Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koby doing the mamba mentality  (Read 13927 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: Koby doing the mamba mentality
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 10:47:41 PM »
Elbow to Markus completely random.
Call on Sacar, bad.
To say that Jamal was no factor is to ignore 9 bounds.
I'm sick of hearing (from the statmasters ) that FT's no matta. 25-11 in double OT???
Symir didn't get burned too badly on D but had a Horrible TO. But he'll bge a good one.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:16 PM »
After about 18 minutes of ugly in the second half, it was awesome to see our older guys step up in the final 12 minutes of the game. If we can get the same kind of spark out of Koby and Sacar that we saw tonight when Markus is on the floor too... man, that would be a big time offense.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 10:49:31 PM »
Can't even imagine the X board, no Markus for almost 20 min and you still lose.  Calls for Steeles jead have to be getting loud.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 10:50:39 PM »
After about 18 minutes of ugly in the second half, it was awesome to see our older guys step up in the final 12 minutes of the game. If we can get the same kind of spark out of Koby and Sacar that we saw tonight when Markus is on the floor too... man, that would be a big time offense.

Amen!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 10:51:17 PM »
Can't even imagine the X board, no Markus for almost 20 min and you still lose.  Calls for Steeles jead have to be getting loud.
More than 20 min

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 10:52:07 PM »
Their "Fire Travis" thread is 54 pages long
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
MU lost three of the four factors...the three who normally matter most. Guess which one they won?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 11:01:18 PM »
Great win. DePaul is a huge game Saturday. Then 8 days off before playing Butler at home again on a Sunday. Time to get some big crowds at the Fiserv and get on a roll.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 11:04:05 PM »
Great win. DePaul is a huge game Saturday. Then 8 days off before playing Butler at home again on a Sunday. Time to get some big crowds at the Fiserv and get on a roll.

Really hoping Markus isn't out for Saturday. We need to make sure we don't drop any "easy" games at home from here on out. Even if Greg is back, he's probably not going to be back to 100% just yet. I'd be more than a little nervous if we were down both guys.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 11:05:34 PM »
I'm guessing it's because Sacar reached in a little which led to the contact. On Markus'   shot to the face, the X guy was basically stationary and in position for the rebound. I think they should both be no calls, and the fact that Sacars was called a flagrant was awful, though.
This is correct.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 11:08:32 PM »
MU lost three of the four factors...the three who normally matter most. Guess which one they won?

FTs MATTA!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2020, 11:15:30 PM »
So proud of this team. This felt like an old school Big East battle and they took it on the chin and fought back. Sacar and Koby reached down and made it happen when they needed too. Jamal and Brendan made HUGE boards when we needed them the most. Toughness was on display, even when the calls were there.

Great win tonight. May count the same as any, but the heart was on display. Hope Markus is healthy and ready to rock on Saturday so we can try and add to this burgeoning win streak.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 11:29:34 PM »
I'm guessing it's because Sacar reached in a little which led to the contact. On Markus'   shot to the face, the X guy was basically stationary and in position for the rebound. I think they should both be no calls, and the fact that Sacars was called a flagrant was awful, though.

I mostly agree; I would have had no problem with a common foul on Sacar. He did reach in, and he did hit Scruggs in the face. Definitely should have been no foul on the Markus play IMHO -- basically, Markus went flying in there and fouled the guys elbow with his face.

Absolutely no way that should have been a flagrant on Sacar. A brutally bad call that could have decided the game. Thankfully, X believes ftsnomatta!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
I will pick that hill to die on.   

The elbow Markus took to the face in this game wasn't a foul.

The elbow he took in the Butler game was and should have been reviewed for a flagrant 1 or 2.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
I mostly agree; I would have had no problem with a common foul on Sacar. He did reach in, and he did hit Scruggs in the face. Definitely should have been no foul on the Markus play IMHO -- basically, Markus went flying in there and fouled the guys elbow with his face.

Absolutely no way that should have been a flagrant on Sacar. A brutally bad call that could have decided the game. Thankfully, X believes ftsnomatta!

Agreed. If that was a flagrant so was the elbow to Markus: meaning both were incidental at best and innocuous. Normal foul for Sacar though. Either way...didnt matter. Just happy for the win
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2020, 11:35:04 PM »
Not the most memorable play, but heck of a job by Koby to stick with that cutter at the end of the game.  Not sure if he would have had time to catch that pass and lay it in, but it would have been really easy to watch ball or lunge assuming the ballhandler was going to shoot.

Good call, MUB.

The cutter definitely had time to catch and put a shot up there. Great awareness by Koby to not just let him go. Koby is a smart defender, and a tough rebounder for a guard.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2020, 11:41:24 PM »
Don't forget Koby playing the entire second OT with 4 fouls, and we have no one on the bench to sub for him.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2020, 11:47:06 PM »
Anne Zizzo loves conference road wins, because...THEY. ARE. GOLD.

Beautiful

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2020, 11:54:36 PM »
ESPN just showed the highlights. SVP repeatedly referred to Koby as a "sharpshooter," a "great shooter," etc. Also called Goodin "Goodwin."

jesmu84

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2020, 03:02:29 AM »
How Sacar got called for a flagrant 1 and Carter didn't will always be a mystery to me. At very least it should have been a common foul which would have erased a three at the other end.

Part of the game plan was to leave Goodin open and dare him to shoot. It's the right call, but sometimes that means a guy goes off.

Theo needs to teach Symir what a foul in the Big East looks like.

When I golf, my best rounds are the ones where I'm barely thinking about it and just swinging the club. My worst are when I start thinking about what I need to do to make a shot. Koby plays basketball like I golf. Needs to play without thinking. Its usually a bad idea but I think it works for him.

There were 6 "toss up" games left on the schedule. I thought we needed to go 3-3 in those games. Now I think we need to go 2-3.

Get well soon Markus.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2020, 03:16:50 AM »
Zero update on markus? Bizzare

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2020, 03:36:51 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2020, 04:00:12 AM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2020, 06:22:27 AM »
Anim had a great game. He will be missed next year, as will Markus. Cain with 9 rebounds. Wonder where the scoring will come from next year.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback