[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Podcast Recommendations?  (Read 2941 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Big East Podcast Recommendations?
« on: February 07, 2020, 08:22:13 AM »
I know we've got Real Chilly, Scrambled Eggs and that non podcast John Dodds was doing but are there any podcasts for the whole conference? Any Big East centered episodes from national guys?
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu.n8ball

• Starter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Big East Podcast Recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:14:28 AM »
None that I like. The hosts on This Week in the Big East feel like they're podcasting to an audience from 1988. Big East Coast Bias was good, but Rob & Chris are more interested tweeting about WWE than podding about basketball.

Each program I believe has pods. Casual Hoyas, Banter on the Parkway (Xavier), VU Hoops, etc, but I haven't found a league wide pod I really enjoy since BECB went on hiatus.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 10:17:53 AM »
Anonymous Eagle is another good Marquette b-ball podcast.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 10:50:28 AM »
Anonymous Eagle is another good Marquette b-ball podcast.

Didn't know they had one. Whoever runs their twitter used to be a bit of a jerk so I stopped going to the site. Long time since I deleted twitter so unsure if that's still the case
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 12:00:20 PM »
Didn't know they had one. Whoever runs their twitter used to be a bit of a jerk so I stopped going to the site. Long time since I deleted twitter so unsure if that's still the case

The Anonymous Eagle podcast is a good one.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »
None that I like. The hosts on This Week in the Big East feel like they're podcasting to an audience from 1988. Big East Coast Bias was good, but Rob & Chris are more interested tweeting about WWE than podding about basketball.

Each program I believe has pods. Casual Hoyas, Banter on the Parkway (Xavier), VU Hoops, etc, but I haven't found a league wide pod I really enjoy since BECB went on hiatus.

So, MU has all the best stat and pod sites for basketball.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 01:24:11 PM »
Not that they are Big East specific, but Rob Dauster's pod as well as Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander's have been talking a ton recently about Marquette and Markus and giving him praise.

There's a theory that Dauster is a closet MU fan as he has been singing our praises for a while now.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 01:26:10 PM »

Me: I graduated from MU in 1988 and am thus among the best audiences ever, and all podcasts should tailor their content and delivery towards us.

Brew: Ok, boomer.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »
Me: I graduated from MU in 1988 and am thus among the best audiences ever, and all podcasts should tailor their content and delivery towards us.

LOL  ;D ;D. It's more that it just doesn't feel modern. Instead of a podcast it feels just like it was taken from an old radio show. The hosts are very East Coast-centric and while they include the other schools, it doesn't feel like there's as much of a focus there (Kevin McNamara is a Providence beat writer, John Rooke is the play-by-play voice for the Friars).

They also favor sound effects heavily and are really suck-up-to-the-league in nature. I am sure that they are being paid by the conference, so that's probably by necessity, but if I'm looking for podcasts my expectations are higher. If they have a conversation focused on Marquette or an interview with one of our guys I'll listen, but I'd much rather they look to younger broadcasters. I think they would be better suited to have John Fanta as a permanent host with rotating guest hosts that focus on the various programs, like Ben Steele, Matt DiMarinis, or others of that generation.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »
LOL  ;D ;D. It's more that it just doesn't feel modern. Instead of a podcast it feels just like it was taken from an old radio show. The hosts are very East Coast-centric and while they include the other schools, it doesn't feel like there's as much of a focus there (Kevin McNamara is a Providence beat writer, John Rooke is the play-by-play voice for the Friars).

They also favor sound effects heavily and are really suck-up-to-the-league in nature. I am sure that they are being paid by the conference, so that's probably by necessity, but if I'm looking for podcasts my expectations are higher. If they have a conversation focused on Marquette or an interview with one of our guys I'll listen, but I'd much rather they look to younger broadcasters. I think they would be better suited to have John Fanta as a permanent host with rotating guest hosts that focus on the various programs, like Ben Steele, Matt DiMarinis, or others of that generation.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of the podcast, which I suppose explains why I chose to infer a personal attack on me and my age mates.  ;)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 01:47:51 PM »

The Dukiet Era doesn’t deserve a vote on basketball podcasting.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 02:08:57 PM »
I don’t disagree with your assessment of the podcast, which I suppose explains why I chose to infer a personal attack on me and my age mates.  ;)

No offense intended, was less about the age and more about it being from a different time. Sort of like how I loved Beavis & Butthead at the time, but now I watch it and it's basically one joke repeated ad nauseum. Some entertainment methods just don't age well, and the late 80s-early 90s dawn of sports talk is among that.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 03:13:50 PM »
Not that they are Big East specific, but Rob Dauster's pod as well as Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander's have been talking a ton recently about Marquette and Markus and giving him praise.

There's a theory that Dauster is a closet MU fan as he has been singing our praises for a while now.

Norlander and parish again talked about MU today. Both picked MU over Butler, and then put Markus in the top 3 (as they did last week) in their POY race, noting that they didn’t have him in more season or really until
Now bc they didn’t think MU would be as competitive as it has turned out to be.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »
Despite my comments about Inside the Big East, they had a good interview with Wojo today. Talked about Markus and had some nice quips and jokes. He definitely sounds more comfortable in those interviews than a few years ago.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 09:49:09 PM »
The Dukiet Era doesn’t deserve a vote on basketball podcasting.

I proudly wear the scars of suffering through the lowest point(s) of MU basketball since the arrival of Al. Indeed, it informs my patience for Wojo’s growth, as I see potential in ways that rarely existed in my MU years.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 09:49:45 PM »
No offense intended, was less about the age and more about it being from a different time. Sort of like how I loved Beavis & Butthead at the time, but now I watch it and it's basically one joke repeated ad nauseum. Some entertainment methods just don't age well, and the late 80s-early 90s dawn of sports talk is among that.

No offense taken. Promise.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 07:28:16 AM »
I proudly wear the scars of suffering through the lowest point(s) of MU basketball since the arrival of Al. Indeed, it informs my patience for Wojo’s growth, as I see potential in ways that rarely existed in my MU years.
Class of 1991 has the lowest winning percentage of any class since World War II.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 08:54:38 AM »
Class of 1991 has the lowest winning percentage of any class since World War II.

Thank you for your service.

Thank you for your service.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson