Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Coaching Candidates  (Read 162993 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: MU Coaching Candidates
« Reply #1000 on: February 19, 2021, 08:48:35 AM »
I'm quite sure it's a joke, but on the smallest chance that it's not that'd be awesome.

Boooooo.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1001 on: February 19, 2021, 09:11:54 AM »
Really?!?!?  I haven't seen this anywhere.

Didn't think I'd need teal, but nice to dream...  ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1002 on: February 19, 2021, 09:20:48 AM »
Didn't think I'd need teal, but nice to dream...  ;)

Wishful thinking.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: February 19, 2021, 10:42:05 AM »
If MU adds another winnable game, the projects of us winning our last four of six goes up significantly higher - which would all but guarantee Wojo returns next season.  I'm sure the school and admin will do everything possible to justify and give reason to bring everyone back next year.  At that point, it would be what it would be.

Even if ended up beating Butler, DePaul, OOC game and a BET game to end the season, I, personally, think a change would still need to be made but wouldn't hold my breath.  That would be all the school would need to justify holding the course for another year. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1004 on: February 19, 2021, 11:22:29 AM »
If MU adds another winnable game, the projects of us winning our last four of six goes up significantly higher - which would all but guarantee Wojo returns next season.  I'm sure the school and admin will do everything possible to justify and give reason to bring everyone back next year.  At that point, it would be what it would be.

Even if ended up beating Butler, DePaul, OOC game and a BET game to end the season, I, personally, think a change would still need to be made but wouldn't hold my breath.  That would be all the school would need to justify holding the course for another year.

Is the Georgetown game officially canceled yet?  It still says postponed on gomarquette.com.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: February 19, 2021, 11:29:07 AM »
Is the Georgetown game officially canceled yet?  It still says postponed on gomarquette.com.

That way if Scholl says "you're fired at the end of the season" Wojo can say "well the seasons not over we still have a game postponed indefinitely"
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1006 on: February 19, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
That way if Scholl says "you're fired at the end of the season" Wojo can say "well the seasons not over we still have a game postponed indefinitely"

the problem with that is Scholl reports to Lovell. Lovell is the one who will make the final decision.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1007 on: February 19, 2021, 12:13:18 PM »

There's really no date to make it up. I guess February 25, or if they try to fit it between the season end and the BET.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: February 19, 2021, 04:38:00 PM »
There's really no date to make it up. I guess February 25, or if they try to fit it between the season end and the BET.

It sounds like the Georgetown game is unlikely.  They already play 2/20, 2/23 and 2/27.  They aren't playing four games in a week.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: February 20, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »
Was hoping for Georgetown or a lesser opponent buy game but believe an MU NC game would be better than no game given our current position.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: February 20, 2021, 01:46:31 PM »

Not sure if any MU talk figured in but just heard on the Mizzou SC Game that Nate Oates just signed an extension with Alabama at 3 Million plus a year.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: February 20, 2021, 01:48:30 PM »

Not sure if any MU talk figured in but just heard on the Mizzou SC Game that Nate Oates just signed an extension with Alabama at 3 Million plus a year.

Also just heard on the Mizzou SC game the announcer just said Rick Majerus explained the game better than any announcer he had ever worked with.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1012 on: February 20, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »

Nate Oats ain’t coming to Marquette.  If he keeps winning at Alabama, he’ll be on the short list of guys to replace Calipari one day
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: February 20, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »
It might be a rash judgment, or even have no relation whatsoever, but the UNC addition gives me reason to believe Wojo is for sure coming back next year.  If he was coaching for his job, I'd imagine, and I could very well be wrong, that he would have looked to schedule a more-accessible win than at UNC.  Furthermore, the MUBB Twitter account, in announcing the game, even highlighted that the team will continue its stretch of road games (six total).  It just very much appears that the seeds have already been planted in justifying/explaining to the fans/alumni as to why Wojo will return for an eighth season.  I'm not sure though, it could be reading too much into a simple one-off addition. 

Regardless of the head coach, the players on the team or whomever we are playing, I will always root for MU to win.  It just does not seem like there will be much, if any, momentum riding into next year if Wojo returns, along with projected losses to UConn, Xavier, UNC and in the BET.  We could also still lose to DePaul (again). 

Next few weeks will be entertaining.  I'll try and just focus and enjoy the next game against UNC.  If we somehow beat UNC, then it would be guaranteed Wojo comes back, no question. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: February 20, 2021, 02:41:19 PM »
It might be a rash judgment, or even have no relation whatsoever, but the UNC addition gives me reason to believe Wojo is for sure coming back next year.  If he was coaching for his job, I'd imagine, and I could very well be wrong, that he would have looked to schedule a more-accessible win than at UNC.  Furthermore, the MUBB Twitter account, in announcing the game, even highlighted that the team will continue its stretch of road games (six total).  It just very much appears that the seeds have already been planted in justifying/explaining to the fans/alumni as to why Wojo will return for an eighth season.  I'm not sure though, it could be reading too much into a simple one-off addition. 

Regardless of the head coach, the players on the team or whomever we are playing, I will always root for MU to win.  It just does not seem like there will be much, if any, momentum riding into next year if Wojo returns, along with projected losses to UConn, Xavier, UNC and in the BET.  We could also still lose to DePaul (again). 

Next few weeks will be entertaining.  I'll try and just focus and enjoy the next game against UNC.  If we somehow beat UNC, then it would be guaranteed Wojo comes back, no question.

Relax. Still very possible that thin-skinned Wojo seeks and finds a new gig. A UNC win does not guarantee that he'll be back but I agree that if he is, we are in for another disappointing season. I still believe its in Wojo's own best interest to leave on his own to save his career in the long run. Let's hope he does just that.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: February 20, 2021, 02:44:30 PM »
Nate Oats ain’t coming to Marquette.  If he keeps winning at Alabama, he’ll be on the short list of guys to replace Calipari one day

Agree if there was even a chance at landing the Watertown Wisconsin Native there is no longer after his freshly signed Extension at over 3 Million a year.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: February 20, 2021, 02:58:19 PM »

Agree with most of this and will try to just Enjoy the Added National Coverage game.Was hoping for Georgetown or a lesser opponent buy game but believe an MU NC game would be better than no game given our current position. UNC just added and beat Northeastern 86-66 a few nights ago. UNC is playing for their NCAA tournament lives and to get into the NCAA tournament. UNC has Duke Coming up again after Our game. Marquette is probably playing to get into the NIT if that is a thing. Odds our against us but teams have done it in the past and want MU to win every game. We will have fun watching! Go MU!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: February 20, 2021, 04:54:37 PM »

Eh, I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s not like a win against some low major is going to get the fans excited. If anything, they are thinking the money from this game can go towards a buyout, so we are playing.

I think if Wojo is able to find a decent landing spot (BC or another P5 football school), it’s in the best interest of both to move on. I would think MU would even lower the buyout the new school would have to pay.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: February 20, 2021, 05:04:21 PM »
It might be a rash judgment, or even have no relation whatsoever, but the UNC addition gives me reason to believe Wojo is for sure coming back next year.  If he was coaching for his job, I'd imagine, and I could very well be wrong, that he would have looked to schedule a more-accessible win than at UNC.

I'm among those who thinks he's back no matter what, but this is an interesting thesis.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: February 20, 2021, 06:06:52 PM »
I'm among those who thinks he's back no matter what, but this is an interesting thesis.

If he's coaching for his job, this would be the type of game to schedule. Win the next four and they are right n the bubble. Not scheduling this game gives them no chance.

But I agree he'll be back.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2021, 07:14:51 PM »
Woj ain't gonna bea judged on dis won game. Itz his bodie of werk dat's gonna make orr brake da dude, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2021, 07:55:20 PM »
If he's coaching for his job, this would be the type of game to schedule. Win the next four and they are right n the bubble. Not scheduling this game gives them no chance.

But I agree he'll be back.
15-12 won't get them in the dance, and they won't get to 15-12.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2021, 08:33:43 PM »

He is absolutely coming back unless he decides to leave.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:29 PM »

Yep
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2021, 11:14:11 PM »

Sounds like you need to accept Bad Reporter's bet.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback