[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Symir sets the table for what’s to come  (Read 6650 times)

PaintTouches

• All American
[Paint Touches] Symir sets the table for what’s to come
« on: December 09, 2019, 01:51:49 PM »
The videos of his passes pretty much speak for themselves, but the numbers behind them are pretty stellar (in a tiny sample) as well.

https://painttouches.com/2019/12/09/symir-torrence-sets-the-table-for-whats-to-come/

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: [Paint Touches] Symir sets the table for what’s to come
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:11:14 PM »
The videos of his passes pretty much speak for themselves, but the numbers behind them are pretty stellar (in a tiny sample) as well.

https://painttouches.com/2019/12/09/symir-torrence-sets-the-table-for-whats-to-come/

Nice write up of things some fans might be missing.  Thanks
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »
I remember being angry at Sacar during only one point of the game Saturday, and it was after he blew the lay-in that Sy gave him. It was such a beautiful pass and needs to be finished.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
I remember being angry at Sacar during only one point of the game Saturday, and it was after he blew the lay-in that Sy gave him. It was such a beautiful pass and needs to be finished.

Ironically, Symir missed a layup on a post feed to Theo, and received a return pass as he cut to the basket.  Great pass by Theo and Symir just missed the bunny.  Happened vs. USC as well.  Can’t remember another instance where Theo and anyone have done that (give and go) but Symir and Theo have done it twice

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 05:07:24 PM »

Thanks for posting this. Sy hasn't shot the ball much, but he has a very clean, simple stroke on the three ball. His shot isn't a mess like jjj's was when he arrived on campus. As his career progresses, I think he will use his ability to shoot 3s to help open things up for his passing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »
He is going to be just fine and there will by life after Markus.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »
MU had the game in hand and was running away with it in the first half. I’m still perplexed why Wojo ran out McEwen for the first 12 minutes of the second half and almost immediately the momentum seemed to evaporate. However, McEwen did make a few nice plays down the stretch but just confused why Symir rode the pine so much in the second half after playing so well in the first.

I’m usually not a fan of the cliche “he does everything that doesn’t show up in the box score.” Although Symir’s stat line wasn’t all that impressive, I thought we were a much better team when he was on the floor Saturday.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 05:29:23 PM »
I suspect that Wojo was trying to get McEwen to play his way out of his slump.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 05:58:38 PM »
I suspect that Wojo was trying to get McEwen to play his way out of his slump.   

Correct,  this is a work in progress.  McEwen needs to get the kinks out prior to the Big East schedule.  The end of game contributions may have been what the doctor ordered.  Can’t do that if he doesn’t play.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 06:40:57 PM »
Agreed on Symir. I like the way he handles the rock, very competent. These don't show up in the stats unless they lead directly to a bucket so you wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it, but he made a couple just perfect passes last night - good velocity on the ball, just beyond the reach of the defender but right where our guys want to catch it. Can't really teach that.

You're welcome for the article idea  ;D
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
Correct,  this is a work in progress.  McEwen needs to get the kinks out prior to the Big East schedule.  The end of game contributions may have been what the doctor ordered.  Can’t do that if he doesn’t play.

Yeah, mcewen's dragging his pivot is the main thing I wish he would fit. I feel like he looks really good running the point except for that.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »
You do understand that 3 ruggers under 6 is your own damn fault puxmex!

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »
You do understand that 3 ruggers under 6 is your own damn fault puxmex!

I blame my wife  ;D

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
Very excited to be able to watch a true PG operate the offense again. It’s been a long time.
No Finish Line

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 07:55:27 AM »
Very excited to be able to watch a true PG operate the offense again. It’s been a long time.

+1

The ability highlighted in the article/videos is why I firmly believe that PGs are 'born, not made'.  I mean, you can't teach that type of stuff.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 08:41:34 AM »
+1

The ability highlighted in the article/videos is why I firmly believe that PGs are 'born, not made'.  I mean, you can't teach that type of stuff.

Agree
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 09:01:28 AM »
1.) Freshman comes in with little to no expectations.
2.) Freshman shows flashes in limited minutes while not even appearing on oppositions scouting report.
3.) Board falls in love with Freshman. (We are here)
4.) Expectations get raised for the now/soon-to-be Sophomore
5.) Player doesn't develop at the pace that many want, partially because of raised expectations, partially because of appearance on scouting report.
6.) Board falls out of love with player.
7/1.) New Freshman comes in with little to no expectation.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I've seen out of Sy, but this is the place where people wanted Derrick over Junior.  Then wanted Duane over Derrick.  Slightly overshadowed by Henry, but Haani had a very solid Freshman campaign, when expectations were raised/scouting report that he could only go left, well...

Flashes are great, but Sy has still only played 63 minutes of college basketball.  Let's either temper expectation and be pleasantly surprised, or not dismiss him if he can't immediately live up to the upcoming raised expectations.

You may now resume your praising of Sy and begin your ripping of me.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »
1.) Freshman comes in with little to no expectations.
2.) Freshman shows flashes in limited minutes while not even appearing on oppositions scouting report.
3.) Board falls in love with Freshman. (We are here)
4.) Expectations get raised for the now/soon-to-be Sophomore
5.) Player doesn't develop at the pace that many want, partially because of raised expectations, partially because of appearance on scouting report.
6.) Board falls out of love with player.
7/1.) New Freshman comes in with little to no expectation.

Don't get me wrong, I like what I've seen out of Sy, but this is the place where people wanted Derrick over Junior.  Then wanted Duane over Derrick.  Slightly overshadowed by Henry, but Haani had a very solid Freshman campaign, when expectations were raised/scouting report that he could only go left, well...

Flashes are great, but Sy has still only played 63 minutes of college basketball.  Let's either temper expectation and be pleasantly surprised, or not dismiss him if he can't immediately live up to the upcoming raised expectations.

You may now resume your praising of Sy and begin your ripping of me.

Agreed. The example that follows this most closely is Vander
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »
Agreed. The example that follows this most closely is Vander

If Symir is the next Blue I'll be very happy.

Doo

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »
Ditto!
If Symir is the next Blue I'll be very happy.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 10:20:28 AM »
+1

Totally

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 10:41:23 AM »
Magic Torrence.

feedback