'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Lets talk Purdue  (Read 19745 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Lets talk Purdue
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
Scoop will complain about anything.

I mean, its a pretty legit thing to complain about.  The opening week schedule was atrocious. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
Not on a Sunday when the Packers have a bye.    ;D

A significant portion of Marquette fans don't give a flying fu** about the Packers. 

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2019, 12:58:16 PM »
We need to stay out of Haarms way.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
A significant portion of Marquette fans don't give a flying fu** about the Packers.

Buuuuut, a significant portion of Marquette fans do give a flying fu** about the packers.   

Although this feels way too early in the season for this game, I'm glad it fills this gap I have in my Sundays.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2019, 01:06:12 PM »
Buuuuut, a significant portion of Marquette fans do give a flying fu** about the packers.   

Although this feels way too early in the season for this game, I'm glad it fills this gap I have in my Sundays.

Sure, but as you said, still wayyyy to early for this game, and also removes 1 of the biggest games of the year from the national spotlight.  No casual fans are tuning into Marquette-Wisconsin instead of NFL at noon on a Sunday.  Playing this game on a Sunday is a schedule failure. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2019, 01:15:47 PM »
I mean, its a pretty legit thing to complain about.  The opening week schedule was atrocious.

Marquette doesn't schedule the Gavitt Games, you know?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
Marquette doesn't schedule the Gavitt Games, you know?

Yah, I am aware.  I am talking about the week leading up to the Purdue game.  Ya know, where we only played 1 game against a crapty team and pretty much all major teams have already played 2 or 3 games. 

Should be interesting playing a Purdue team that has already been battle tested. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »
Yah, I am aware.  I am talking about the week leading up to the Purdue game.  Ya know, where we only played 1 game against a crapty team and pretty much all major teams have already played 2 or 3 games. 

Should be interesting playing a Purdue team that has already been battle tested.

So your complaint is Marquette isn't "battle tested" enough to play Purdue?
But, if MU had played another P6 school over the weekend, wouldn't they have lacked "battle testedness" for that game instead?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2019, 02:13:24 PM »
If we say power 6 dont we have to be honest and say power 7?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2019, 02:18:05 PM »

Who's the 7th?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »

ACC
Big 10
Big 12
Big East
Pac 12
SEC

Who am I missing?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »
AAC closer to power conference than they are closer to the rest you could argue. Ehhh.. big east is way ahead this year. With uconn leaving yeah idk. On second thought nvm..
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:36:12 PM by Johnny B »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
So your complaint is Marquette isn't "battle tested" enough to play Purdue?
But, if MU had played another P6 school over the weekend, wouldn't they have lacked "battle testedness" for that game instead?

If they played another team this weekend, chances are it would have been that teams first game against a real opponent.

It is what it is, but the early season schedule was poorly structured.  There was no good reason to not a have a game last weekend. 

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
If they played another team this weekend, chances are it would have been that teams first game against a real opponent.

It is what it is, but the early season schedule was poorly structured.  There was no good reason to not a have a game last weekend.

Unless it was an away game, they'd have had to play vs. robot dinosaurs.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »

Scrimmaging almighty I4 has probably toughened us up for any competition we might face this year a1na
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »

Fiserv was booked all weekend.
So, I suppose they could have played a cupcake at the Al, taken a loss on it and not be any better prepared for Purdue.

Either way, they were going to have to play a P6 team at some point without having been previously "battle tested," whether that was over the weekend or Wednesday against Purdue.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2019, 02:43:48 PM »
Fiserv was booked all weekend.
So, I suppose they could have played a cupcake at the Al, taken a loss on it and not be any better prepared for Purdue.

Either way, they were going to have to play a P6 team at some point without having been previously "battle tested," whether that was over the weekend or Wednesday against Purdue.

You're choosing to ignore that the other team has / or has not played a real opponent.  But whatever, clearly we disagree but it is what it is. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2019, 03:01:52 PM »
Options for game between Loyola and Purdue.  1.  Road game.  2.  Game at the Al.  Road game has to be against a P6 school.  Game at the Al ticks off the STH's. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2019, 03:11:17 PM »
Options for game between Loyola and Purdue.  1.  Road game.  2.  Game at the Al.  Road game has to be against a P6 school.  Game at the Al ticks off the STH's.

Start a 3 or 4 for 1 with UWM or Green Bay.  Play first year on the road. 

Or start another home and home with a real opponent.

Boom - solved. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »
Start a 3 or 4 for 1 at UWM or Green Bay.  Play first year on the road. 

Or start another home and home with a real opponent.

Boom - solved.

You want to commit to a four-year deal with a non-buy game opponent that includes a road game - all of which probably eliminates a home-and-home with a good team -  just to avoid a single weekend without a game?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:16:49 PM by Pakuni »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2019, 03:23:57 PM »
More time to heal and less games to miss for Jayce.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure why the lack of a game this weekend really matters in the end.  And no, playing a 3 for 1 with UWM or GB is a non-starter.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2019, 04:45:36 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure why the lack of a game this weekend really matters in the end.  And no, playing a 3 for 1 with UWM or GB is a non-starter.

People (myself included) are just hungry for MU ball.  When almost every other team has already played 2-3 games and the only one we’ve played was against the Little Sisters of the Poor on a TV network that reached fewer sets than a backwoods public access channel, I understand the frustration.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »
People (myself included) are just hungry for MU ball.  When almost every other team has already played 2-3 games and the only one we’ve played was against the Little Sisters of the Poor on a TV network that reached fewer sets than a backwoods public access channel, I understand the frustration.

We will get the games in. Don’t worry.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2019, 05:06:31 PM »

Sure, I get that. It's just not a big "fail" on the program's behalf because they couldn't get a game in this weekend, largely due to circumstances beyond their control.