collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Novak gets off the bench!  (Read 5636 times)

scooter

• Scholarship Player
Novak gets off the bench!
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
12 minutes for Stevie tonight.  3 for 5 (2 of 3 from 3 pt range) or 8 points.  Even had a blocked shot.

edit - I see he was 4 for 4, 2 of 2 from three pt range on Minday for 10 points in 18 minutes.  Maybe he'll get some regular minutes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:52:36 PM by scooter »

Wade for President

• All American
Re: Novak gets off the bench!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
I saw that the other night also.  What's remarkable about Novak is that not only was in he in the NBDL a few weeks ago, but the minutes that he is getting, are quality minutes.

The last 2 games he isn't seeing garbage time...he's been on the court when the game has been on the line.

I don't know if Steve's great play as of late is as surprising as Travis starting and Dwyane playing on the worst team in the league.  Regardless...MU players are looking good at the next level.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:46:25 PM »
Hello - we knew Novak just needed a shot.

Man - we could use his shot.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 08:28:18 AM »
the other game where he played 18 minutes... he brought them back and gave Houston the lead on like 8 straight points.  then for some reason he didn't see the floor much in the 4th quarter.  that is when i started wondering what was going on. 

the other day he would have been perfect from the arc again if it wasn't for a desperate 3 as the shot clock ran out.  Steve is shooting around 65% from deep this year.  get that kid the ball.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:02:30 AM »
I think Novak was the most enjoyable non-dunker I have ever seen play at Marquette. Seeing him square up for a three pointer was a thing of beauty. Travis was a good shooter, but Novak was just effortless.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »
On average, most rookies don't get a lot of playing time and a lot of 2nd year players don't get a lot of playing time, either. What Novak is going through is probably a pretty typical experience curve.
We Are Marquette

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »
Agreed PRN.  The quick release, the smooth stroke --- very much enjoyed watching Steve light it up.  I think in the last 10-15 years or so, I enjoyed watching him more than any player other than DWade.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »
I think Novak was the most enjoyable non-dunker I have ever seen play at Marquette. Seeing him square up for a three pointer was a thing of beauty. Travis was a good shooter, but Novak was just effortless.

agreed.. he'd get his jaw set just right on the way up and that steely look in his eye and you knew it was going in.. you could just stand up and start hooting when it left his finger tips.  those were the days... probably the best pure shooter I have ever seen.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

mooka_3

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
It is true that Novak was a great pure shooter, and I enjoyed watching as much as the next fan...

But realistically, are we suprised he hasn't played much in the League? He could never go down low and bang, which is what you expect from someone his size... He's not much more than a spot shooter now, without speed, and a defensive liability...

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
It is true that Novak was a great pure shooter, and I enjoyed watching as much as the next fan...

But realistically, are we suprised he hasn't played much in the League? He could never go down low and bang, which is what you expect from someone his size... He's not much more than a spot shooter now, without speed, and a defensive liability...

it's not like it's shocking or anything but aren't there ton's of players in the nba who are shooters but defensive liabilities?  The only difference is that he's a tall sharp shooter and defensive liability.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
Reggie Miller was a banger?
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

mooka_3

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »
Reggie Miller was a banger?

Reggie Miller wasn't 6'10... Reggie Miller was also a defensive stud...

feedback