Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Purdue win looking good :-) Purdue 69 #5 UVA 40  (Read 11839 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
Purdue win looking good :-) Purdue 69 #5 UVA 40
« on: December 04, 2019, 08:05:26 PM »
Nice
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Purdue win looking good :-) Purdue 69 #5 UVA 40
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »
Remember, Purdue sucks...read it here
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 08:11:37 PM »

My god u are a relentless A-hole.  May  God pity u
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »
Sweet!

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 08:46:51 PM »
My god u are a relentless A-hole.  May  God pity u

relentless

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 08:56:09 PM »
Purdue jumps up in Pomeroy from 13 to 5 after their win over UVa.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »

Who cares

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 09:01:35 PM »
Who cares

Well, actually, a lot of Scoopers seemed to care after our great comeback win against them. Many of the Wojo-haters responded with a collective shrug because "Purdue isn't very good."

They were ranked going into the season, they have some good players, they have a fine coach, and they apparently are good enough to beat a Tony Bennett team by 10,884 points.

We beat Purdue. If they go on to have a good season, it will be considered an outstanding win come March.

So I care, and all Marquette fans who actually want our alma mater to be in the NCAAs probably should care at least a little, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 09:03:14 PM »
Well, actually, a lot of Scoopers seemed to care after our great comeback win against them. Many of the Wojo-haters responded with a collective shrug because "Purdue isn't very good."

They were ranked going into the season, they have some good players, they have a fine coach, and they apparently are good enough to beat a Tony Bennett team by 10,884 points.

We beat Purdue. If they go on to have a good season, it will be considered an outstanding win come March.

So I care, and all Marquette fans who actually want our alma mater to be in the NCAAs probably should care at least a little, too.

My thoughts exactly.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 09:20:14 PM »

You certainly make it hard for a guy to be edgy on here.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 10:40:57 PM »
This is going to twist some posters into pretzels. Some want to use KenPom’s current rankings to definitively say Butler and Xavier are better than us this season no questions asked but then want to say Purdue sucks because Wojo can’t lead a team to a big win despite being ranked 5th in KenPom.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

fjm

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 11:14:17 PM »
Amazing. 80% of scoop claims our won vs Purdue was luck.

WOJO sucks.

Purdue beats Vurgania.

WOJO STILL
SICKS.

This site is wrong.  Always.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »
This is going to twist some posters into pretzels. Some want to use KenPom’s current rankings to definitively say Butler and Xavier are better than us this season no questions asked but then want to say Purdue sucks because Wojo can’t lead a team to a big win despite being ranked 5th in KenPom.

Well, the Purdue win over Virginia really doesn't count for KenPom because Sam isn't a Cavalier yet.

I mean, that's just math.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 11:19:49 PM »
Maybe Sam can write a petition to Coach Bennett explaining why the team would benefit from a faster pace so that everyone, not just the player(s) with the last name Hauser, can get more shots.  That's all the Hausers, the quintessential teammates, wanted.  More shots for Theo John and Ed Morrow, not themselves.  They already were getting their fair share of shots.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 11:26:33 PM »

And remember from another thread, we suck in relation to uVA too.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 11:32:43 PM »
Maybe Sam told his teammates after Marquette beat Purdue they would be an easy win for the Cavs tonight.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 07:20:25 AM »
relentless

The fact that you and Sand Knit Boyscout Swan are in cahoots....couldn’t be a better pair.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 07:21:06 AM »

Well said...weird that 79 wouldn’t care.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 07:38:56 AM »
Just as I want Purdue to win the rest of their games now, I know I'm similarly supposed to hope Wisconsin isn't terrible this season. But that's asking too much. I want them to fail completely.

Last night at NC State, Floppy McDickpuncher got booed every time he touched the ball and his team got routed.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article238051919.html?

Especially loved this:

Davison was mostly a non-factor. He came into the game second on the team in scoring (12.1 points per game) but only made one shot and finished with three points.

The Badgers, who came into the game off of losses to Richmond and New Mexico, aren’t the same type of team that made the NCAA tournament as a No. 5 seed last year. They’re miles from the 2015 heyday of ending Kentucky’s perfect season (before losing to Duke in the national title game).

Frank Kaminsky and Sam Dekker aren’t walking through that door for the Badgers but it was an important night for N.C. State, nonetheless.

Some might argue all of the above makes our loss to F%cky look even worse, and I obviously didn't like that result, either. But if one looks around what's happening in college basketball night-in and night-out, a lot of very good teams have suffered a lot worse losses than ours at Kohl.

Why, I hear the defending national champions just lost by 29 points to a Purdue team that's "not very good."

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 07:51:26 AM »
It’s almost as if the first 4-6 weeks of a season can lend itself to inconsistencies out of 18-22 year-olds.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 07:51:31 AM »
Sam Hauser has never been on a team that has beaten Purdue.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »
It’s almost as if the first 4-6 weeks of a season can lend itself to inconsistencies out of 18-22 year-olds.

Crazy, huh?

Sam Hauser has never been on a team that has beaten Purdue.

Made me chuckle.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »
Just as I want Purdue to win the rest of their games now, I know I'm similarly supposed to hope Wisconsin isn't terrible this season. But that's asking too much. I want them to fail completely.

Last night at NC State, Floppy McDickpuncher got booed every time he touched the ball and his team got routed.
And they shot 5-22 from 3P I believe.  Looks like the MU game was a massive aberration, and/or they can't shoot away from the Kohl Hole.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 08:36:34 AM »
And they shot 5-22 from 3P I believe.  Looks like the MU game was a massive aberration, and/or they can't shoot away from the Kohl Hole.

They've played 4 home games, shooting 35% from 3.  Not great, not terrible, but they're 4-0.

They've played 4 games away from Madison (3 neutral, 1 road), shooting 20% from 3. They're 0-4

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 08:46:06 AM »

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article238051919.html?

Especially loved this:

Davison was mostly a non-factor. He came into the game second on the team in scoring (12.1 points per game) but only made one shot and finished with three points.

The Badgers, who came into the game off of losses to Richmond and New Mexico, aren’t the same type of team that made the NCAA tournament as a No. 5 seed last year. They’re miles from the 2015 heyday of ending Kentucky’s perfect season (before losing to Duke in the national title game).

Frank Kaminsky and Sam Dekker aren’t walking through that door for the Badgers but it was an important night for N.C. State, nonetheless.

Some might argue all of the above makes our loss to F%cky look even worse, and I obviously didn't like that result, either. But if one looks around what's happening in college basketball night-in and night-out, a lot of very good teams have suffered a lot worse losses than ours at Kohl.

Why, I hear the defending national champions just lost by 29 points to a Purdue team that's "not very good."

Totally agree, if the Badgers have a 10-year run like DePaul's from 2008-2018 I'd be very happy. I hope they don't even get a CBI invite this year.