[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kobe King  (Read 10519 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Kobe King
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »
Hetland resigned today. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 03:57:40 PM »
Hetland resigned today.

I look forward to Andy Katz’s apology with the same vigor as his initial comments.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
What's the old saying about smoke and fire?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
I look forward to Andy Katz’s apology with the same vigor as his initial comments.

He’ll praise the bold reaction of the athletic department
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 06:07:51 PM »
3 and 47’s sports guy (until next week) is an MU alum.

One of the Marotta girls just started at 27 for sports.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
What's the old saying about smoke and fire?

It's like white on rice?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »
Sit back and enjoy the destruction.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
Potrykus had an interesting tweet string. The coach admitted the mistake, apologized, and talked with the team. The interesting thing is that he had comments saying it was all good until Kobe King brought it up on his way out.

They are acting like King is out there shouting it from the rooftops. In reality, he just brought it up in an exit interview it sounds like. They are really working overtime to paint King in a bad light.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 10:15:31 PM »
Potrykus had an interesting tweet string. The coach admitted the mistake, apologized, and talked with the team. The interesting thing is that he had comments saying it was all good until Kobe King brought it up on his way out.

They are acting like King is out there shouting it from the rooftops. In reality, he just brought it up in an exit interview it sounds like. They are really working overtime to paint King in a bad light.

I’m sure they’ll say he actually couldn’t hack it academically and Bo cooled on him.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »

Even more interesting: King wasn’t present. The statement was to,d to him second hand. And, he waited a few weeks before deciding to quit. He’s just angling for a waiver. Sad all around.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2020, 09:50:09 AM »
I hope he gets the waiver.

Everybody should get a waiver from a stupid rule.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2020, 10:12:37 AM »
Even more interesting: King wasn’t present. The statement was to,d to him second hand. And, he waited a few weeks before deciding to quit. He’s just angling for a waiver. Sad all around.

Is there any evidence of that? We have no idea how it got brought up in the exit interview.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2020, 11:21:09 AM »
Is there any evidence of that? We have no idea how it got brought up in the exit interview.

Who needs evidence? Better to just shoot from the hip and make accusations.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »

King's own words. 

"Reached on his cell phone Thursday, King said he wasn’t present when Helland used the epithet in front of three walk-ons, but his teammates told him about it."
https://madison.com/wsj/sports/college/basketball/men/erik-helland-strength-and-conditioning-coach-for-badgers-men-s/article_f3685e76-d957-586e-98ae-3d9de88ee013.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »
King's own words. 

"Reached on his cell phone Thursday, King said he wasn’t present when Helland used the epithet in front of three walk-ons, but his teammates told him about it."
https://madison.com/wsj/sports/college/basketball/men/erik-helland-strength-and-conditioning-coach-for-badgers-men-s/article_f3685e76-d957-586e-98ae-3d9de88ee013.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

I meant the part this is solely due to him trying to get a waiver. We don’t know how this issue was brought up.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2020, 12:05:31 PM »
So we're comparing Kobe to Joey? Just one more kid using a bogus argument to get a waiver.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »
Can both threads on both boards for the same topic get equal responses?  Over / under?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2020, 04:43:08 PM »
Iuwah?

The Land That Can’t Count Straight

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2020, 04:46:19 PM »
Greg Gard is UW's Hank Raymonds.  A good guy who is a decent coach, but pales in comparison to his predecessor.  He's just not as good of a coach.

But even then, Bo won the most when he had top players.  He had two first round picks on his Final Four teams in addition to a solid PG and wing player.  He wasn't working magic with a bunch of nobodies those years.

Well said, Sultan.

I will relish watching their slide into mediocrity.

If Marquette hired Dukiet as a young Al McGuire does UW - Madison scour the massage parlors in college towns for the next Bo Ryan?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2020, 04:59:10 PM »
how brazen he and his lawyer were in painting Georgia as "racially hostile”

I heard they played Neil Young in the background as the lawyer painted the horrific image  of an antebellum nightmare as the young man sobbed heavily into his hands in the hope of deliverance to the Promised Land that is Columbus Ohio

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2020, 12:30:04 AM »
I’m sure they’ll say he actually couldn’t hack it academically and Bo cooled on him.

that would be like Udub's parting gift- kinda like a king size Mcnut punch 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2020, 03:00:24 AM »
The Land That Can’t Count Straight

Not the land.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2020, 03:01:08 AM »
Who needs evidence? Better to just shoot from the hip and make accusations.

Lol....except that he admits he wasn’t there.....talk about shooting from the hip.