[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus' head?  (Read 12114 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Markus' head?
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:52:46 AM »

I know the only thing that matters is winning and losing, but has anyone heard how Markus is doing after taking that elbow to the head?

He didn't look right after that hit and actually looked pale and glassy eyed in some of the close-ups.

Did Wojo say anything in the post game presser??

If anyone has heard anything and would care to reply I would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:40:05 PM by mu_hilltopper »

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Nothing Important
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 10:09:13 AM »
I know the only thing that matters is winning and losing, but has anyone heard how Markus is doing after taking that elbow to the head?

He didn't look right after that hit and actually looked pale and glassy eyed in some of the close-ups.

I had the same thought. I was surprised when they came back to see he was going right back into the game. At minimum I thought he’d be out for a minute or two while they looked him over.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
He looked possibly concussed to me, but I’m not a doctor and didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night either.  Didn’t he miss a non con game with concussion symptoms?  The probability of successive concussions increases and can be more severe or need longer recovery.  Hoping he is ok.  He may have passed the tests on the bench immediately, but felt more effects as time went on.  Obviously, we will see. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:58:58 AM by Miss Katie’s »

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »
He looked concussed to me.  Didn’t he miss a non con game with concussion symptoms?  The probability of successive concussions increases and can be more severe or need longer recovery.  Hoping he is ok.

That's what I recalled which is why I was really concerned when he went down. No word from the team yet, so hopefully no news is good news.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 11:17:36 AM »
That's what I recalled which is why I was really concerned when he went down. No word from the team yet, so hopefully no news is good news.

The team is going to keep it hidden anyways if it truly is a concussion.  Why?  Because their medical staff severely screwed up by letting Howard play through it, if that is indeed the case.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »
The team is going to keep it hidden anyways if it truly is a concussion.  Why?  Because their medical staff severely screwed up by letting Howard play through it, if that is indeed the case.

Major red mark on Wojo if Howard is out Wednesday with a concussion. Also, if he wasn’t able to pass concussion protocol last time, why was he even at the game? It all seems very dumb and dangerous to me.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »

If he is truly concussed the team won't be able to hide it. He will have to sit the next game. If they put him out on the floor and he got severely injured I can't imagine the uproar that would ensue.

In the Butler game if Markus said he was okay to play, the team could probably get away with it, but after a day to assess him fully there would be no plausible deniability.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »
If he is truly concussed the team won't be able to hide it. He will have to sit the next game. If they put him out on the floor and he got severely injured I can't imagine the uproar that would ensue.

In the Butler game if Markus said he was okay to play, the team could probably get away with it, but after a day to assess him fully there would be no plausible deniability.
Wrong. The person who gets hit in the head doesn't get to decide. The team cant get away with that if they knew he was concussed and then putting him in because he said he was ok to play. What the hell are u thinking.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »

The protocol is in place precisely to prevent either the team or the player from saying “rub some dirt on it and get back out there.”
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
The protocol is in place precisely to prevent either the team or the player from saying “rub some dirt on it and get back out there.”

I guess what I'm saying is that you can't possibly do the same level testing court side that you can post game. I don't know what the actual protocol is to allow a player to continue but I would imagine it's fairly standard. Quick tests of sensitivity to light and sound, historical and situational awareness, etc.

All types of brain injuries are not the same and the onset of the negative effects can sometimes be delayed.

Regardless, Markus didn't look right after the elbow to the head.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 12:58:29 PM »

Ah yes...Mike Deane who has been wrong so many times is now rendering medical diagnosis from his couch.  Good Lord.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »
A lot of speculation going on here without an ounce of knowledge as to what happened.

OUTSTANDING
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 01:17:43 PM »
We need more witnesses

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 01:20:46 PM »
I guess what I'm saying is that you can't possibly do the same level testing court side that you can post game. I don't know what the actual protocol is to allow a player to continue but I would imagine it's fairly standard. Quick tests of sensitivity to light and sound, historical and situational awareness, etc.

All types of brain injuries are not the same and the onset of the negative effects can sometimes be delayed.

So therefore the effects of the red herring concussion, didn't affect Markus's performance because the "effects can sometimes be delayed."

Keep posting buddy.  We are all more enlightened as a result of your genius. 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 01:37:05 PM »
So therefore the effects of the red herring concussion, didn't affect Markus's performance because the "effects can sometimes be delayed."

Keep posting buddy.  We are all more enlightened as a result of your genius.

You obviously know nothing about brain injuries or basketball.

Probably because you have the former and have never played the latter.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 01:39:54 PM »

More rich irony. Keep it up!

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »
More rich irony. Keep it up!

Hitting too close to home ??

Why else would you respond??

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »
Hitting too close to home ??

Why else would you respond??

I respond because it triggers your responses - which I find highly amusing and entertaining. Fun to laugh. Thanks for the entertainment on this slow Saturday.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Re: Markus' head?
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 02:00:52 PM »
Oh no, the internet doctors are back!!!

Does this mean we have to go through another mindless and useless discussion of HIIPPAAA
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 02:04:17 PM »
I respond because it triggers your responses - which I find highly amusing and entertaining. Fun to laugh. Thanks for the entertainment on this slow Saturday.

Yeah, but you know it's only funny because it's true.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »

Whoa. You have posted over 40 odds times since the game with 95% on this play and the concussion you diagnosed on TV.  You might be right.  Or Butler may have made adjustments. Or it was both.

You seem certain of your finding to the point where you defend it over and over, and accuse MU as being incompetent. The rest of us see basketball reasons too...and trust and know MU's training and medical staff.  Don't you think that they were observing him over and over for the next hour and a half?

You are at the point of being over the top. Call me silly.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 02:06:55 PM »
Witch hed, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »

“Wojo should be commended for getting his team to play well despite injuries to Greg, Jayce, Theo, Koby, and now Markus.”

You love to point out how 50% of our team is injured, even when all those guys except Greg are in the rotation, and all of them but Jayce are playing max minutes (but only because that’s not his role).  Because if half the team is hurt, it really isn’t Wojo’s fault that they’re not playing to their full potential.  It’s just bad luck.

Even if Markus plays 38 minutes and takes 25 shots next game, I’m guessing there’s a good chance you’ll continue to talk about how injured he is.  It makes for a nice red herring.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
Tower mentioned he saw a video where Markus was elbowed in the head. I don't recall that, just the slide into the chair. Anyone have a link to such a video?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »
I took a few screenshots (quality is best I could get) of the play and am just not seeing any elbow or malicious intent like a few others have mentioned.

Screenshot #1: Butler guy goes up with both hands as if to block the ball.

Screenshot #2: Best evidence I could find of an "elbow"

Screenshot #3 & #4: Markus appears to turn his head towards the hoop as if to see if the ball went in. Don't think he'd make that reaction if he just got clocked in the head.

Screenshot #5: Head hitting the chair.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »
Nice of gramps to help out there.
Anyone else think that those seats are ridiculously close to the baseline?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 03:20:44 PM »
Tower mentioned he saw a video where Markus was elbowed in the head. I don't recall that, just the slide into the chair. Anyone have a link to such a video?
I wish someone had a video because seeing it last night I thought he got hammered until I saw the replay that showed he didnt

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 03:27:40 PM »
Whoa. You have posted over 40 odds times since the game with 95% on this play and the concussion you diagnosed on TV.  You might be right.  Or Butler may have made adjustments. Or it was both.

You seem certain of your finding to the point where you defend it over and over, and accuse MU as being incompetent. The rest of us see basketball reasons too...and trust and know MU's training and medical staff.  Don't you think that they were observing him over and over for the next hour and a half?

You are at the point of being over the top. Call me silly.

Cite one example of me asserting MU was incompetent. I said Markus went to the sidelines and after a brief examination, and I'm sure some lobbying on his part, returned to the game where he looked and played like he was out of it.

It was a hard hit and Markus remained on the floor for a long time. It was not a nothing foul.

A player can pass the sideline concussion protocol and still be affected to a significant degree by a hit to the head. Are you suggesting it can't be a factor??

There's a very good article on how sideline concussion protocols can fail.

It's about the hit Ziggy Ansah put on Jimmy Clausen. People should read it and get a clue.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2020, 03:29:57 PM »
I wish someone had a video because seeing it last night I thought he got hammered until I saw the replay that showed he didnt

Yeah because players always fly into the seats when there not hammered on a play like that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
Screen shot 2 shows the defenders right arm hitting Markus in the head.   You can see Markus head moving backwards from the impact.  I do not believe there was malice aforethought.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:25:54 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »
Screen shot 2 shows the defenders right arm hitting Markus in the head.   I do not believe there was malice aforethought.

That's the only thing we disagree on. It looked like a frustration foul to me when he lowered his arms on Markus' head. Butler was already pissed at the calls Markus had received in the first half as evidenced by the T right before half. Then Markus burns them on a breakaway layup. to increase the lead. I've played a lot and I've seen the exact same foul many times.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 04:21:58 PM »
Yeah, but you know it's only funny because it's true.
There is another guy that always has to have the last word...

Or maybe there isn't another guy.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 04:30:42 PM »
There is another guy that always has to have the last word...

Or maybe there isn't another guy.

I'm so much worse than the other guy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
I'm so much worse than the other guy.
Impossible
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 04:34:50 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
Impossible

Aren’t you the one having the last word...only you have done it amazingly for about 2 weeks without playing the race card...progress.

$5000 bet holds.  You in or not.  Can easily prove this guy isn’t me....do you have stones or not?  Don’t answer..we know you don’t.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »

Aren’t you the one having the last word...only you have done it amazingly for about 2 weeks without playing the race card...progress.

$5000 bet holds.  You in or not.  Can easily prove this guy isn’t me....do you have stones or not?  Don’t answer..we know you don’t.
Nope, I saw your call and raised to $10,000 that you have a long history of lying about your identity.  You in, Hoopaloop?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2020, 05:07:33 PM »
I also wanted to see how many time "WhoaJoe" would insist on getting the last word.  appears he had to switch accounts to do so.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
I also wanted to see how many time "WhoaJoe" would insist on getting the last word.  appears he had to switch accounts to do so.

Whaaaaat????

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »
There ya go!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 05:22:24 PM »

If u can easily prove it then do it. And not some surgery that proves nothing. Personally I don't think u are this whoa Joe character. He is more obnoxious than even you. Hows that for a back handed compliment.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 05:27:02 PM »
If u can easily prove it then do it. And not some surgery that proves nothing. Personally I don't think u are this whoa Joe character. He is more obnoxious than even you. Hows that for a back handed compliment.

I'm especially obnoxious to the posters who are only experts after losses.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2020, 05:38:31 PM »
I'm especially obnoxious to the posters who are only experts after losses.
Which is not me btw. I post periodically and after nearly every game and my posts are my opinions both positive and negative. Including today's posts. I don't have an agenda that requires me to make over the top posts to fulfill it.

I was out of town after the last game and didnt have means to post so don't even go there.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »
Which is not me btw. I post periodically and after nearly every game and my posts are my opinions both positive and negative. Including today's posts. I don't have an agenda that requires me to make over the top posts to fulfill it.

I was out of town after the last game and didnt have means to post so don't even go there.

When people casually dismiss arguably the most important moment in the game and then trash Markus??? Yeah I'm gonna point it out. I'm also going to call out a cheap shot when I see it. Baddley took out our leading scorer. Should I applaud him??

You would think on a Marquette fan site people would be a little more upset, but not the fine "fans" on scoop.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »
When people casually dismiss arguably the most important moment in the game and then trash Markus??? Yeah I'm gonna point it out. I'm also going to call out a cheap shot when I see it. Baddley took out our leading scorer. Should I applaud him??

You would think on a Marquette fan site people would be a little more upset, but not the fine "fans" on scoop.

Baddley did not “take out” our leading scorer.  Literally.  Markus didn’t miss one second as a result of that play.  And the play itself wasn’t dirty.  It was two guys going full speed in transition.  Take off your blue and gold glasses and stop using this as an excuse for why we lost.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Like I said over the top to satisfy an agenda. I'm impressed you are so sure of a college kids intent. Well done. Now of course you will have the last word but I am done, you are not worth the effort.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »
I took a few screenshots (quality is best I could get) of the play and am just not seeing any elbow or malicious intent like a few others have mentioned.

Screenshot #3 & #4: Markus appears to turn his head towards the hoop as if to see if the ball went in. Don't think he'd make that reaction if he just got clocked in the head.

I don't know about an elbow to the head, but I definitely see a puff of smoke from behind the grassy knoll
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

That's it.  I don't want to just be considered a Scoop "fan."  I am personally going to try to "fan up" to reach your level of fandom. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:16:59 PM by Elonsmusk »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2020, 06:18:07 PM »
Baddley did not “take out” our leading scorer.  Literally.  Markus didn’t miss one second as a result of that play. 
He should have

And the play itself wasn’t dirty.  It was two guys going full speed in transition.
Still worthy of a look at the monitor and a Flagrant 1- excessivecontact above the shoulders

stop using this as an excuse for why we lost.
My opinion, it is on of the myriad of reasons why we lost, but not as important as not changing defenses on Kamar. Kamar is not a 3 point shooter. Play some zone. Double on the screens...something. If Coach does that, we don't even need to see Markus try to take over.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2020, 06:22:03 PM »
Baddley did not “take out” our leading scorer.  Literally.  Markus didn’t miss one second as a result of that play.  And the play itself wasn’t dirty.  It was two guys going full speed in transition.  Take off your blue and gold glasses and stop using this as an excuse for why we lost.

With Marquettes short bench and Symirs inexperience Markus almost had to play. Though after the foul he didn't play like he normally does. It reminded me of the Providence game when the refs let the Friars knock Markus around. He didn't look very good at the end of that game either, though this game was much worse.

You're wrong about the foul that wasn't called. It was a dirty play and should have been reviewed as a flagrant foul. I call it like I see it.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2020, 09:42:42 PM »
He should have
 Still worthy of a look at the monitor and a Flagrant 1- excessivecontact above the shoulders
 My opinion, it is on of the myriad of reasons why we lost, but not as important as not changing defenses on Kamar. Kamar is not a 3 point shooter. Play some zone. Double on the screens...something. If Coach does that, we don't even need to see Markus try to take over.

To your first point , I agree, Markus wasn't right, but with Marquettes short bench who do you put in?? Symir was getting roasted and Greg is out.

To your second point, I agree, if the refs would have looked at it and assessed a flagrant foul it may have changed the game.

To your third point, I mostly agree, but Baldwin was making some tough shots. It wasn't all bad defense, some of it was better offense. If Markus had been scoring on the other end like he normally does, Marquette still wins that game. I contend that the hit he took to his head was the key factor.

Fair take though.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2020, 10:00:39 PM »

thank you for this!  i was just going to post my recollection of that the announcers pointed out that his head hit the chair(not an elbow to the melon) and something about it not being the fan's faults because of the tight quarters/seating arrangements etc etc.   

i sometimes wonder about the schools need to make money-fans in folding chairs, positions of camera crews and safety of the players.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2020, 10:17:05 PM »
  thank you for this!  i was just going to post my recollection of that the announcers pointed out that his head hit the chair(not an elbow to the melon) and something about it not being the fan's faults because of the tight quarters/seating arrangements etc etc.   

i sometimes wonder about the schools need to make money-fans in folding chairs, positions of camera crews and safety of the players.

The announcers, and every other blind umpire, missed the elbow to the head. Fortunately tower and others have the game on dvr and Markus definitely took an elbow to the head. The only real debate is whether it was intentional. I contend it was because of the exaggerated arm movement by Baddley. Others disagree. That's fine.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 02:05:13 AM »
The announcers, and every other blind umpire, missed the elbow to the head. Fortunately tower and others have the game on dvr and Markus definitely took an elbow to the head. The only real debate is whether it was intentional. I contend it was because of the exaggerated arm movement by Baddley. Others disagree. That's fine.

I've rewatched it a couple of times. While I agree there was an elbow to the head, I have no idea what "exaggerated arm movement" you are referring to. I see absolutely no evidence of it being intentional. Maybe it was, but I'm not sure what has convinced you that it's a certainty.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2020, 10:31:59 AM »
Maybe this is related ... Markus missed 14 3PA, the most by a Big East player in a conference game since 2009.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »
I've rewatched it a couple of times. While I agree there was an elbow to the head, I have no idea what "exaggerated arm movement" you are referring to. I see absolutely no evidence of it being intentional. Maybe it was, but I'm not sure what has convinced you that it's a certainty.

Somebody just posted a video of the play and at the end of the attempted block Baddley swings his right arm at Markus. His body actually turns in Markus' direction like he was targeting him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2020, 01:43:20 PM »
Somebody just posted a video of the play and at the end of the attempted block Baddley swings his right arm at Markus. His body actually turns in Markus' direction like he was targeting him.

Still not seeing it. It looks like an attempted block of a layup to me. Sometimes hard contact happens.
TAMU

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »
Still not seeing it. It looks like an attempted block of a layup to me. Sometimes hard contact happens.

Pay attention to the turning of his body toward Markus when he swings his right arm down on his head.

It's also interesting to watch Baddleys actions after the play. He slinks away because he knows what he did.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:47:05 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2020, 01:48:17 PM »

We are now 36 hours removed from the incident, and have read ~50+ posts from you on this one particular play.  How long should we plan on you continuing to post on that play?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2020, 01:54:19 PM »
Pay attention to the turning of his body toward Markus when he swings his right arm down on his head.

It's also interesting to watch Baddleys actions after the play. He slinks away because he knows what he did.

Yeah...you have what we call confirmation bias. I'm not seeing what you are seeing and even if I was, it would tell us zero about his intentions.
TAMU

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
Yeah...you have what we call confirmation bias. I'm not seeing what you are seeing and even if I was, it would tell us zero about his intentions.
I see the contact, though it certainly looks unintentional.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2020, 02:13:04 PM »

The angle Baddley took to block the shot did not allow for his body to blade in the direction of Markus unless it was intentional.

By the way, what did you think of Baddleys reaction??

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2020, 02:20:52 PM »
We are now 36 hours removed from the incident, and have read ~50+ posts from you on this one particular play.  How long should we plan on you continuing to post on that play?

It's  obvious you don't care about Markus getting hammered and the effect it had on his game. That's fine.

You do you.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2020, 02:22:54 PM »
The angle Baddley took to block the shot did not allow for his body to blade in the direction of Markus unless it was intentional.

By the way, what did you think of Baddleys reaction??
I think you should have your own head checked. No seriously, you are over the top obsessing.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »
I think you should have your own head checked. No seriously, you are over the top obsessing.

Noted, another scooper who doesn't care about Markus getting hammered and how it affected his game. That's fine.

You do you

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2020, 02:37:51 PM »
Noted, another scooper who doesn't care about Markus getting hammered and how it affected his game. That's fine.

You do you

I care about Markus. I also care about truth and your slandering of another player.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »

I care about Markus. I also care about truth and your slandering of another player.

Intentional fouls and flagrant fouls are part of the game. I'm sure you've never seen a cheap shot before in basketball.

That play was intentional in my opinion and I think the video supports it.

It's part of a bigger issue with Markus, as he's  had his share of getting beat up and not getting calls.

You have your opinion, that's fine.

You do you

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51:20 PM »
Intentional fouls and flagrant fouls are part of the game. I'm sure you've never seen a cheap shot before in basketball.

That play was intentional in my opinion and I think the video supports it.

It's part of a bigger issue with Markus, as he's  had his share of getting beat up and not getting calls.

You have your opinion, that's fine.

You do you

I will. Maybe you should stop claiming that others don’t care about Markus’ health.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
I will. Maybe you should stop claiming that others don’t care about Markus’ health.

I started this thread because no one seemed to be interested in Markus' condition or the lack of a call on what I thought was a flagrant foul.

People make lots of claims on message boards, the only people who should be bothered by my statement are those with a guilty conscience.

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2020, 02:58:40 PM »
I started this thread because no one seemed to be interested in Markus' condition or the lack of a call on what I thought was a flagrant foul.

People make lots of claims on message boards, the only people who should be bothered by my statement are those with a guilty conscience.

You’re tiresome.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »
You’re tiresome.

Maybe it's time for your afternoon nap.

feedback