[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Peak Wojo  (Read 9712 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Peak Wojo
« on: January 04, 2020, 09:02:39 PM »
More props to Wojo. Put him on the scoreboard at Bucks game and he waved, then after about 3 seconds started to stand up and slam his Dasani bottled water.

Shows a spontaneous fun side I’d not seen before. Cheers to you Wojo.

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Peak Wojo
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:40:13 PM »
So was Wojo in a box with the Mane family and friends?

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 11:13:08 PM »
So was Wojo in a box with the Mane family and friends?
Was he with the Mane family when the crowd boo'd him?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 12:31:22 AM »
More props to Wojo. Put him on the scoreboard at Bucks game and he waved, then after about 3 seconds started to stand up and slam his Dasani bottled water.

Wojo reacted like a human and not a robot and you're starting a thread about it? Man, the bar for this guy is super low.

Wojo WAVING TO THE CROWD ON THE JUMBOTRON is post-worthy? Is this real life? You know four year olds do the same thing, right? Oh, and he drank water too? Holy cow, this guy is a freaking LEGEND!!!!

Jeeeee-zus

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 12:38:31 AM »
Wojo reacted like a human and not a robot and you're starting a thread about it? Man, the bar for this guy is super low.

Wojo WAVING TO THE CROWD ON THE JUMBOTRON is post-worthy? Is this real life? You know four year olds do the same thing, right? Oh, and he drank water too? Holy cow, this guy is a freaking LEGEND!!!!

Jeeeee-zus

Maybe shut the phone down for the night until the hangover is gone tomorrow.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 01:09:47 AM »
Maybe shut the phone down for the night until the hangover is gone tomorrow.

I'm good, just pointing out that Wojo being a kinda normal nerdy dad isn't really something to celebrate. Should we get super hyped the next time we see him him in some fresh white New Balances too? Oh! I bet he cuts nice stripes in his grass. Let's congratulate him on that too.

I'm just saying it's weird that anyone would be excited that the guy showed some semblance of personality by waving to the jumbotron. Do prowojoers think this guys is such a stiff that they get excited by that small of a gesture? Come on, he's got to be a little less Stepford Coach than that, right?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 01:12:59 AM »
I'm good, just pointing out that Wojo being a kinda normal nerdy dad isn't really something to celebrate. Should we get super hyped the next time we see him him in some fresh white New Balances too? Oh! I bet he cuts nice stripes in his grass. Let's congratulate him on that too.

I'm just saying it's weird that anyone would be excited that the guy showed some semblance of personality by waving to the jumbotron. Do prowojoers think this guys is such a stiff that they get excited by that small of a gesture? Come on, he's got to be a little less Stepford Coach than that, right?

The guy who started this thread is anything but a Prowojoer.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 02:22:08 AM »

Jeeeee-zus
Yeah being relatable counts for something. Wojo is supposed to be the main ambassador and top salesperson for the team. I've seen enough post game interviews to get a sense of the guy and he is all in for Marquette. The university, the players, and the fans. If you get a chance watch the post game presser from last year when Matt Heldt gave the team some quality minutes in a win. Or his post game tribute to Howard Moore and Wisconsin after the Wisconsin loss this year. Pure heart and class. Marquette is well represented by a decent man.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 03:29:51 AM »

If that water bottle had a 2020 NCAA Tournament Logo on it, I guarantee Wojo starts to choke on it when he starts the 2nd half of it.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 03:55:02 AM »
If that water bottle had a 2020 NCAA Tournament Logo on it, I guarantee Wojo starts to choke on it when he starts the 2nd half of it.
Why are you such a rhymes with fun troll. Seriously.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 04:00:52 AM »
Why are you such a rhymes with fun troll. Seriously.

Why do you embrace mediocrity with open arms and legs?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 06:35:54 AM »
How dare you Express an opinion that is not politically correct to the ruling class on this board. Diverse opinion is only appropriate if it expresses thoughts approved by those soothsayers of smart. You will soon be shipped to a re-education camp to have your thoughts thoroughly recalibrated.
Now please enjoy the win along with all of us. After all, there will be many other opportunities to express your Ill conceived opinions as the season goes forward.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 06:40:24 AM »
The important thing to remember here is that this was a big win against a top 10 program, with a sold out crowd at our digs, with Mane in attendance. Should we not hear quick news of his committment?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 07:05:07 AM »

I’d put money on him not cutting his lawn.

The important thing to remember here is that this was a big win against a top 10 program, with a sold out crowd at our digs, with Mane in attendance. Should we not hear quick news of his committment?

And I’d guess we won’t hear of a commitment to anywhere for Mane until late spring. He’s said he wants to take 5 official visits, so far he’s taken 2. He’s also eligible to skip college and go straight to the NBA and is projected as a late first round pick by a few sources. I’d guess he’ll do some looking into that option after his high school season finishes up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:08:41 AM by manesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 07:20:16 AM »
I’d put money on him not cutting his lawn.

And I’d guess we won’t hear of a commitment to anywhere for Mane until late spring. He’s said he wants to take 5 official visits, so far he’s taken 2. He’s also eligible to skip college and go straight to the NBA and is projected as a late first round pick by a few sources. I’d guess he’ll do some looking into that option after his high school season finishes up.

Rumor has it---pretty damn big lawn too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 07:36:59 AM »
Imagine being such a cheerless twit that this post actually bothered you.

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 07:40:35 AM »
I thought it was funny, glad it was posted.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 07:41:21 AM »

Where were you earlier to celebrate the win, you miserable, moronic turd?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »
This is a great thread, I hope the Chaluparena releases the jumbotron footage of Wojo slamming his water.  And the 2020 NCAA water line was a mic dropper.

Also .. anyone notice at the MU game during player introductions .. they say Wojo's name.  My wife said there was a decent amount of booing from the stands.    I wasn't paying attention, so can't confirm.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2020, 09:34:52 AM »
Where were you earlier to celebrate the win, you miserable, moronic turd?
the classic response from the clueless. Somebody disagrees with your egotistical opinion so the name calling begins. Real class from a assy guy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
the classic response from the clueless. Somebody disagrees with your egotistical opinion so the name calling begins. Real class from a assy guy.

Huh
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2020, 09:51:15 AM »
People dont disagree Wojo represents the university well, many of us just want that to translate to success on the court, because as a program we are thirsty for success. That should not be downplayed either. MU only has its basketball programs. Like it or not, MU is not making headlines for their PA programs, law school etc. The Bball program generates the buzz.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2020, 09:53:19 AM »
The first time I saw Wojo in person, I was walking behind him in the Harley Davidson Museum parking lot. It was the spring of 2013, he had just gotten hired, and he was headed into the basketball banquet for the previous season.

During the event, I saw that he already had a great rapport with the players. I saw him joking around them, as well as his coaches. A fan brought his 3-year-old son up to meet him, and Wojo knelt down to talk to him for a few moments.

So I am not surprised that Wojo is a regular guy. What surprised me is that he became an automaton the second anyone points a video camera at him.
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2020, 09:54:07 AM »
People dont disagree Wojo represents the university well, many of us just want that to translate to success on the court, because as a program we are thirsty for success. That should not be downplayed either. MU only has its basketball programs. Like it or not, MU is not making headlines for their PA programs, law school etc. The Bball program generates the buzz.

Is there anyone here who doesn't want Marquette to succeed on the court?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2020, 10:28:03 AM »

So completely off base it's funny.