[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Painful to Loose but ...  (Read 2663 times)

Class71

• All American
Painful to Loose but ...
« on: January 25, 2020, 09:11:56 AM »
Coaching errors sure. Howard shooting too much, likely. Most painful loss, yes

Best game in Wojo era, absolutely.

This was a game where everyone have solid contributions. This was a game played by men. No one should hang their head low. This game was a major step forward in the team's development.

This team, our team, deserves our support and respect. They are playing as a serious competitor against top talent. They need to continue to play at this level while improving and March will be memorable.

⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: Painful to Loose but ...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »

This was a game where everyone have solid contributions. This was a game played by men. No one should hang their head low. This game was a major step forward in the team's development.

This team, our team, deserves our support and respect. They are playing as a serious competitor against top talent. They need to continue to play at this level while improving and March will be memorable.
Agree with all except best game in wojo era, not even close.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 09:17:28 AM »
Painful too loose or painful to lose, you can’t have both.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 09:19:38 AM »
Painful too loose or painful to lose, you can’t have both.

Fortunately I was not an english major.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
I agree with your general sentiment.  The game was an "Instant Classic."  Just unfortunate to be on the losing end of those, particularly when you have an 87% win probability with 2:30 left.

Wojo definitely could have coached better in-game, but the guys played really hard.  Other than Jayce/Markus, everyone played well and close to their ceiling/potential.  I kind of like this 8 man rotation.

Tough place to win, against a team with their backs against the wall. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:31:39 AM by Elonsmusk »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 09:28:30 AM »
Symir was poor.   Greg needs to heal.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 10:08:12 AM »
The best game of the Wojo era was the game at Providence last year (2/23).  A road win that was a total team effort and yes, another game where Howard wasn't hitting his shots but he did something surprising.  He stopped shooting, became a decoy and the rest of the team picked him up and the team won going away by 18.  Unfortunately, sitting at 23-4 and #11 in the country, the team fell off a cliff after this game last year and has been spiraling down since.  It wasn't the last game that Howard was off, but it was the last game that Markus decided (or Wojo told him, or maybe they both miraculously came to the same conclusion) to stop shooting the ball every time he got his hands on it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 10:36:23 AM »
Not the best game in the Wojo era IMO, but I was encouraged during the win streak and more so last night that the ceiling of "the supporting cast" is higher than I thought it was, and therefore the ceiling for the team is higher as well.  We played a very good team, a desperate team, on the road, and were in control of the game throughout.

Butler refused to go away, to their credit, but ever time they tightened up the game MU came back and reestablished the 4-8 point lead through good team play.  If they stick with that formula they can be a solid top 20 team IMO, particularly if Koby can stay out his own head.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »
Not the best game in the Wojo era IMO, but I was encouraged during the win streak and more so last night that the ceiling of "the supporting cast" is higher than I thought it was, and therefore the ceiling for the team is higher as well.  We played a very good team, a desperate team, on the road, and were in control of the game throughout.

Butler refused to go away, to their credit, but ever time they tightened up the game MU came back and reestablished the 4-8 point lead through good team play.  If they stick with that formula they can be a solid top 20 team IMO, particularly if Koby can stay out his own head.

Agree completely. I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone except Wojo and Markus looked poised and confident in the second half. Theo stepping up and drilling those two free throws was just huge. Sacar and Koby hitting all those threes. Brendan as well. Lot of encouraging signs.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »
The first have may have been one of Markus' best all around halfs of basketball. The second may have been one of his worst. Stuff happens, moving on to the next game.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:22:01 AM by lawdog77 »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 11:07:48 AM »
They are playing as a serious competitor against top talent.
Gee willikers!

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »
Symir was poor.   Greg needs to heal.

Completely agree on both. Kudos to Butler for immediately spreading the floor and taking advantage of Symir on D. Wojo had no choice but to pull him after he gave up consecutive buckets, the second on well-executed back door. He never saw the court again.

I saw tired legs out there last night. The guys sucked it up, but there were a few times it looked like guys were running on fumes. Greg would help with depth, his D and three pt shooting. Hope he can come back soon.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 04:05:29 PM »

Top talent. A team that had lost 3 straight and was down two starters. Nice spin.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 04:09:41 PM »
Gee willikers!

Boy oh boy, aren’t you excited to be competitive against Butler? What fun!
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »
Top talent. A team that had lost 3 straight and was down two starters. Nice spin.
Did you whine this much when you were a Marine?  Did you get your ass kicked frequently?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 04:23:57 PM »
Did you whine this much when you were a Marine?  Did you get your ass kicked frequently?
Did you ever have an original thought or does your MU degree prohibit that?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »
Did you ever have an original thought or does your MU degree prohibit that?
Whine whine whine.  Did you do this as a Marine, or did you take it up along with your burgers?