[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Give Dawson Some Love  (Read 14105 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Give Dawson Some Love
« on: November 08, 2019, 12:49:29 PM »
The biggest thing Dawson seems to like about Indiana is all the attention their fan base has given him.  He shares all the stories IU fans post on Instagram about him being at IU (and does the same for the other schools like Memphis and Minnesota, it just happens less from those fans), shares Tweets from other fan bases, etc.  Let's show this kid some love.  To me this is the biggest swing recruit in the Wojo era.  If we land him I think this program can take off.  If we don't I think we stay at the level we've been seeing the last few years.  If we land Garcia I think we'll have a real shot at Brown for 2021 and Mane for 2020.  And if we land those two look out.

Not saying be a creep and try to hunt him out based on where he's Tweeting from, but I'm guessing he'll share some Instagram pictures in a Marquette uniform (he's done so with the other 3 finalists).  Put those in your stories and let him know he's wanted here.  He seems to genuinely enjoy that kind of love and hopefully Marquette fans can make an impression on him this weekend.

Johnny B

• All American
Re: Give Dawson Some Love
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 01:00:27 PM »
I guess were part of the recruiting process now. Is that what it takes these days? Let's spam his Twitter with a bunch plz come to mu bs. I hear ya but damn. The kid knows we pack our arena.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »
I do not know who Garcia is going pick, but the 2 cities are totally different.  Does he want a big city atmosphere that just so happens has the
best player in the NBA to watch and play in the best new arena in the country,  practice in the summer with or a college town like Bloomington that would be a 12 hour drive for his parents
to watch him?  Easy 5 hour drive from Minneapolis to watch him. There are differences that is for sure.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 02:09:40 PM »
Don’t tweet at croots
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »
Isn’t this what got Pitino fired?

Mane37

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »
Done

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 05:29:28 PM »
I'll like a tweet or post, but honestly, if I'm the staff, I'm using the lesser interaction as a selling point. Yes, it’s nice to feel loved during recruiting and when you win, but what happens when you leave or lose? Those same fans that fill your mentions now will increase that tenfold with abuse.

Yes, there were some distasteful public comments when the Hausers left, but I would consider the general social media restraint by Marquette fans to be a point of pride, especially compared to how one other local school in particular responds when recruits pick another school (Herro is still getting abuse from Badger fans).

Social media love is fickle. We don't have Indiana's fanbase, and no matter what people say about Scoop, I'm convinced we're also far less creepy.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Scat

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 05:33:58 PM »
I do not know who Garcia is going pick, but the 2 cities are totally different.  Does he want a big city atmosphere that just so happens has the
best player in the NBA to watch and play in the best new arena in the country,  practice in the summer with or a college town like Bloomington that would be a 12 hour drive for his parents
to watch him?  Easy 5 hour drive from Minneapolis to watch him. There are differences that is for sure.
If only there were high speed rail between Milwaukee and Minneapolis. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »
I guess were part of the recruiting process now. Is that what it takes these days? Let's spam his Twitter with a bunch plz come to mu bs. I hear ya but damn. The kid knows we pack our arena.

Is it illegal for Wojo to get a server farm in China to create a few thousand fake accounts to flood his social media with love?

It's very cheap.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:16:07 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
The biggest thing Dawson seems to like about Indiana is all the attention their fan base has given him.  He shares all the stories IU fans post on Instagram about him being at IU (and does the same for the other schools like Memphis and Minnesota, it just happens less from those fans), shares Tweets from other fan bases, etc.  Let's show this kid some love.  To me this is the biggest swing recruit in the Wojo era.  If we land him I think this program can take off.  If we don't I think we stay at the level we've been seeing the last few years.  If we land Garcia I think we'll have a real shot at Brown for 2021 and Mane for 2020.  And if we land those two look out.

Not saying be a creep and try to hunt him out based on where he's Tweeting from, but I'm guessing he'll share some Instagram pictures in a Marquette uniform (he's done so with the other 3 finalists).  Put those in your stories and let him know he's wanted here.  He seems to genuinely enjoy that kind of love and hopefully Marquette fans can make an impression on him this weekend.

Not a chance in hell I am doing this
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 06:44:39 PM »
I'm just going to send him MU Scoop links with only favorable posts

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 06:46:34 PM »
Agreed he seems to put alot of stock into his twitter n instagram responses. Take 5 secs and give a shout out.

Chicos u r a straight loser, u will message and join any board under the planet to pontificate ur douchebaggery but then take ur almighty stand against taking 5 seconds to hit up a huge recruit.  Keep being u, prolly why no one can stand u.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 06:55:15 PM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »
Agreed he seems to put alot of stock into his twitter n instagram responses. Take 5 secs and give a shout out.

Chicos u r a straight loser, u will message and join any board under the planet to pontificate ur douchebaggery but then take ur almighty stand against taking 5 seconds to hit up a huge recruit.  Keep being u, prolly why no one can stand u.

Are you seriously over 40 years old?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »
Dearest Dawson,

I am writing this affirmation to you in order to let you know I would greatly appreciate it if you brought your talents to Marquette University, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It would be, as the kids say, "dope," if you were to make the most honorable decision to matriculate at Marquette University. I would greatly cheer you on at the basketball contests and onto victory.

Ever Sincere,

Jake Barnes
Basketball Booster
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »

You can’t be serious, Clark. Grow the F up.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 09:47:51 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 09:53:10 PM »

#thanksscooter

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 09:56:14 PM »
Not a chance in hell I am doing this

Seconded.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 11:03:19 PM »

LOL.  I don’t stalk 17 year olds...period.  You be you, but I won’t do it.  Instead I prefer talking to MATURE people like yourself here on Scoop.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 01:46:49 AM »
By the way, contacting him directly, if you are a booster, is a violation. St Mary's got hit with this a few years ago. Plus, it’s just creepy as hell.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 03:37:56 AM »
Thx Sybil
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 08:10:22 AM »
Are you seriously over 40 years old?

Only chronologically.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 09:49:23 AM »

Nah instead we got a freaking trolley

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 11:00:14 AM »
In before the deletion.

feedback