Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cruella Pavill(ion)  (Read 14701 times)

seakm4

• Team Captain
Re: Cruella Pavill(ion)
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »
A 1pt loss on the road to the #15 team will not hurt our NET, and shouldn't hurt our seeding too much.  Loved the fight.  Being down 18(?) In the 2nd half, 10 with 2 minutes left and to make it a game was one hell of an effort.  I hated the final result, but games like this will make the team stronger in March.

I also made a deal with the wife that if we can watch the game we could watch "this is us" after and now she's asleep.  I at least got 1 win tonight.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 09:58:09 PM »
Game thread a cesspool as usual. We truly have some piece of sh*t "fans".

Many years ago, the game thread was a good time.  Now it is Wojo haters, Markus haters, the usual ref conspiracy (half the thread) and has progressed to posters calling out each other as nasty as it gets.  Shame it has come to that.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »
Markus barely jogging up the court down 3 there was weird. Gave nova guys so much time to read the situation and react to jay and the crowd screaming foul. Had he sprinted up the court perhaps nova guys don't react in time and we get a look from 3. Oh well good game. Cant complain. No weekend game sux

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 09:58:48 PM »
Didn’t expect a win tonight, was pleasantly surprised at how close the game was and the fight MU showed.  Really good second half from Cain.  Markus played tight for most of the game, but found his rhythm at the end.  Wonder if the NBA scouts in attendance had anything to do with that.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:06 PM »
Add another no idea what to do in end of game situations.  By a senior none the less.

?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:56 PM »
I thought the dagger was the Gillespie three with two minutes left.

MU was down 7 at that point, shot clock was under ten, and he hit a three from about four feet behind the line.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:21 PM »
Why some people get confused by fans expressing frustration during and after losses continues to blow my mind. If the game thread hurts your feelings, just stay away. It's that simple.

I'm offended by stupidity and it's overflowing with it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
Didn’t expect a win tonight, was pleasantly surprised at how close the game was and the fight MU showed.  Really good second half from Cain.  Markus played tight for most of the game, but found his rhythm at the end.  Wonder if the NBA scouts in attendance had anything to do with that.
Nova's defense had everything to do with that.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 10:01:10 PM »
Tower #6 says it all.  MU gave away the game.  They are better than Villanova and blew it. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 10:02:19 PM »
Many years ago, the game thread was a good time.  Now it is Wojo haters, Markus haters, the usual ref conspiracy (half the thread) and has progressed to posters calling out each other as nasty as it gets.  Shame it has come to that.

Many have moved to the Gameday Chat.

And FWIW, we're fans too - so too busy watching to moderate that thread much.  If someone is especially out of line, we'll take care of it afterward, bust most of it is head of the moment stuff.  Most people seem to treat it as a write only thread (just throwing out their frustrations).

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2020, 10:02:34 PM »
I thought the dagger was the Gillespie three with two minutes left.
I'll ask again: was the travel call on Koby that lead to that three a travel?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2020, 10:02:52 PM »
Hate the result but bravo on the thread title, Tower.

Game thread a cesspool as usual. We truly have some piece of sh*t "fans".

Is it getting worse? It feels like it's getting worse, both on Scoop and twitter.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:26 PM »
Ranked team, on the road, fought back from 14 down, one point loss? 

This was the best loss in years.   

I went back 3 seasons .. we've never had such a nice loss. 

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:16 PM »
Nova's defense had everything to do with that.

Agreed good defense on Markus but the other player had open looks.  Also, Markus got hammered multiple times as well and no foul call.  That helps defense immensely when you can molest a player and not get called for it. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:35 PM »
Many have moved to the Gameday Chat.

And FWIW, we're fans too - so too busy watching to moderate that thread much.  If someone is especially out of line, we'll take care of it afterward, bust most of it is head of the moment stuff.  Most people seem to treat it as a write only thread (just throwing out their frustrations).

Hey let’s not advertise this. 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:54 PM »

I thought it was a very quick call. I think guys need to learn to bounce the ball as they are going down and then it never gets called. Falling down holding it is usually called a travel.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 10:06:21 PM »
Major ups to Jamal for his play tonight. I think that kid is really going to take his game to the next level as a senior; you can sense the confidence is building.

I honestly don't get the love for Jamal from so many Scoopers. He's played about 85 games for MU and has averaged about 4 points per game in that span. He's now had just 3 games scoring in double digits this season. He's played a decent amount too, 15 mpg in his career and about 19 mpg this year, but he's still not producing much.

Outside of improving his rebounding, what gives you the impression that he's poised for a breakout senior year?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 10:06:44 PM »
Bailey did not have a pleasant evening, did not make a shot.  Cain took up his slack, but not enough.

Elliott has to put on some muscle.  Swider and Gilispie (twice), backed Elliott in the paint and took short shots right over him, while the other NOVA players spread the floor.  Six points there and way too easy. 

Robinson-Earl is smooth and he has a face to the basket shot for a bigman, something that MU has not had for many years.  Maybe Garcia has that shot.

Markus wearing that mask has to be bothering him, with two sub par games in a row.  Hopefully a week of rest gets it back to form. 

NOVA is definitely beatable in the BE tournament this year. They get in foul trouble and they are in trouble. 

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:23 PM »
Tower #6 says it all.  MU gave away the game.  They are better than Villanova and blew it.
Gave it away? Villanova outplayed them for almost the entire game.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »
Yes. 

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »
Gave it away? Villanova outplayed them for almost the entire game.

Yeah, MU did not play well the first 28 minutes of the game.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 10:10:44 PM »
Markus wearing that mask has to be bothering him, with two sub par games in a row.  Hopefully a week of rest gets it back to form. 

He put up 30 in the first game with the mask. Then he played against 2 ranked opponents and had below average numbers. I'm guessing it was more about the defenses he faced than the mask on his face these last 2 games.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »

NOVA is definitely beatable in the BE tournament this year. They get in foul trouble and they are in trouble.

Definitely beatable.  By MU especially. Good matchup for us.  Look forward to it.

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2020, 10:11:44 PM »
Don't quite understand the "love the fight" crew.  That was a poorly played game.  So many dumb plays by juniors and seniors.  If upper classman can't figure it out, we have no hope. 

Nova was in control of that game from the first TV timeout to the final buzzer.  MU never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead.  1 point loss makes it sound like that game was competitive.  It wasn't. 

This game is symptomatic if the Wojo/Markus era. Have played well for a few games, great opportunity to make some noise nationally.....and crap the bed. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:33 PM »
The mask looked different to me tonight.  Like it was pushing down (vertically) on his face.  Looked really uncomfortable to me