[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Terrap-le  (Read 34146 times)

Silent Verbal

• All American
Re: Terrap-le
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »
Yup, where he was the only real center at MU vs one of three at IU, he made that jump....and the. Nothing.  Thankfully he didn’t regress like DJ did under Buzz.

To say that James “regressed” as a senior is a big stretch and just more Buzz hate from you.  His role that year was exactly what it should’ve been—facilitator to better shooters/scorers and lockdown defender.  Yeah, his FT% was beyond the pale, but he was never a good shooter.  He certainly didn’t regress, he just gave way to players in McNeal and Matthews who by that time had established themselves as the alpha dogs.  If DJ regressed at all, that regression happened under Crean during the previous two seasons.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2019, 11:33:31 AM »
To say that James “regressed” as a senior is a big stretch and just more Buzz hate from you.  His role that year was exactly what it should’ve been—facilitator to better shooters/scorers and lockdown defender.  Yeah, his FT% was beyond the pale, but he was never a good shooter.  He certainly didn’t regress, he just gave way to players in McNeal and Matthews who by that time had established themselves as the alpha dogs.  If DJ regressed at all, that regression happened under Crean during the previous two seasons.

I would have expected his senior season to be highest in assists then...nope. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2019, 11:37:42 AM »
I would have expected his senior season to be highest in assists then...nope. 

It increased, both in APG and AST%, from his sophomore and junior years.  He also improved his shooting over his sophomore and juniors years as well, matching his freshman year EFG%.

DJ was by far having his best season since his freshman year when he got hurt.  Saying otherwise is revisionist history.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:39:20 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2019, 11:46:06 AM »

It increased, both in APG and AST%, from his sophomore and junior years.  He also improved his shooting over his sophomore and juniors years as well, matching his freshman year EFG%.

DJ was by far having his best season since his freshman year when he got hurt.  Saying otherwise is revisionist history.

Your facts are fun, Sultan, but hoopaloop doesn't care about them. He was just trying to irritate and instigate Lenny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »

But, Chico’s said senior season in terms highest in numbers of assists.  They were not as his frosh numbers were greater.  Though,  DJ obviously had a very fine senior season and was was a beast on defense.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »
But, Chico’s said senior season in terms highest in numbers of assists.  They were not as his frosh numbers were greater.  Though,  DJ obviously had a very fine senior season and was was a beast on defense.

So, he regressed under Buzz because he broke his foot and his number of assists for the season declined because he played in less games?  Makes sense to only one poster.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
So, he regressed under Buzz because he broke his foot and his number of assists for the season declined because he played in less games?  Makes sense to only one poster.
His assists per game were 5.4 as a frosh and 5.0 as a senior while his ppg dropped consistently from 15 as a frosh to 11 as a senior.  Whatever, I did say he had a very fine senior season.  No suggestion that he regressed at all.  Realistically,  despite the numbers, he was more effective as a senior as a leader.  His defense was also superb.  As to the numbers, they were what they were.  Numbers don’t always tell the whole story.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2019, 02:09:26 PM »
I wish every player at MU regressed in similar manner of D James regression. His senior year, prior to injury, was my kind of player. Watching him play D was a joy to watch.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2019, 02:12:29 PM »
His assists per game were 5.4 as a frosh and 5.0 as a senior while his ppg dropped consistently from 15 as a frosh to 11 as a senior.  Whatever, I did say he had a very fine senior season.  No suggestion that he regressed at all.  Realistically,  despite the numbers, he was more effective as a senior as a leader.  His defense was also superb.  As to the numbers, they were what they were.  Numbers don’t always tell the whole story.

And, Mo Acker transferred in.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2019, 02:20:21 PM »
And, Mo Acker transferred in.
Yup, gotta look at the whole story as I noted.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »
DJ's scoring dropped as Jerel became the all time leading scorer and Wes was unleashed.  Assist drop is nominal.  And he was playing ridiculously well as a team leader, as well as playing the beat on-ball defense from a PG that I can recall.   In short, he was becoming a complete player.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »

Cheeks made the claim that DJ "regressed under Buzz."  He played one year under Buzz.  During that year, he saw increases in his assist rate, his assists per game and his EFG% when compared to his last two years under Crean.

He didn't regress at all under Buzz.  He regressed under Crean, and then rebounded under Buzz.

Cheeks was flat out wrong.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2019, 02:49:00 PM »

Cheeks made the claim that DJ "regressed under Buzz."  He played one year under Buzz.  During that year, he saw increases in his assist rate, his assists per game and his EFG% when compared to his last two years under Crean.

He didn't regress at all under Buzz.  He regressed under Crean, and then rebounded under Buzz.

Everybody else knows.   Prepare for the carpet bombing to commence.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:14:51 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2019, 02:54:59 PM »
DJ's scoring dropped as Jerel became the all time leading scorer and Wes was unleashed.  Assist drop is nominal.  And he was playing ridiculously well as a team leader, as well as playing the beat on-ball defense from a PG that I can recall.   In short, he was becoming a complete player.

Wes made a leap as a senior as well.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2019, 03:07:28 PM »

Spot on
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »

Facts on top of facts on top of facts. Well done.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2019, 03:54:05 PM »

False. Billy and Dad have also claimed that it makes sense.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »

Never said anything about regression.  Just addressed numbers and stated that numbers do not tell the whole story and that DJ had a very nice senior season.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »

His best assists per game was his Freshman year.  I was responding to the poster saying he was merely distributing the ball that’s why his points per game came down.  Well, that’s a little odd considering his freshman year was his highest PPG and host highest APG.  Also his highest rebounds per game.  Also his highest blocks per game. 

I would argue his freshman year was his best year....feel free to think differently.

Would have been great to have Tyshawn Taylor on the team his senior year when DJ was hurt.  Since we love talking about the Hausers, let’s add that one, too.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »
I would argue his freshman year was his best year.

Nice to see you agree completely that he regressed the next two years under Crean before having a fine senior season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2019, 07:04:45 PM »

His last year under Buzz

PPG down over 8% despite playing more minutes per game
FT% way down 30%
3Pt% down 8%
Etc

I like DJ, a ton.  As a senior, I was surprised to see some of his key stats impacted to the negative.  In my opinion, his best overall year was his freshman year.  I agree that each year is different, asked to do different things, different teammates, all that goes into it as well.  Purely my opinion.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »
His last year under Buzz

FT% way down 30%
3Pt% down 8%
Etc

I like DJ, a ton.  As a senior, I was surprised to see some of his key stats impacted to the negative.  In my opinion, his best overall year was his freshman year.  I agree that each year is different, asked to do different things, different teammates, all that goes into it as well.  Purely my opinion.
His frosh season was special.  But so was his senior season in a far different way.  Screw the stats.  Had he not fractured his foot vs. UConn, MU was a Final 4 team.  Again, stats don’t tell the whole story.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2019, 07:26:31 PM »
His last year under Buzz

FT% way down 30%
3Pt% down 8%
Etc

FT%??? OMG. The facts are obvious and irrefutable. Dom arrived a stud, regressed under Crean, bounced back under Buzz. Want to ignore the facts because of your biases? Why not? It's what you do. The rest of us will LOL.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 07:35:45 PM by Lennys Tap »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2019, 07:30:01 PM »
His last year under Buzz

FT% way down 30%
3Pt% down 8%
Etc

Well, you can't blame him that the coach who recruited him and said he was with the three amigos to the end bailed on him...and DJ had to hear about it on ESPN from his coach's brother-in-law.  I am sure that sent DJ into a tailspin, especially after said coach talked him out of going pro after that great freshman season.

That douche made millions while DJ was left with latex balloons to sell.  Luckily, the coach who replaced him taught DJ his faith and the ability to forgive the crimson turncoat.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »
His best assists per game was his Freshman year.  I was responding to the poster saying he was merely distributing the ball that’s why his points per game came down.  Well, that’s a little odd considering his freshman year was his highest PPG and host highest APG.  Also his highest rebounds per game.  Also his highest blocks per game. 

I would argue his freshman year was his best year....feel free to think differently.

Would have been great to have Tyshawn Taylor on the team his senior year when DJ was hurt.  Since we love talking about the Hausers, let’s add that one, too.

Blah, blah, blah...

He did not regress under Buzz, which was your original point.

feedback