'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Georgetown Hiroshima  (Read 40002 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Akinjo transferring
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
Ummm I see quite a few Marquette mentions.

Maybe more have been added but I read through them right before I posted it and only saw two.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »
This is interesting. So they have three players mentioned with legal issues and another who just decided to transfer on a whim? 🤔 me thinks there's something more to come on akinjo

Maybe he saw his buddy Leblanc getting kicked off and others on the gangplank and wants off the sinking ship.  Nothing discipline wise, just unhappy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2019, 08:57:46 PM »
Maybe he saw his buddy Leblanc getting kicked off and others on the gangplank and wants off the sinking ship.  Nothing discipline wise, just unhappy.

Plausible. Then my last thought would be why Leblanc. Is GT going to fight this and he was the only one with an iron clad case? I'm not trying to start rumors it just doesn't make sense to me that they'd kick off 1/3
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:34 PM »
And LeBlanc

This is sooo disappointing 😏
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2019, 09:11:03 PM »
Akinjo wasn't very good last year and hasn't been good yet this year.

Still a big loss from a depth perspective and both guys had upside.

Akinjo lit us up n cost us a BE title
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2019, 09:15:07 PM »
Akinjo lit us up n cost us a BE title

He also shot 1/10 from the field against us in 3-point loss

43.9% eFG% last year
38.2% this season

bootay
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2019, 09:34:25 PM »
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/12/02/resurgent-georgetown-beset-by-legal-trouble-and-transfers/amp/

Yeah, no mention of Akinjo.  Probably got wind of other players besides his buddy Leblanc in trouble and is getting out before the next hammer falls.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/12/02/resurgent-georgetown-beset-by-legal-trouble-and-transfers/amp/

Was just about to post that there was another legal issue involving more than just Leblanc and Alexander.

Based on the filed legal complaint, there may be even more to this story to come out.

But no mention of Akinjo in any complaints. His story really seems to be that he wanted out, and had no other mitigating circumstances.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2019, 10:01:21 PM »
When I first read the title, I thought it said Akanno transferring.  Whew.

Me three.

Glad this is all Ewing's problem. Better GT than us!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2019, 10:11:10 PM »

I cannot imagine why any school, especially a Catholic school would want this type of negative publicity and arguable why schools try very hard to make sure the right types of kids are coming to their institutions.

Sucks.  You cannot control these situations 100%, but can certainly be burned hard if the coaching staff isn’t ultra careful on who they bring on campus.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »
To be fair. The complaint alleges that Leblanc and "his friends" committed burglary, and then Leblanc threatened "bodily harm" that is documented in text messages.

Read it too.  The exact wording, in the "other information" was:

In response to the threats by Joshua LeBlanc and his two friends, my roommates and I have filed multiple police reports that are pending currently and being investigated.  We continue to fear for our personal safety and well-being

So, 2 friends (surprised only one is listed) and roommates mentioned. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:59:38 PM by rocky_warrior »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2019, 11:07:04 PM »
I cannot imagine why any school, especially a Catholic school would want this type of negative publicity and arguable why schools try very hard to make sure the right types of kids are coming to their institutions.

Yeah, the problem here is "bad publicity".

And seminaries should have been more careful about whom to admit also. An epidemic of pedophilia can result in bad publicity. Some victims, too, I guess...but the bad publicity!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:08:51 PM by Lennys Tap »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2019, 01:16:30 AM »
Read it too.  The exact wording, in the "other information" was:

So, 2 friends (surprised only one is listed) and roommates mentioned.

Myron Gardner is the "2nd" friend.  See case # "2019 CA 007444 B"

https://eaccess.dccourts.gov/eaccess/

(case # "2019 CA 007301 B" was the first I found)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2019, 01:33:15 AM »
Yeah, the problem here is "bad publicity".

And seminaries should have been more careful about whom to admit also. An epidemic of pedophilia can result in bad publicity. Some victims, too, I guess...but the bad publicity!

Excellent point. Couldn’t agree more. Yet you seem to agree that MSU is a “better program” than Marquette. Where’s the outrage at the horror show that is the entire MSU athletic department?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as your succinct and accurate reply to my original post about Virginia hoops was solely focused on uVA.

But I suspect you would say MSU is a better program than MU when it fits the narrative.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2019, 06:31:31 AM »
Really poorly handled by Georgetown. Sam Vecenie is reporting the two transfers are not linked. Akinjo just wanted to leave, but by bundling the release and letting it get out that both were kicked off the team, Akinjo got tied into Leblanc's actions. That's a really bad look.

EDIT: Worse look, crimes committed in September, restraining orders issued November 5, all the players involved played Saturday. That's bad for Ewing.

A sexual assault survivor & activist on Twitter said she worked with Georgetown on these types of issues in August and had special sessions with the athletics department. If the staff was advised how to handle these situations 3 months ago, hard to see how they will survive this.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 07:12:35 AM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2019, 07:25:01 AM »
Really poorly handled by Georgetown. Sam Vecenie is reporting the two transfers are not linked. Akinjo just wanted to leave, but by bundling the release and letting it get out that both were kicked off the team, Akinjo got tied into Leblanc's actions. That's a really bad look.

EDIT: Worse look, crimes committed in September, restraining orders issued November 5, all the players involved played Saturday. That's bad for Ewing.

A sexual assault survivor & activist on Twitter said she worked with Georgetown on these types of issues in August and had special sessions with the athletics department. If the staff was advised how to handle these situations 3 months ago, hard to see how they will survive this.

I'm going to agree with brew. This looks damn bad for the GTown program.  And if Akinjo is simply jumping off a sinking ship Georgetown's decision to include his departure in the original press release is inexcusable.  I'll ask it here first.  Does Ewing survive this?  Does he even make it to Christmas?  Does this similarly implicate the AD?  This has the potential to be very, very bad.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2019, 07:39:07 AM »
Excellent point. Couldn’t agree more. Yet you seem to agree that MSU is a “better program” than Marquette. Where’s the outrage at the horror show that is the entire MSU athletic department?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as your succinct and accurate reply to my original post about Virginia hoops was solely focused on uVA.

But I suspect you would say MSU is a better program than MU when it fits the narrative.

I was only referring to the relative strengths (i.e., success on the court) of the basketball programs.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2019, 07:46:42 AM »
I'm going to agree with brew. This looks damn bad for the GTown program.  And if Akinjo is simply jumping off a sinking ship Georgetown's decision to include his departure in the original press release is inexcusable.  I'll ask it here first.  Does Ewing survive this?  Does he even make it to Christmas?  Does this similarly implicate the AD?  This has the potential to be very, very bad.

I could see the AD escaping since they had someone addressing the staff on this specific issue just over 3 months ago and that same person is now asking "what did they know and when did they know it?"

AD could easily shift blame to the basketball staff, saying "I tried to provide education right before the season and they ignored it."
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2019, 07:53:24 AM »
All the Nojos and Sosojos (myself included) out there must admit that the fact that there hasn't been a wiff of this kind behavior/culture under his tenure is worth a lot. Although I also don't think NCAA success and clean programmes with quality kids need be mutually exclusive.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2019, 07:54:12 AM »

Jesus.  That's PR 101 bad...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2019, 08:05:59 AM »

Potentially worse look. The accuser is claiming that there were prior reports of assault on at least one of the accused. Seems to imply that university records will indicate they were aware of these prior assault accusations.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2019, 08:15:04 AM »

Wow. Horrible stuff.

I actually feel bad for Akinjo. He seemingly didn't deserve this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback