[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Thing
[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lots of predictions from April have gone south  (Read 12378 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Lots of predictions from April have gone south
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2019, 09:10:27 AM »
It’s year 6 and all were pointing to is recruiting wins.  It’s like the Crean era all over again. Except without the Wade, Travis and Final Four part.   

Wake me when something happens.

Sounds good. See ya then.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »
We are humans, and therefore we suffer from recency bias. So we still have Hausers on our brains.

But seriously, the Hausers mean no more to the the 2019-20 Warriors -- and to next season's Warriors and to the following season's Warriors -- than Odartey Blankson does. They are no more likely to walk back in that door to play for us than Blankson is. And their departure has had no more of an ill effect on recruiting than Blankson's departure did.

Of course, this is one reason fan boards were invented -- so we can whine about things that are totally out of our control.

Bring back Odartey!

If we do better without the Hausers than we were predicted to with them, then people won't bring them up much, if at all.  If we don't, people will.  Welcome to the 2019-20 season, hope you enjoy the ride.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »
If we do better without the Hausers than we were predicted to with them, then people won't bring them up much, if at all.  If we don't, people will.  Welcome to the 2019-20 season, hope you enjoy the ride.

People will bring 'em up regardless, but point well taken.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2019, 06:33:07 PM »
It’s year 6 and all we’re pointing to is recruiting wins.  It’s like the Crean era all over again. Except without the Wade, Travis and Final Four part.   

Wake me when something happens.

In year 5 we pointed to recruiting wins of Buzz...why can’t we in year 6 of Wojo, especially since so many said this wasn’t possible any longer?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2019, 07:10:55 PM »
In year 5 we pointed to recruiting wins of Buzz...why can’t we in year 6 of Wojo, especially since so many said this wasn’t possible any longer?

Well, Buzz had a few NCAA tourney wins along with his recruiting wins. I'm thinking there would be a lot less beyotching about Wojo if by Year 6 he had been to an Elite Eight and two Sweet 16s.

You and I generally agree on Wojo. Surprised you don't see the difference here.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2019, 07:37:10 PM »
especially since so many said this wasn’t possible any longer?

So many...not possible (i.e., impossible)...proof?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »
Well, Buzz had a few NCAA tourney wins along with his recruiting wins. I'm thinking there would be a lot less beyotching about Wojo if by Year 6 he had been to an Elite Eight and two Sweet 16s.

You and I generally agree on Wojo. Surprised you don't see the difference here.

I said this the other day.  If Wojo’s Warriors win two NCAA games this year, is he suddenly a good coach?  I mean do people here really believe that’s how it works?  I think some here really do, but apparently that’s all that it will take.

Buzz had a few other things along with those tourney wins, too.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »
People will bring 'em up regardless, but point well taken.

We outperform, the pro Wojo forces will be all over the "they sucked, who needed them, Joey who, Sam who" narrative.

We underperform, the anti Wojo forces will be all over the "this was devastating, we needed them, we sucked because they left" narrative.

Either way, they'll be brought up plenty.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2019, 11:22:56 PM »
I said this the other day.  If Wojo’s Warriors win two NCAA games this year, is he suddenly a good coach?  I mean do people here really believe that’s how it works?  I think some here really do, but apparently that’s all that it will take.

Buzz had a few other things along with those tourney wins, too.

Your hatred of all things Buzz has nothing to do with the discussion of why those who have been Marquette fans for the last decade aren't so willing to give Wojo the same plaudits that Buzz received 5 years into each program.

Buzz's Warriors did more than "win two NCAA tournament games." By this point in his MU coaching career, he had 8 NCAA tourney wins and a program that was nationally respected year after year.

hoopaloop, you have a way of forcing even those who generally agree with you on a point to feel like we have to refute what you say when you get lost in your silliness.

feedback