[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by MU82
[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Vote. Senior class award NCAA hoops  (Read 6457 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Vote. Senior class award NCAA hoops
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2020, 11:57:30 AM »
Just voted 10 times...took 2 min
That is slower than.your posting speed on Scoop. Slacker

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
I'm now having to play chess with Google between every vote.

Yeah...those are getting a little ridiculous.  I'm not entirely sure their definition of "bicycle" is the same as mine.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2020, 02:58:09 PM »
MarKus back in second. By .2%

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2020, 04:05:02 PM »
TIE ! ! ! Lets keeps it going ! ! !    8-)

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »
Those pesky Aggie fans.  We stole the  "I believe that we will win." cheer from them, we knocked them out of the NCAA tourney, and now we need to deliver the Senior Class Award to Markus.

Markus has given us a ton of great moments, let's get this for him.

Come on Scoop - let's go! 

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/mens_basketball_2019-20/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:45:07 PM by 94Warrior »

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2020, 06:15:19 PM »
Markus re-took the lead, but this is no time to slow down.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:20:35 PM by 94Warrior »

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2020, 10:15:21 PM »
Late night bump

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2020, 10:40:14 PM »
I put in some work. Go Markus.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 11:44:50 PM »
Got him up to 28%

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 05:35:20 AM »
Threw in a pity vote for Myles as well, even though his P.R. team needs to do a better job of writing his player bio on the Senior CLASS award site.

Myles:Character
Powell has the biggest heart of anyone that we know. Even though he is fierce on the court, Powell is friendly, warm, and caring off the court. He treats everyone that he encounters like family. He often takes pictures with fans after running into them in public or after games. In one team autograph session that ran longer than anticipated, he took a photo with every fan who asked for one, despite it meaning he had to stay longer. He has always said that he has a responsibility to be a role model for people that look up to him. He often gives his sneakers to fans after home wins, including once seeking out a specific fan in the stands who was battling an illness and had visited the locker room before the game. As captain of the Pirates, Myles has the respect of the locker room and everyone follows his lead. He is always giving his best effort in practice and spending extra time in the gym to get better.

Markus:Character
Howard is a member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Oversight Committee, one of only two student-athletes in the nation. Howard, along with another student-athlete, recently founded the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) chapter on campus. Howard has also been a vocal leader in the area of mental health awareness, opening up about the struggles many student-athletes endure when balancing the stresses of academics and competition. Howard was also invited to the 2019 NCAA Elite Athlete Symposium and has served as co-captain of the team.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 05:38:13 AM by lawdog77 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 06:36:27 AM »
Threw in a pity vote for Myles as well, even though his P.R. team needs to do a better job of writing his player bio on the Senior CLASS award site.

Powell has the biggest heart of anyone that we know. Even though he is fierce on the court, Powell is friendly, warm, and caring off the court. He treats everyone that he encounters like family. He often takes pictures with fans after running into them in public or after games. In one team autograph session that ran longer than anticipated, he took a photo with every fan who asked for one, despite it meaning he had to stay longer. He has always said that he has a responsibility to be a role model for people that look up to him. He often gives his sneakers to fans after home wins, including once seeking out a specific fan in the stands who was battling an illness and had visited the locker room before the game. As captain of the Pirates, Myles has the respect of the locker room and everyone follows his lead. He is always giving his best effort in practice and spending extra time in the gym to get better.

Howard is a member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Oversight Committee, one of only two student-athletes in the nation. Howard, along with another student-athlete, recently founded the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) chapter on campus. Howard has also been a vocal leader in the area of mental health awareness, opening up about the struggles many student-athletes endure when balancing the stresses of academics and competition. Howard was also invited to the 2019 NCAA Elite Athlete Symposium and has served as co-captain of the team.

AKA “Powell does nothing beyond basketball.” Which is completely fine. He just doesn’t deserve this award.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 08:05:32 AM »
I put in some work. Go Markus.

I just put in another half hour with 70 votes and yet we lost .2 pct points.
These Aggies are tough! Cmon, Scoop.

MOBILIZE!!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 08:48:29 AM »
Let's keep it going ! ! !  Markus back in the lead ! ! !   Time to build on this lead ! ! !    8-)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
Let's keep it going ! ! !  Markus back in the lead ! ! !   Time to build on this lead ! ! !    8-)

Aggie fans just waking up

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2020, 09:30:06 AM »
As someone who has voted way more times than is reasonable, I have two comments:

1) Voting is open until March 23?!  Yeah...I'm not going to keep doing this.
2) Fan voting only counts for 1/3 of the final result?!  Yeah...I'm not going to keep doing this.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:32:24 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2020, 10:25:40 PM »
What the heck just happened?

The BYU kid came from last place to get 30% of the vote.  Either there's a pair of bots voting at Utah St and BYU, or the whole state of Utah is voting.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2020, 10:56:21 PM »

Not something to be proud about or promote.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
Lock it up!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2020, 11:08:14 PM »

The BYU kid came from last place to get 30% of the vote.  Either there's a pair of bots voting at Utah St and BYU, or the whole state of Utah is voting.

Somethings not right here. No way that happened by legitimate voting. That would have required around over 10k votes for the BYU kid.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 11:53:12 PM »

And a lot of them are voting for both the BYU and Utah State kid.  Maybe we should throw a vote or two Myles way to support the Big East.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 01:42:01 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 02:04:15 AM »
Somethings not right here. No way that happened by legitimate voting. That would have required around over 10k votes for the BYU kid.

Never underestimate the BYU fanbase. Arguably the most national fanbase in the country.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback