[Today at 12:47:11 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crean v Buzz Sat Feb 1  (Read 17211 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Crean v Buzz Sat Feb 1
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »
The real question is......If Buzz had Crean's 2003 team.....

Would he have one a National Championship.....

Let the discussion begin......

Me thinks.....Possibly......

Crean was so far over his head against Roy......

Not a chance.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »

Not enough JUCO players on the team for Bazz to win with.  While at Marquette, he wasn't overly successful in getting a ton out of his high school recruits.  He was great at finding JUCO players who came in and played tough, physical basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2020, 04:55:56 PM »
Not enough JUCO players on the team for Bazz to win with.  While at Marquette, he wasn't overly successful in getting a ton out of his high school recruits.  He was great at finding JUCO players who came in and played tough, physical basketball.

Pretty sure Buzz would have done just fine with D-Wade leading a team despite him not being a JUCO.  The whole narrative of Buzz could only win with JUCO’s is silly.

Believe Vander, Junior, Davante, Jamil, Otule all played key role on Elite 8 team?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2020, 04:58:20 PM »

Did you watch the 2011 Sweet 16 game?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2020, 05:06:47 PM »
I think Buzz would have had the team more prepared for Kansas, but they likely don’t win. That’s was a bad match up with their quickness. UAB showed that in the CUSA tournament.

I actually think they could have done well v Syracuse though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2020, 05:18:23 PM »
It’s not like Bazz’s teams only lost super competitive games in the Tournament. We were essentially uncompetitive in losses to UNC, Syracuse, and Florida.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
It’s not like Bazz’s teams only lost super competitive games in the Tournament. We were essentially uncompetitive in losses to UNC, Syracuse, and Florida.

Well. We finally can find something Buzz and Wojo have in common.  8-)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »

Were we talking about Wojo? I must’ve missed that or been in the wrong thread. My bad. Thought the discussion was weather Bazz would’ve coached the 03 team to a national title and/or had the team more prepared to play Kansas. Guess we were talking about Wojo vs. Bazz instead. I’ll hang up and listen to that discussion then. Apologies for interrupting it!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2020, 05:46:38 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
I think Buzz would have had the team more prepared for Kansas, but they likely don’t win. That’s was a bad match up with their quickness. UAB showed that in the CUSA tournament.

I actually think they could have done well v Syracuse though.

Maybe.
Then again, there were more than a few times Buzz's teams were ill-prepared for a tournament game.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2020, 08:38:37 PM »
Not enough JUCO players on the team for Bazz to win with.  While at Marquette, he wasn't overly successful in getting a ton out of his high school recruits. 

He won the Big East regular season championship (the old, best conference in the country Big East) and went to the Elite 8 without any judos - so there’s that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »

Buzz won 8 tournament games and lost games by 10 to an Elite 8 team and 18 and 19 to two final four teams.

Crean won 5 tournament games and lost by 12 to a round of 32 team by 30 something to a final four team.

Wojo has won zero tournament games and lost to a final four team by 20 and a round of 32 team by 19.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2020, 09:01:52 PM »
Buzz won 8 tournament games and lost games by 10 to an Elite 8 team and 18 and 19 to two final four teams.

Crean won 5 tournament games and lost by 12 to a round of 32 team by 30 something to a final four team.

Wojo has won zero tournament games and lost to a final four team by 20 and a round of 32 team by 19.

So what you’re telling me is that Buzz, like Crean, got blown out by teams that went to a Final Four?

I agree. Lol.

The question was would Bazz have coached the 03 to a National Title, no? That’s what I was responding to, anyway. Not sure what Wojo has to do with that. But my response had to do with the fact that maybe Bazz would’ve had them more prepared for Kansas than Crean did. But maybe he wouldn’t have, like he didn’t have them prepared for Florida, UNC, or Syracuse.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 09:04:26 PM by manesworld »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:26 PM »

The question was would Bazz have coached the 03 to a National Title, no? That’s what I was responding to, anyway.

Actually, I thought the question was would have MU acquitted themselves better against Kansas if Buzz was the coach rather than Crean.

You piped in with some BS about that team not having enough JUCOS, obviously forgetting that Buzz’s best team didn’t have any on its roster.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2020, 09:15:30 PM »
Actually, I thought the question was would have MU acquitted themselves better against Kansas if Buzz was the coach rather than Crean.

You piped in with some BS about that team not having enough JUCOS, obviously forgetting that Buzz’s best team didn’t have any on its roster.

Ah. Okay. Got it. So...Bazz, like Crean that game, had teams totally unprepared in NCAA Tournament losses.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2020, 09:43:33 PM »
Ah. Okay. Got it. So...Bazz, like Crean that game, had teams totally unprepared in NCAA Tournament losses.

Ah. Okay. Got it. So...when you said Buzz needed Jucos to win you were dead factually wrong since he had his best season without any on the roster. Thanks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2020, 10:04:11 PM »
Ah. Okay. Got it. So...when you said Buzz needed Jucos to win you were dead factually wrong since he had his best season without any on the roster. Thanks.

Sure! Somebody can’t take a bit of sarcasm.

But I do enjoy you playing the roll for Bazz that Cheeks plays for Tom.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2020, 10:33:46 PM »

I think its a stupid argument and am projo but the 3 games u mentioned were deep into the tournament
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2020, 10:39:46 PM »
Sure! Somebody can’t take a bit of sarcasm.

LOL. Incapable of admitting you were wrong. Nothing new here.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2020, 07:18:55 AM »
LOL. Incapable of admitting you were wrong. Nothing new here.

I am? Check my post history. Within the last 5 or so posts I admitted I was wrong.

I’ll apologize for your inability to not get worked up over some sarcasm, though.

Now will you do the same? Bet not!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:20:56 AM by manesworld »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2020, 08:21:46 AM »

How can you use "elite 8" and "final four team" to qualify the loss when they got to those because of the win over us. It's like saying "al lost to a championship nc state team" it makes sense in the early rounds where a team can catch you off guard Because they're hot (South Carolina) but not when they became a final four team because they beat you in the elite 8
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2020, 09:38:01 AM »

I’ll apologize for your inability to not get worked up over some sarcasm, though.

Now will you do the same? Bet not!

No problem. I’ll apologize for your inability to after the fact make a declarative statement seem like intended sarcasm.

So we’re good. How much did we bet?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »
How can you use "elite 8" and "final four team" to qualify the loss when they got to those because of the win over us. It's like saying "al lost to a championship nc state team" it makes sense in the early rounds where a team can catch you off guard Because they're hot (South Carolina) but not when they became a final four team because they beat you in the elite 8

Galway

I think when you’re routed the quality of the team that routed you is a mitigating factor.

I honestly don’t know what your point is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »

It's gotten to the point they're nitpicking over the quality of the rout.

feedback