plenty of wide open shots which the offense was able to scheme to get those looks.  Are you denying this?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
Your first point, Morant still had like 28. Rest of their guys were nothing to fear athletically or anything else.  Rest we’re all mid major guys, nothing more.  We had the personnel to shut every other guy down. So, no.

Your second point, OMG.

Actually, with the 2 quitters on the floor, we absolutely did not have the personnel to shut them down. We had the slower, less athletic players.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2020, 01:13:04 PM »
Duane Wilson: Repeatedly Injured
Cohen: Recruited Over
Cheatham: Actually improved from year 1 to year 2 before being recruited over
Morrow: Repeatedly Injured

"Recruited over," now becomes the term for guys regressing from Year 1, 2 and 3. 

"Repeatedly Injured," yet didn't miss any games due to injury while Wojo was coaching.

Perhaps we should add:
Deonte Burton:  Recruited Over (by Sandy Cohen), who then was recruited over by whom?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2020, 01:14:11 PM »
Bailey and Cain are “reliable shooters”?!?  What, ever 4th or 5th game?  I love Bailey and still believe he holds great promise and will be consistent someday, but he’s clearly not “reliable’” in any way, shape, or form yet.

You throw all your season total rankings out there, but it’s dishonest to talk season results thus far under Wojo?? Got it, thanks.

40% 3 point shooters are unreliable shooters. Got it.

Can’t argue with cluelessness.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2020, 01:18:35 PM »
Why is it hard to accept our coach is young and still learning, other more experienced coaches are better AND also not coming to MU...ever.  So I’d rather ride this guy as he improves than start over every five years.

Now back to Nova, in the first half we missed plenty of wide open shots which the offense was able to scheme to get those looks.  Are you denying this?

Yes, we all know you’re the official Wojo defender here, no matter how pathetic it sounds. How to explain Buzz and Crean’s success here then?  Wojo was 38 when he took the job. Crean was 32, Buzz was 36.  I could go on, but why bother.

Yes, they missed plenty of open looks. Really keen insight to point that out, thanks. So maybe get your guys doing other things as mentioned- motion, cutting, ball movement; all that were absent and have your system quickly adjust accordingly before game gets away as it did.  Nova was running smoothly and efficiently in the meantime. But then again, Wright is older and more experienced.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2020, 01:21:10 PM »
I like Jamal Cain a lot and hope he goes on a heater that forces more playing time.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
40% 3 point shooters are unreliable shooters. Got it.

Can’t argue with cluelessness.

Bailey’s  zero Wednesday is the very definition of reliable. That preceded by scoring tallies of 16, 2,8, 14 in his last 5 games.

Won’t even bother with Cain’s reliable production.  Too easy.

Great point to wrap your post though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 01:24:52 PM by HutchwasClutch »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »
Yes, we all know you’re the official Wojo defender here, no matter how pathetic it sounds. How to explain Buzz and Crean’s success here then?  Wojo was 38 when he took the job. Crean was 32, Buzz was 36.  I could go on, but why bother.

Yes, they missed plenty of open looks. Really keen insight to point that out, thanks. So maybe get your guys doing other things as mentioned- motion, cutting, ball movement; all that were absent and have your system quickly adjust accordingly before game gets away as it did.  Nova was running smoothly and efficiently in the meantime. But then again, Wright is older and more experienced.

I wonder what you thought about Jay Wright when MU was humming along smoothly and Nova couldn’t score when they played at Marquette. Jay sucks. No offensive system.

Just hilarious you look at one half of basketball and say, “Well the great offensive rankings (a year long look at the offense vs. a single half look at the offense...) have netted us no March wins so throw those out the window. Our offense sucked at Nova, thus Wojo’s offense has never had an identity or system.”

Good stuff.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2020, 01:26:17 PM »
Bailey’s  zero Wednesday is the very definition of reliable. That preceded by scoring tallies of 16, 2,8, 14 in his last 5 games.

Won’t even bother with Cain’s reliable production.  Too easy.

Great point to wrap your post though.

So again ignore the year long numbers and zero in on a single game performance. Outstanding stuff here.

Find me a single player in the entire country that is a “reliable” shooter then. They better be over 40% 3 point shooting in every single game. Otherwise how in the world can you call them reliable?!

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »
So again ignore the year long numbers and zero in on a single game performance. Outstanding stuff here.

Find me a single player in the entire country that is a “reliable” shooter then. They better be over 40% 3 point shooting in every single game. Otherwise how in the world can you call them reliable?!

Yes, my response was limited to Wednesday night. 

As you profoundly stated before...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2020, 01:27:51 PM »

What specifically, RIGHT NOW, can do do to change the "no wins in March" straw man you present. If the answer is nothing (spoiler alert: it is) you are making a dishonest straw man argument.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »
"Recruited over," now becomes the term for guys regressing from Year 1, 2 and 3. 

"Repeatedly Injured," yet didn't miss any games due to injury while Wojo was coaching.

Perhaps we should add:
Deonte Burton:  Recruited Over (by Sandy Cohen), who then was recruited over by whom?
Sandy was definitely recruited over; I liked Sandy, but there was a reason he transferred down to a mid-major.

Likewise, Duane (and Traci) saw that they were not going to be starters and transferred elsewhere to get more playing time.  Sadly Duane got injured again and Traci couldn't really find success even at a low major--I don't think you can rationally blame those on Wojo.

I wish Cheatham would have stayed, but he too transferred to lesser programs and didn't show noticeable improvement.  Too bad, after his freshman year I thought Haanif was going to something special.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.