collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1106008 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11450 on: October 01, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »
Sounds like we have a pill treatment now.  Amazing how fast the therapy/vaccines have moved. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/10/01/pill-to-treat-covid/

That's amazing news.  Except of course almost all people who are getting sick enough for hospitalization are not vaccinated.   If they won't take the shot safely given to 1.5 billion people, are they going to trust a drug that'll keep them from the hospital?

Likely not.

It's great news for people not infected with US politics, though, so a global winner.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:02:08 AM by mu_hilltopper »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11451 on: October 01, 2021, 07:58:59 AM »
But, when they belatedly ask for the vaccine, they can be given this pill which will improve their survival odds.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11452 on: October 01, 2021, 08:00:01 AM »
That's amazing news.  Except of course almost all people who are getting sick enough for hospitalization are not vaccinated.   If they won't take the shot safely given to 1.5 billion people, are they going to trust a drug that'll keep them from the hospital?

Likely not.

Depends who promotes it. Here in Florida they are lining up for an experimental 4 shot antibodies treatment…..because they don’t trust a proven vaccine. All because trump wannabe DeSantis says to take it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #11453 on: October 01, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »

Likely not.

It's great news for people not infected with US politics, though, so a global winner.

Well for some reason they love Mono-clonal anti-bodies in FL.  Maybe someone will try to make this cool too.

I really dont get it...it's a special kind of stubborn to put yourself in harms way for something so bankrupt as politics.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11454 on: October 01, 2021, 08:54:06 AM »

Likely not.

If Biden, with Fauci by his side, publicly questions the efficacy of the pill (wink, wink), the anti-vaxxers will be begging for it!

In other news ...

Kavanaugh has COVID-19. He's fully vaccinated, and he has no symptoms.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-amy-coney-barrett-courts-us-supreme-court-5c24ffb572dd34a8b24f226fc2211b7a

Sources say he caught it at Tobin's from either Squi or PJ.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11455 on: October 01, 2021, 09:30:31 AM »
No big deal then on Brett. Why is this news? That's the result of testing positive when double vaccinated. BFD, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11456 on: October 01, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
No big deal then on Brett. Why is this news? That's the result of testing positive when double vaccinated. BFD, aina?

It's news because it's a Supreme Court justice. And it's news because the next SCOTUS session begins Monday, and as of right now it's not certain how Kavanaugh and the court will be affected.

And BTW, it was the court that issued the press release. You apparently believe that news organizations should have just ignored it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11457 on: October 01, 2021, 03:24:57 PM »
Depends who promotes it. Here in Florida they are lining up for an experimental 4 shot antibodies treatment…..because they don’t trust a proven vaccine. All because trump wannabe DeSantis says to take it.

How do they justify this? It is just as science-y as getting a vaccine. Did desantis tell them it’s just a byproduct of cooking meth?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11458 on: October 01, 2021, 04:02:02 PM »
New one today.   Ran on an active COVID patient.  I asked if he was vaccinated and he swore at me.

He sure showed me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11459 on: October 01, 2021, 04:35:53 PM »
How do they justify this? It is just as science-y as getting a vaccine. Did desantis tell them it’s just a byproduct of cooking meth?
Look, they are willing to chance dying just to own the libs; science has nothing to do with it. If Biden and Fauci told them the antibodies were safe and proven effective and they should take them they'd run away screaming in the other direction.

The vaccine is being promoted by the evil liberals, they will do anything, including ingesting livestock de-wormer, to avoid taking it. People willing to die for absolutely no reason other than their TV told them to is brainwashing of the highest order. These dupes would know science from a séance.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11460 on: October 01, 2021, 11:25:58 PM »
Cause of death: Stupidity.

The United States surpassed 700,000 deaths from the coronavirus on Friday, a milestone that few experts had anticipated months ago when vaccines became widely available to the American public.

An overwhelming majority of Americans who have died in recent months, a period in which the country has offered broad access to shots, were unvaccinated. The United States has had one of the highest recent death rates of any country with an ample supply of vaccines.

The new and alarming surge of deaths this summer means that the coronavirus pandemic has become the deadliest in American history, overtaking the toll from the influenza pandemic of 1918 and 1919, which killed about 675,000 people.

“This Delta wave just rips through the unvaccinated,” said Howard Markel, a medical historian at the University of Michigan. The deaths that have followed the wide availability of vaccines, he added, are “absolutely needless.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/us/us-covid-deaths-700k.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20211001&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=70493&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #11461 on: October 03, 2021, 01:40:39 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11462 on: October 03, 2021, 01:52:46 AM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/09/30/2-visitors-california-arrested-uploading-fake-covid-test-results/

Oh Lazar, wouldn’t it have been easier just to go pay for a test?

Oh my god. Wtf. I love Lazar and genuinely feel he was mistreated by media compared to the ridiculous bs some other NBA players say but come on.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #11463 on: October 03, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/09/30/2-visitors-california-arrested-uploading-fake-covid-test-results/

Oh Lazar, wouldn’t it have been easier just to go pay for a test?

Sure sounds like the same Lazar we always knew.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #11464 on: October 03, 2021, 08:22:25 AM »
Sure sounds like the same Lazar we always knew.

Really?  WTH would that be.  I’d like to hear more. Because I’ve never heard anything that suggests he’s a slug of a person. Just the opposite. 

But I’ll keep an open mind what’s out there about him. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11465 on: October 03, 2021, 09:46:31 AM »
Really?  WTH would that be.  I’d like to hear more. Because I’ve never heard anything that suggests he’s a slug of a person. Just the opposite. 

He's a great guy, but he has always been sort of 'out there'.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11466 on: October 03, 2021, 10:43:39 AM »

He does his own research.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11467 on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:09 AM »
Example #8466 on how one's "personal choice" regarding the vaccine doesn't only affect him or her ...

From the NYT:

In Alaska’s Covid crisis, doctors must decide who lives and who dies.

Overloaded facilities in the lower 48 states are able to transfer patients to neighboring cities and states. In Anchorage, most of the help is 1,500 miles away in Seattle. As Alaska struggles with the nation’s worst Covid outbreak, doctors are rationing oxygen, treating patients in hallways and sometimes denying emergency surgery.

I guess these are the "death panels" that Alaska's former governor railed about.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11468 on: October 03, 2021, 04:42:52 PM »
Cause of death: Stupidity. Brainwashing.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #11469 on: October 03, 2021, 04:55:46 PM »

He sees dead people.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11470 on: October 04, 2021, 07:45:48 AM »
Interesting, encouraging piece by the NYT's David Leonhardt about COVID-19's 2-month cycle.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20211004&instance_id=41974&nl=the-morning&productCode=NN&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=70605&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2F1de5b57c-1efd-5bb4-8059-da425ee636aa&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Cases, hospitalizations and deaths have been slowly declining for the last several weeks, continuing a pattern of 2-month cycles for the virus.

That 76% of Americans are now vaccinated, that kids as young as 5 soon will be able to be vaccinated, and that a large percentage of the U.S. population already has been infected ... all that has some experts believing that this past 2-month cycle might have been the last because there are so many fewer potential hosts.

“Barring something unexpected,” Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former F.D.A. commissioner and the author of “Uncontrolled Spread,” a new book on Covid, told me, “I’m of the opinion that this is the last major wave of infection.”

That doesn't mean Covid is over; there will still be cases, many severe or deadly. Just that it finally could turn into something more like the flu. Unless, of course, there's a new variant on the horizon.

Then there was this sobering paragraph near the end:

Covid has not only been one of the worst pandemics in modern times. It has been an unnecessarily terrible pandemic. Of the more than 700,000 Americans who have died from it, nearly 200,000 probably could have been saved if they had chosen to take a vaccine. That is a national tragedy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11471 on: October 06, 2021, 09:38:33 PM »
  "Cases, hospitalizations and deaths have been slowly declining...?

weird those stations no one watches isn't running the covid death tracker on their screens anymore.  i'm sure he isn't aware of this but ice cream face just passed up orange jubilee with over 350k deaths and we've got 3 mos to go.  this with 3 vax's and fowski the "expert" at his side...hmmm...pass the rocky road with a side of crow, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11472 on: October 06, 2021, 09:43:21 PM »
Too much nitrous oxide causes brain damage.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11473 on: October 06, 2021, 10:18:41 PM »

weird those stations no one watches isn't running the covid death tracker on their screens anymore.  i'm sure he isn't aware of this but ice cream face just passed up orange jubilee with over 350k deaths and we've got 3 mos to go.  this with 3 vax's and fowski the "expert" at his side...hmmm...pass the rocky road with a side of crow, eyn'a?

If conspiracy-theory spewing dipshytes, dentists pushing every fake "cure" out there, and southern GOP governors weren't undermining the vaccine that your god fast-tracked, COVID-19 would be over now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11474 on: October 07, 2021, 05:21:18 AM »

This is really great work. I appreciate the addition of color and “ice cream face” is a classic insult.  Fowski is weak but you make up for it with using quotation marks around “expert”.

This would be a 10 out of 10 if you linked to some conspiracy sites or outdated and easily disproved data, so I can’t give you 10.  Still, 9 out of 10. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback