Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another one dimensional Wojo team  (Read 10549 times)

Danny Noonan

• Starter
Re: Another one dimensional Wojo team
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2020, 08:25:04 PM »
Top turd on the dung pile.
This is funny. Thanks for the laugh.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2020, 08:28:39 PM »
Hit two threes today and a reverse layup. No airballs that I recall.

Again, there are a lot of real issues to complain about. Keep your complaints accurate and critical and the board will be far more tolerable.
Yes, I was referring to the Providence game. He was decent today I guess. He’ll not sniff the NBA

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2020, 08:32:53 PM »
Yes, I was referring to the Providence game. He was decent today I guess. He’ll not sniff the NBA

We agree there.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Another soft Wojo team
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2020, 08:33:38 PM »
MU had a crap ton of open looks, they just failed to make many, many of them.

They absolutely did.  I was tired of hearing about how good SH’s defense has been best in nation last 5 games, blah, blah, blah.  Unbelievable how guys at this level miss so many good looks. Inexcusable.

Bailey is especially frustrating. He has talent, but it’s still not translating to any consistency.  He missed a lot of good looks that may have swung momentum in the 2nd half. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »
McEwen is an all-conference talent.  For whatever reason, Wojo can't get it out of him.

You’re leaving out a critical detail...which conference that was in. We’re finding out first hand how wide the gap is from MWC to BE. There’s a few exceptions I’m sure, but he isn’t one of them

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2020, 05:31:10 AM »
Anyone that thought our NC was going to help us at seeding time was not paying attention. We played one good team in NC and were run out of the gym. In addition, when all is said and done, the BE rankings will be much lowers than they were when conference play began.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2020, 09:44:54 AM »
It didn’t go to hell. Those teams just aren’t very good.

We may not be either. The non conference schedule is meaningless if we don't win enough conference games to warrant a look by the NCAA.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »
Eastern or Western Conference.  He'll be in the NBA.
Is this a misplaced post from the 2000's about Wade?

I'm a huge fan of Howard but I don't see any NBA talent at MU right now.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
Eastern or Western Conference.  He'll be in the NBA.

Namibia Basketball Association?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
Anyone that thought our NC was going to help us at seeding time was not paying attention. We played one good team in NC and were run out of the gym. In addition, when all is said and done, the BE rankings will be much lowers than they were when conference play began.

It's still going to help us because we went 10-2 with 4 top 100 wins and both losses are to top 40 teams. The cupcakes, mostly, are off to good/great starts in their league as well.

Our non-conference is a major reason we are projected to be a decent seed in the tournament despite a poor start to BE play.

It was a very well constructed schedule. Relatively easy on the court but tough on paper.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2020, 11:49:26 AM »
The bubble is already busted unless we go on a 3 or 4 game win streak

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2020, 11:52:23 AM »
The bubble is already busted unless we go on a 3 or 4 game win streak

You have zero idea what you're talking about. 8-6 the rest of the season and we're in. 7-7 might even do it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2020, 12:12:30 PM »
It didn’t go to hell. Those teams just aren’t very good.

That not very good Purdue team is beating Michigan State at the moment by 17  points in the second half.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2020, 12:21:51 PM »
That not very good Purdue team is beating Michigan State at the moment by 17  points in the second half.

There he is. Old man creepy cheeks.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
There he is. Old man creepy cheeks.

Using that real data and stuff again....yes, here I am.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
Using that real data and stuff again....yes, here I am.

It’s time for your afternoon nap.  You’ll have plenty of time to argue with 20 and 30 year olds when you wake up.  And of course after your diaper change.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2020, 12:29:23 PM »
It’s time for your afternoon nap.  You’ll have plenty of time to argue with 20 and 30 year olds when you wake up.  And of course after your diaper change.

Im dead.   
And yes this team is solidly bubble burst at the moment. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
This is how I know our fan base is delusional.  Jayce Johnson is a steaming pile of crap.  As physically ungifted as any 7 footer in division 1 basketball.
Yeah I'm not sure what people are seeing with him. The expectations must be really low. His height allows him to grab a few boards sometimes but I havent seen anything skill wise at all that separates him from any other 7 footer out there. As run of the mill as they come. One guy that had a decent skillset who I miss was luke fishahh.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2020, 12:33:05 PM »
McEwen is an all-conference talent.  For whatever reason, Wojo can't get it out of him.

Come on. Mcewen is so undisciplined and far from all-conference talent.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure what people are seeing with him. The expectations must be really low. His height allows him to grab a few boards sometimes but I havent seen anything skill wise at all that separates him from any other 7 footer out there. As run of the mill as they come. One guy that had a decent skillset who I miss was luke fishahh.

This is spot on.  100 percent.  Nothing else needs to be said here.   This is the story to a T.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »
This is spot on.  100 percent.  Nothing else needs to be said here.   This is the story to a T.

The man simply has no skill.  Being tall is not a skill.  Some people on this board don’t seem to understand this.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
Im dead.   
And yes this team is solidly bubble burst at the moment.

Every expert says you are wrong....which of course is no surprise to anyone.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2020, 01:07:23 PM »
The man simply has no skill.  Being tall is not a skill.  Some people on this board don’t seem to understand this.

Being tall is one thing, using your tallness is another.  Positioning, aggressively going after boards, etc.   The problem is you have made up in your mind that people have anointed him....NO ONE HAS, but that's your pearl-clutching mode that you are doing.  He is a serviceable big, a backup...that's what we brought him in here for.  You make it sound like some people have couched him as an NBA player.  NOPE.  Not one person.  I'm glad he's on the team, he has been a nice addition for rebounding and fouls...that's his role.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2020, 01:07:57 PM »
BM1090

Thais assuming the top 100 wins end up being top 100. We have played two good teams, Maryland and SH, and Nova might end being good. I believe the BE schedule is going to bring 6-7 BE teams way down from where they started conference play.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2020, 02:59:35 PM »
Theo is especially frustrating to me.  He markedly improved from frosh to soph seasons.  Seems like he has regressed a bit this season.

Theo has torn ligaments or something in hand that will require surgery. He put it off u til after season, and is playing in pain. 

feedback