[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bailey improvement from year 1 to 2  (Read 5698 times)

MuMark

• All American
Bailey improvement from year 1 to 2
« on: February 10, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:32:12 AM by mu_hilltopper »

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: Bailey improvement from year 1 to 2
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 06:39:10 AM »
Big jump Frosh to Soph.  Did anyone else notice that, with the exception of Butler and a couple of cupcakes,  that BB's best offensive games were in losses?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 07:13:10 AM »
He still defers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »
He still defers.

Eye test, but he seems to be demanding the ball more on open 3s. Needs more of a dribble drive still, but has done less deferring as of late
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
Brendan has improved a lot this year.  I didn't see it coming, as I didn't see a lot in his game last year.

I don't see him being an "all-time great" at MU, but he's rounding into a nice complementary player, playing well off of all of the attention thrown at Markus.  Confidence is growing.

He's a good spot up 3 point shooter, and showing some ability to drive to mid-range and hit pull up jumper.  However, his dribble drive game is definitely an area for improvement, which would help his FT rate.   Defense has been really good.  He'll be 23.5 years old next year, and will need to once again be an improved player for MU to have another successful season.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 08:37:07 AM »
Credit where credit is due.

I couldn’t stand Bailey last year. So many poor shots and some overall bad decision making.

His shot selection has improved this year and he is making more of them. Also a factor on the glass. Big improvement, and so good to see.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 08:41:31 AM »
When Brendan is aggressive and confident, he is very good. The improvement is common from Frosh to Soph, but it is also common with some players who go on a two year Mormon Mission and return to hoop.

I like Brendan's shot better this season, not missing long as frewuently, getting underneath the ball more often. If Brendan can keep shooting with confidence, finishing at the rim, to go along with his rebounding and defense, he will be a big factor and help moving forward.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:43:41 AM by shoothoops »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »
Definitely should red shirt. Hasn't had enough time off from the game yet.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 08:49:26 AM »
While it has not been a straight line, Brendan has been a different ballplayer following the sequence when wimped out at the rim followed a game or two later when he dunked on the same play with authority.  I can almost hear the phone call from Thurl between those two.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »
but wojo doesn't develop players

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 09:01:25 AM »
Brendan has improved a lot this year.  I didn't see it coming, as I didn't see a lot in his game last year.

I don't see him being an "all-time great" at MU, but he's rounding into a nice complementary player, playing well off of all of the attention thrown at Markus.  Confidence is growing.

He's a good spot up 3 point shooter, and showing some ability to drive to mid-range and hit pull up jumper.  However, his dribble drive game is definitely an area for improvement, which would help his FT rate.   Defense has been really good.  He'll be 23.5 years old next year, and will need to once again be an improved player for MU to have another successful season.
I agree with this analysis
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
While it has not been a straight line, Brendan has been a different ballplayer following the sequence when wimped out at the rim followed a game or two later when he dunked on the same play with authority.  I can almost hear the phone call from Thurl between those two.

Excellent point, glow!

80 Scoopers DID see it coming.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59053.0;all

And those were just the folks who voted in the poll. I'm sure there were many, many others.

Bailey's PT increased near the end of his freshman season because unlike Pouty McPouterson, he could play some defense. So it wasn't that big a leap to think that with him getting much of the PT that Pouty had received, he would improve a lot.

And hell, he probably would have improved even more if only it weren't for ...

but wojo doesn't develop players

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 09:35:50 AM »
Excellent point, glow!

And those were just the folks who voted in the poll. I'm sure there were many, many others.

Bailey's PT increased near the end of his freshman season because unlike Pouty McPouterson, he could play some defense. So it wasn't that big a leap to think that with him getting much of the PT that Pouty had received, he would improve a lot.

Who knew? The Scoop Intelligencia was right.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 09:37:21 AM »
I think he will be our leading scorer next year and may even start appearing on 2nd round draft boards.  He has the size and the shot.  Needs to show more aggressiveness.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 09:42:41 AM »
I was excited about his upside after last season and very happy to see it happen. To me, he is athletic, a true basketball player and knows the game. Looking forward to further improvement during his career at MU.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:39 AM »
I think he will be our leading scorer next year and may even start appearing on 2nd round draft boards.  He has the size and the shot.  Needs to show more aggressiveness.

Averaging 8 points and 5.7 rebounds, I do not see him yet on any NBA boards.  Long way to go, needs to improve to 14 and 6, then lets talk about the NBA.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
Averaging 8 points and 5.7 rebounds, I do not see him yet on any NBA boards.  Long way to go, needs to improve to 14 and 6, then lets talk about the NBA.

After Juan getting on the Warriors anything's possible
Maigh Eo for Sam

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 10:08:54 AM »
Excellent point, glow!

No offense to Brendan, but he wasn't very good last year - to vote on "improvement" as it related to options in that poll - really only Cain and Bailey were viable options. 

What has surprised me is how much better he's been this year.  Likely a function of now being 18 months removed from mission, and in program, along with being nearly 22.6 years old.  For context Cain is 20.8 years old.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:30 AM »
No offense to Brendan, but he wasn't very good last year - to vote on "improvement" as it related to options in that poll - really only Cain and Bailey were viable options. 

What has surprised me is how much better he's been this year.  Likely a function of now being 18 months removed from mission, and in program, along with being nearly 22.6 years old.  For context Cain is 20.8 years old.

What person keeps that close of track on age that they're 22.6 and 20.8 years old. That's like when kids say "I'm 5 and a half!"
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »
My thoughts exactly.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »

Frozen A to the Bulls...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 10:29:23 AM »

That's why I said next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »

Attaboy, Ners. Way to not give anybody else credit for being right while arguing you were justified for being wrong.

I bet you've been doing that since you were 8.24057739 years old!

Also, way to make sure Wojo and his assistants get little to no credit for Bailey's improvement.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »
The most encouraging thing I saw from BB last year was the thing most seemed to dislike about him; he was always ready to shoot. I thought it showed a great deal of confidence which every great player must have. I love his all around game and I think he can be the best two way player on the roster.
No Finish Line

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »

Just don't see him being the leading scorer. 13/16.5 to 14.5/18 usage/%shots frosh & soph year, with 64%+ mins this year... wouldn't mind see the %Shots up to 22%ish... but is it reasonable to expect that?.. and does that even get you there? ehh, stretch.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback