[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Georgetown Hiroshima  (Read 39977 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Georgetown Hiroshima
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2019, 08:56:06 AM »
Dude is bragging about a 3.1 GPA... FOH
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2019, 09:32:38 AM »

Gee.  I wonder who changed the tone.  Hmmmm....

that's like saying, i don't like what you are saying so i can gut punch you?  that was a really rough time for chicos as it would be for anyone.  some things should be off-limits-bringing up the loss of someone very close to you as a beat-down, is about as low as one can go. 

not sure of where you draw the line up in the frozen tundra there sully, but this one was pretty cold
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »
that's like saying, i don't like what you are saying so i can gut punch you?  that was a really rough time for chicos as it would be for anyone.  some things should be off-limits-bringing up the loss of someone very close to you as a beat-down, is about as low as one can go. 

not sure of where you draw the line up in the frozen tundra there sully, but this one was pretty cold

I have no idea what PTM was referencing. I was talking about Cheek’s “blame the media” line that he trotted out for no good reason. Just because he knew what the reaction would be. It’s tiring.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2019, 10:56:05 AM »
Dude is bragging about a 3.1 GPA... FOH

Pretty good for a student athlete and higher than most of the MU players during the Deane era, I can tell you that.  Many student athletes do better, but a crap ton do not...especially in certain sports.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:57:49 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2019, 10:57:08 AM »
I have no idea what PTM was referencing. I was talking about Cheek’s “blame the media” line that he trotted out for no good reason. Just because he knew what the reaction would be. It’s tiring.

No good reason...the Georgetown player stated it in his response to why he was leaving.  It was literally PART OF HIS COMMENTS, so the reason was that it was listed in his comments.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
Biggest excuse by people who do dumb crap. “It wasn’t me but the media...”. The guy was in a police report. The media reported that. The media didn’t make up his situation. They didn’t make him do the dumb crap. He is accused of doing it by someone else who got their roommate to also fill out a report.  That is criminal if they lied.  The media did not do that. And “the media” is really social media responding to the dumb sh*t that he is accused of doing.

Amplification by media can distort reality or downright convict in the public opinion sphere.  Endless examples. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2019, 11:01:56 AM »
The media didn’t issue the restraining orders against Alexander and Gardner.

Galen Alexander isn’t at Georgetown because of Galen Alexander, not the media.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2019, 11:30:47 AM »
Who was fired?

In this situation...you can resign or be fired...pick one.   In a different situation during that regime, Monarch was fired.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »

Gee.  I wonder who changed the tone.  Hmmmm....
The thread veers wildly off track, rehashing a political theme...

Common Denominator.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2019, 12:16:21 PM »
No good reason...the Georgetown player stated it in his response to why he was leaving.  It was literally PART OF HIS COMMENTS, so the reason was that it was listed in his comments.

What you said and how you said it was very clear.  Stop playing dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »
Not what is said but who said it, hey?

Just another hill for Cheeks to die on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2019, 02:21:41 PM »
...And Georgetown goes out and beats Syracuse. The kids who stayed are still battling.

'Cuse will always be one of those teams I automatically root against and probably still will years from now. Same with Louisville.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »
Pretty good for a student athlete and higher than most of the MU players during the Deane era, I can tell you that.  Many student athletes do better, but a crap ton do not...especially in certain sports.

And still far better than the Buzz era.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »
...And Georgetown goes out and beats Syracuse. The kids who stayed are still battling.

'Cuse will always be one of those teams I automatically root against and probably still will years from now. Same with Louisville.

Syracuse isn’t really that good though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »

Georgetown will never apologize for beating Syracuse
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »

So?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2019, 03:04:14 PM »
So "kids battling" against a subpar opponent doesn't really impress me.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2019, 03:20:44 PM »
They're down to 7 scholarship players. That would be tough to play through for any program. Beating a rival makes it that much better. Sorry you're not impressed
Signature:

nyg

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2019, 03:42:11 PM »
They're down to 7 scholarship players. That would be tough to play through for any program. Beating a rival makes it that much better. Sorry you're not impressed

Georgetown did not have any foul issues until very late in the game.  That limited the guys coming off the bench.  If in upcoming games they have foul issues, they are in trouble.  Four starters played 36 minutes.

Cuse had foul issues. 
Free throws:  Georgetown 24 for 31
                     Cuse            5 for 9

MU82

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2019, 03:46:38 PM »
In 1986, my first full year living in Minneapolis, the Gophers had several players dismissed over sexual assault allegations. They were down to 6 scholarship players, and the coach (Jim Dutcher) quit in protest.

Their next game, they stunned an Ohio State team that included future NBA players Dennis Hopson and Brad Sellers. The game after that, they played very tough before losing a close game against Indiana (with Alford), and they then beat Iowa (Roy Marble, Andre Banks, Brad Lohaus, BJ Armstrong). Minnesota's "Iron 5" lineup was getting national attention.

That lasted less than 2 weeks. The Gophers were clobbered by Michigan, the first of 8 straight losses to close out the season.

So we'll see how Georgetown does over the long haul here.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2019, 04:01:04 PM »

Doesn’t matter. It’s their #1 rival. Wisconsin isn’t good this year either. Still a big game. And GTown is completely depleted.

Props to Mac McClung and the other guys who had nothing to do with the crapshow and
are battling. Shows character.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2019, 04:02:19 PM »
Doesn’t matter. It’s their #1 rival. Wisconsin isn’t good this year either. Still a big game. And GTown is completely depleted.

Props to Mac McClung and the other guys who had nothing to do with the crapshow and
are battling. Shows character.

Ugh. Bad sports cliches.

It shows Syracuse isn’t that good.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:05:01 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2019, 04:17:18 PM »
Me: Good job beating Syracuse, Georgetown

Scoop:

Signature:

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »
Many thought Georgetown would go 0-3 in this stretch. Impressive wins at Oklahoma State, at SMU and Syracuse.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2019, 05:07:18 PM »
I certainly was not giving GT a thumbs-down. Glad they got some impressive wins for the BEast.

Just saying it's too early to tell how good they will be during the conference season because having so few scholarship players, and losing a pretty dynamic (at least at times) PG, could take its toll.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback