[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214921 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1325 on: March 25, 2021, 11:17:48 PM »
First major role was in Play Misty for Me in early 70s.

I think it was the 1st movie that Clint Eastwood directed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: March 26, 2021, 07:52:56 AM »
Watched Part 1 of HBO's documentary on Q-Anon. Absolutely crazy stuff.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: March 26, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »
Watched Part 1 of HBO's documentary on Q-Anon. Absolutely crazy stuff.

I watched Pt. 1 last night as well. You're right - it's nuts.

Check out "The Day Sports Stood Still" on HBO. Very well done.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: March 26, 2021, 03:40:25 PM »
I watched Pt. 1 last night as well. You're right - it's nuts.

Check out "The Day Sports Stood Still" on HBO. Very well done.

I will, thanks. First gotta watch Part 2 of Q, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1329 on: March 26, 2021, 04:13:07 PM »
Watching the Snyder cut of Justice League. So far it's better than what they put out previously.
Thought it was unnecessarily long. Snyder way overdid his 300 slow mo action scenes.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: March 26, 2021, 05:01:38 PM »
Finally finished season 2 of Umbrella Academy.  Really enjoyed it and season 2 was great, but holy hell did it start slow.  I think it took us almost a week to watch the first 3 episodes.  The first couple episodes showed promise but just dragged and never really grabbed me.  And then by the time we got to Season 2, we did the whole season in about 5 days.

Elliot Page gets the buzz and top billing, but Five is the standout for me, incredible performance for a kid.  Dude was a Nickelodeon actor, no movie experience, and absolutely DOMINATES scenes in a complex layered role with insane depth.  He was magnificent.

Good stuff from Kate Walsh as well

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: March 26, 2021, 05:05:05 PM »
Thought it was unnecessarily long. Snyder way overdid his 300 slow mo action scenes.

I'm two hours in, going to finish tonight. It's significantly better. How the hell did Synder ever think this was going to be released though? Four hour long superhero movie with the palette colors of WWI footage?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1332 on: March 26, 2021, 06:17:29 PM »
Finally finished season 2 of Umbrella Academy.  Really enjoyed it and season 2 was great, but holy hell did it start slow.  I think it took us almost a week to watch the first 3 episodes.  The first couple episodes showed promise but just dragged and never really grabbed me.  And then by the time we got to Season 2, we did the whole season in about 5 days.

Elliot Page gets the buzz and top billing, but Five is the standout for me, incredible performance for a kid.  Dude was a Nickelodeon actor, no movie experience, and absolutely DOMINATES scenes in a complex layered role with insane depth.  He was magnificent.

also enjoyed this, hoping season 3 is as good

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #1333 on: March 26, 2021, 07:33:51 PM »
Watching the HBO Qanon documentary.   Holy crap.  I knew things were nutty but damn.   Insanity.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: March 26, 2021, 08:52:23 PM »

I really enjoyed also.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1335 on: March 26, 2021, 09:27:14 PM »
I'm two hours in, going to finish tonight. It's significantly better. How the hell did Synder ever think this was going to be released though? Four hour long superhero movie with the palette colors of WWI footage?
Read somewhere he wanted it to be released as a trilogy, which would make sense (except it's divided into 5 stories). Every other JL/batman/superman/WW/etc always seemed like a cheap knockoff of MCU with mediocre CGI but I enjoyed this one. Maybe because the truncated JL that was released was SOOOO crappy and full of holes that this, in comparison, was a complete story line with character background and therefore more enjoyable

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: March 26, 2021, 10:00:01 PM »
Watching the HBO Qanon documentary.   Holy crap.  I knew things were nutty but damn.   Insanity.

I’m sure we have a few of those nuts on Scoop.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: March 26, 2021, 10:10:53 PM »
Has anyone here watched Peaky Blinders? 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: March 26, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »

Absolutely incredible. One of my top 5 series of the last decade easily

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: March 26, 2021, 10:50:06 PM »
Absolutely incredible. One of my top 5 series of the last decade easily

yes agree

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1340 on: March 26, 2021, 10:52:15 PM »
Ty both. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: March 26, 2021, 11:26:06 PM »
I dont like it as much as the other two above but Peaky is definitely a very good show and a worthwhile watch. Its also not very long seasons.

Murphy in the main role is amazing. The rest of the supporting cast is great. Hardy in a nice side role is a gem.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1342 on: March 27, 2021, 01:34:15 AM »

Agreed with everything. One thing I'll add is that the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic. Really adds to the show.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1343 on: March 27, 2021, 01:49:27 AM »

One of my top 10 or 15 series all time for sure. The acting is perfect for like every character. Tom Hardy isn't in every episode but he is flawless in every episode he is in. He and Cillian Murphy's negotiation in the Season 2 finale is one of my favorite scenes in all of TV.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: March 27, 2021, 09:11:01 AM »
Read somewhere he wanted it to be released as a trilogy, which would make sense (except it's divided into 5 stories). Every other JL/batman/superman/WW/etc always seemed like a cheap knockoff of MCU with mediocre CGI but I enjoyed this one. Maybe because the truncated JL that was released was SOOOO crappy and full of holes that this, in comparison, was a complete story line with character background and therefore more enjoyable
I haven't seen the new cut, but the original movie was revive Superman and just pointless time wasting until Superman decided to join the fray.  The rest of the "League" was superfluous to the resolution, basically.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: March 27, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »
I haven't seen the new cut, but the original movie was revive Superman and just pointless time wasting until Superman decided to join the fray.  The rest of the "League" was superfluous to the resolution, basically.
It's worth casually watching in installments. The over/under on "well that would've been helpful to know in the first release" or "OK that makes sense now" is 15.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: March 27, 2021, 11:15:42 AM »

We discovered that one early in Covid and loved it. Took awhile for some of the characters to grow on us, but really enjoyed it. Cant wait for Season 3.

I echo TAMU’s comment on the soundtrack. I’ll listen to it while working sometimes.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1347 on: March 27, 2021, 07:55:21 PM »
I've enjoyed the other seasons of LCU, so I'm sure I'll give it a look. I wonder if it will translate well to basketball. Following a football team is just tailor made for episodic television with the one-game-per-week schedule. With basketball, they'll have to figure out logical places to break up the episodes.

Jut finished this thought it was very good. With a HS senior (playing for SNC next year) very interesting to watch kids his age interact.  The way covid just shut everything down was a harsh reality for everyone

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: March 28, 2021, 02:38:47 PM »
The Derik Chuavin trial starts tomorrow on CSPAN; not sure if the other networks will carry it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:42:21 PM by muwarrior69 »

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: March 28, 2021, 08:13:05 PM »
I'm sure this has been discussed but watched News of the World this AM. Not perfect but very good. THanks is a treasure and Helena Z does a truly amazing job.