[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: ...aaaand that’s why the Hausers are no longer Warriors  (Read 16192 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: ...aaaand that’s why the Hausers are no longer Warriors
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2019, 06:10:32 AM »
Goose and Dgies,

If we had a third scoring option on Sunday (Sam), that game has a much different outcome.  That is on Wojo for either losing Sam, or not (yet) developing that talent.

Since we can’t do a damned thing about losing Sam, this season is mostly about Wojo developing as a complete coach.  He’s clearly got the recruitment piece down.  Let’s see if he can grow into a coach who can manage games better and “control” the emotions/chemistry of 18 - 22 year olds. With all the resources available to Wojo at, MU, he’s almost out of excuses. I really, really hope he makes it. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2019, 06:27:00 AM »
Real

Yes, Wojo will need to up his game a tad with this group. I do not agree he has recruiting down quite yet, but some positive signs. I am  betting the recruiting outweighs the coaching prowess this season.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2019, 07:08:35 AM »
Goose and Dgies,

If we had a third scoring option on Sunday (Sam), that game has a much different outcome.  That is on Wojo for either losing Sam, or not (yet) developing that talent.

Since we can’t do a damned thing about losing Sam, this season is mostly about Wojo developing as a complete coach.  He’s clearly got the recruitment piece down.  Let’s see if he can grow into a coach who can manage games better and “control” the emotions/chemistry of 18 - 22 year olds. With all the resources available to Wojo at, MU, he’s almost out of excuses. I really, really hope he makes it.

Brother Real:

While I agree with you on the third and even fourth scoring option, having the Brothers Hauser would not have changed a thing. Our most prolific scorers came from the 3 and 4 positions, which, in a Hausercentric world, would have occupied by the Big Hauser and the Baby Hauser.

We lost because we got almost nothing out of the center position and when Markus was shut down, Koby couldn't step up. Credit the other guys, fix the scoring problems at center and move on.

Again, we have to get over it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2019, 04:45:41 PM »
I watch him every game specifically on defense and I have no doubt you are wrong. He's not Dominic James, but he is an average defender and has become a higher effort defender every year.

Completely agree in M2M, but as part of a 2-3 zone he is absolutely a liability(not his fault, can't teach height). It's just too easy for the top of the key entry pass over Markus and increases the range that the corner men have to cover which makes the corner 3s even "easier".

Along the lines with the OP, the 2nd half of the Maryland game was an interesting coaching dilemma.....MU got back into the game somewhat when they went to 2-3 AND when Markus was on the bench. Naturally you want to get Markus back in there on O during a come back because you assume at some point he will get going. However, he didn't get going at the zone got demonstrably worse once he was in the game. IMO, there is an argument to be made that in that particular game/situation you leave Markus on the bench and see how much more the 2-3 zone and Sacar/Bailey can drive the comeback.

Personally, I think the 2-3 zone is more of a change up mode and less of a permanent solution in that game so I have no issue with putting Markus back in but I also would have gone back to M2M at that point.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
When did the Hausers leave?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
Completely agree in M2M, but as part of a 2-3 zone he is absolutely a liability(not his fault, can't teach height). It's just too easy for the top of the key entry pass over Markus and increases the range that the corner men have to cover which makes the corner 3s even "easier".

That's true. I always laughed when people suggested the answer for the 2017-18 team was to play zone. Going to zone wasn't going to add 5 inches to Rowsey or Howard.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
OMG
I know the board frowns on name calling but this warrants the exception...what an idiot!!

You name call all the time
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »
How did this make it to 4 pages?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2019, 05:25:22 PM »
When did the Hausers leave?
About 7 games before the season ended last year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
About 7 games before the season ended last year.

Someone needs to write me a letter when these things happen
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
Someone needs to write me a letter when these things happen

It was written, we were just waiting for all scoopers to sign it.  Cheeks and Lenny wouldn't agree on the wording.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2019, 06:21:03 PM »
It was written, we were just waiting for all scoopers to sign it.  Cheeks and Lenny wouldn't agree on the wording.

Cheeks insisted his signature be large enough for you to read it without your glasses and Lenny demanded the letter be unanimous
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2019, 07:07:17 PM »
Brother Real:

While I agree with you on the third and even fourth scoring option, having the Brothers Hauser would not have changed a thing. Our most prolific scorers came from the 3 and 4 positions, which, in a Hausercentric world, would have occupied by the Big Hauser and the Baby Hauser.

We lost because we got almost nothing out of the center position and when Markus was shut down, Koby couldn't step up. Credit the other guys, fix the scoring problems at center and move on.

Again, we have to get over it.

This. Totally this.

The Pining For Hauser Crew don't seem willing to get over it, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson