[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA investigations cont.  (Read 96106 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: NCAA investigations cont.
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2020, 04:16:01 PM »
Maybe for you or me or other fans. But I doubt this would make many (if any) recruits who had been hoping and dreaming to play for Duke decide to go elsewhere. And I doubt they'll be ESPN's featured game any less. And I doubt they will be invited to fewer prestigious in-season events. Etc, etc, etc.

Maybe recruits who aren't getting the same $$ go elsewhere?
Maigh Eo for Sam

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2020, 04:41:23 PM »
Maybe for you or me or other fans. But I doubt this would make many (if any) recruits who had been hoping and dreaming to play for Duke decide to go elsewhere. And I doubt they'll be ESPN's featured game any less. And I doubt they will be invited to fewer prestigious in-season events. Etc, etc, etc.
I think you're right. Kind of like ND football.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »
As far as the 100k goes, notice it says in April of 2019...is that even a problem since that is AFTER the season and his eligibility was up at that point anyway??

that is correct unless it was previously agreed upon transfer to be made once he decided to move on and no longer play college hoops.

For example, signing with an agent the day after the season is over is ok, but if you have a verbal agreement to do so prior to that day then you committed a violation.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »

Daniel Wallach

@WALLACHLEGAL
·
1h

NEW: Gina Ford’s attorneys send out new discovery requests seeking to connect Zion Williamson to broader NCAA bribery scandal by targeting communications between CAA and the following: Duke, Mike Krzyzewski, Nike, Adidas, Merl Code, Jeffrey Auerbach and Gary Franklin.

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/1260275214161674240?s=20
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2020, 04:53:58 PM »
Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
38s
Source: The NCAA Committee on infractions has requested that the Kansas NCAA infractions case be referred to the IARP independent review panel. This is the second SDNY case trending that way, as NC State is there. (As @ByPatForde
 reported.)

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »
Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
38s
Source: The NCAA Committee on infractions has requested that the Kansas NCAA infractions case be referred to the IARP independent review panel. This is the second SDNY case trending that way, as NC State is there. (As @ByPatForde
 reported.)

Anyone wager a guess why the infractions committee won't issue a ruling on their own?

How often does the buck get passed like this?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2020, 08:07:01 PM »
Anyone wager a guess why the infractions committee won't issue a ruling on their own?

This is a new committee that was formed within the last two years. They haven't heard a case yet, but sounds like NC State and Memphis will both be appearing in front of them as well.

You can read more about it here..

https://iarpcc.org/

One key thing about this committee is there is no appeals process. Their decision is final

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2020, 10:19:36 PM »
Let's not forget that NC State, Kansas,  etc. are part of the schools that make these rules for the NCAA.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »
Let's not forget that NC State, Kansas,  etc. are part of the schools that make these rules for the NCAA.

Yup, and the member schools ASKED for this committee because they wanted something "unbiased". So now you know what's going to happen?? The schools that have their cases heard in front of this committee are going to bitch because they can't appeal..so..they will sue instead.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2020, 11:28:32 PM »
Yup, and the member schools ASKED for this committee because they wanted something "unbiased". So now you know what's going to happen?? The schools that have their cases heard in front of this committee are going to bitch because they can't appeal..so..they will sue instead.
Right? What would a college degree be worth if the ethics of the academic side of these schools were the same as the athletic side?

As I've mentioned before, my friend and big booster of KU told me Self is guilty as charged. He and many KU boosters are ready to move on.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2020, 06:10:36 AM »
Right? What would a college degree be worth if the ethics of the academic side of these schools were the same as the athletic side?

As I've mentioned before, my friend and big booster of KU told me Self is guilty as charged. He and many KU boosters are ready to move on.

Of course on the Kansas board all they are talking about is sue, sue sue, disband the NCAA yadda yadda yadda..they think they are making an example of KU and how the NCAA never enforces penalties the same. Ummm, well let's see, first of all, let's say someone commits a robbery, does every single offender get the exact same sentence every time?? It doesn't matter that even IF KU had no knowledge of this going on(they did), Self can still get a show cause because the NCAA rule says even if A Coach doesn't know, he should know and he is responsible for everything that goes on in his program. It's ridiculous how much fan bases cry foul over this stuff and live in a world of denial...5 level 1 violations...and they expect to skate scott free?? It will be interesting to see how this independent committee rules on different cases...I know I sure wouldn't want to go in front of it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2020, 07:31:50 AM »

They can't figure out how to punish Mizzou, again.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »
NCAA is done unnatural carnal knowledgeing around...Ok St gets postseason ban

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1268938741944590336?s=20

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2020, 11:21:24 AM »

Cade Cunningham to MU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2020, 11:28:30 AM »

Should’ve been a year from now. This punishes the kids in the program now who had nothing to do with this. Announce their ban for the 2022 postseason and let kids leave between now and the start of the 21-22 season with no sit out year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2020, 11:37:01 AM »
Should’ve been a year from now. This punishes the kids in the program now who had nothing to do with this. Announce their ban for the 2022 postseason and let kids leave between now and the start of the 21-22 season with no sit out year.

They can leave now and wouldn't have to sit a year..they would all be granted a waiver

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:39 PM »

Isn’t that always the argument that the kids today are punished for behavior on the past?  No good timelines to avoid that I can think of. 

Good to see NCAA punishing the cheaters. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2020, 01:01:25 PM »
Cade Cunningham to MU

I know that this is in teal, and that we wouldn't be involved if he became available, but since these sanctions have come in, would he be able to get a release from his LOI if he wanted?  Any chance he would just James Wiseman it since he's pretty much a lock for the lottery?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2020, 01:47:53 PM »
Maybe now players looking at Kansas, Arizona, and such for 2021 won’t believe the “Oh, its no big deal.” BS they’re hearing from those schools.

A year late for Nico, but Kendal Brown - come on down.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2020, 01:52:55 PM »

....and 3 years of reduced scholarships by 3.  10 year show cause for the coach involved. Coach did the same thing at South Carolina, too. So, whaz up, Gamecocks.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2020, 01:57:07 PM »
*Yawn*

Wake me when LSU, Arizona, Kansas, Auburn, etc get hit.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2020, 02:14:12 PM »
I know that this is in teal, and that we wouldn't be involved if he became available, but since these sanctions have come in, would he be able to get a release from his LOI if he wanted?  Any chance he would just James Wiseman it since he's pretty much a lock for the lottery?

1 - getting a release from whatever an "LOI" is wouldn't help MU since he'd have to be released from his NLI (National Letter of Intent). He just has to request to be released from his NLI.
2 - The G-League will be all over him so I would imagine he'll go that route.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2020, 02:16:37 PM »
1 - getting a release from whatever an "LOI" is wouldn't help MU since he'd have to be released from his NLI (National Letter of Intent). He just has to request to be released from his NLI.
2 - The G-League will be all over him so I would imagine he'll go that route.

Different nomenclature.  "LOI" was supposed to be "letter of Intent".  We're talking about the same thing.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2020, 02:18:36 PM »
*Yawn*

Oklahoma State has historically been a more powerful program than LSU or Auburn. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2020, 02:19:28 PM »
*Yawn*

and then when they get hammered you'll complain that others aren't sanctioned.