[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Neil Peart passes  (Read 1652 times)

jsglow

• All American
Neil Peart passes
« on: January 10, 2020, 04:39:46 PM »
A dark day in music history indeed.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Neil Peart passes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 04:43:21 PM »
the professor-RIP man.

one of the few bands that i love the drummer more than the band.  they had some great songs, but tom sawyer was nothing without the professor

don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »

I never cared for Rush's music - then, or even now.

But Peart and Lifeson were absolutely great musicians.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 07:35:37 PM »

Went to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame inductions in 2013 here in L.A. back when RUSH was honored with their ceremony...Foo Fighters introduced them.  It was pretty damn cool. The amount of sound that came out of that three-man band was amazing.  I was not a RUSH fan (mostly because of Lee's voice) and wasn't particularly excited about going that night, but the set they played converted me.

https://youtu.be/RTAqCEPMHEg
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 07:52:40 PM »
John Bonham is trending on twitter.

Bonzo, moony, peart.  God is in awe of his creation.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »
Went to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame inductions in 2013 here in L.A. back when RUSH was honored with their ceremony...Foo Fighters introduced them.  It was pretty damn cool. The amount of sound that came out of that three-man band was amazing.  I was not a RUSH fan (mostly because of Lee's voice) and wasn't particularly excited about going that night, but the set they played converted me.

Thanks for posting. True artists at the top of their game.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 09:29:11 PM »
Neil's retirement after the 2015 tour makes total sense now.  He had indicated publicly that he wasn't interested in performing if his skills eroded.  While I don't think he had been diagnosed yet, perhaps he was beginning to experience a few symptoms. 

Anyway, he had always been a very private person, reluctant celebrity and ultimately decided to keep his illness from the public.  Credit to Getty and Alex for honoring that wish.  Condolences to his family.   

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 07:29:59 AM »

that was F'ING right on cool!  thanks for digging that up chicos!  those guys could still play man!  not many bands stay together 40 years.  talk about taking a unique sound and style, believing in it, staying with it and becoming a legend with it.  despite what i'm sure was pressure to add this and add that, they did not waver from their base(no pun intended), told the "music experts" to go "f" themselves, this is who we are.  they became a brand in and of themselves...not bad for some canadians though, eyn'a? :D

did neil start or just perfect the stick twirling and make that his trademark because you see it copied quite a bit...well those who can anyway, but he sue was the master
don't...don't don't don't don't

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 01:38:16 PM »

Outstanding
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 10:19:33 AM »
I can't say that I was a huge Rush fan and I didn't really follow their career, but I did have and listen to 2112 when I was a kid. Prior to this weekend, I probably hadn't listened to it for 35 years. I remedied that over the weekend...a couple of times. Man, that was fantastic. As the first synth notes played, it came rushing back.  It makes me want to explore more of their catalog.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback