Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321707 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1725 on: February 12, 2020, 02:01:30 PM »
He's not that well informed.

Not true. If you don't believe him, just ask him.

Wow, that's a pretty gutsy article for a school newspaper.

Darn well-written for a student IMHO.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1726 on: February 12, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty gutsy article for a school newspaper. The comments are interesting...especially the aggressive one from Leitao's SISTER.

Gotta love her attacking a student writer and asking why he’s not at a bigger sports school. Does she not realize it’s a student paper, and thinks he’s a beat writer? Or better yet, does she think student paper sportswriters are recruited from the very competitive HS newspaper ranks?

JLP has convinced DePaul’s administration that the success of their athletic department as a whole is more important than the success of their most visible and highest revenue generating sport. Unless something drastic changes with that mindset, or they somehow have their BEast membership in jeopardy as a result of basketball failures (which won’t happen), nothing will change. She’s a made man

Ray Foye Combo

• Walk-On
« Reply #1727 on: February 12, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »
Nova fan checking in.

Tell Markus Howard to leave us alone tonight.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1728 on: February 12, 2020, 02:38:11 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty gutsy article for a school newspaper. The comments are interesting...especially the aggressive one from Leitao's SISTER. What a mess that program is. JLP the AD is very well liked by the administration from what I have heard, and frankly, she must be because under any semi-objective standard it is amazing that she has held that job as long as she has.

DePaul has been in nearly every game this year....better than they have been in the past.  They cannot close out games.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1729 on: February 12, 2020, 02:38:15 PM »
and i thought putting up a "fire wojo" sign in dorm window was gutsy...let freedom ring, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1730 on: February 12, 2020, 02:39:00 PM »
Nova fan checking in.

Tell Markus Howard to leave us alone tonight.

The same message for Bay.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1731 on: February 12, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »
The same message for Bay.

Actually I'd turn it towards Samuels, please don't let him torch them from 3 like he's the second coming of Steve Novak again...thank you.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1732 on: February 12, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »
why did sue leitao -

1)peak behind the curtain

2)sign her name(if it really is sue leitao)

3)even bother to try to support her husband cuz ya know no one ever wins that argument on social media

4)gotta "man up" sue, this comes with the territory
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1733 on: February 12, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »
Gotta love her attacking a student writer and asking why he’s not at a bigger sports school. Does she not realize it’s a student paper, and thinks he’s a beat writer? Or better yet, does she think student paper sportswriters are recruited from the very competitive HS newspaper ranks?

JLP has convinced DePaul’s administration that the success of their athletic department as a whole is more important than the success of their most visible and highest revenue generating sport. Unless something drastic changes with that mindset, or they somehow have their BEast membership in jeopardy as a result of basketball failures (which won’t happen), nothing will change. She’s a made man

Is it really his sister?  Or someone pranking?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1734 on: February 12, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »
Is it really his sister?  Or someone pranking?

No idea. His wife’s name is Joyce. So sister seemed to even a reasonable guess, given how passionately they attacked the writer and defended Leitao, given nobody else in the comments was. If it was a prank or a troll, you’d think it would be more funny or sarcastic than completely defensive

Ray Foye Combo

• Walk-On
« Reply #1735 on: February 12, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
I will throw in my 2 cents. Markus is the best player in the conference and should win POY over Powell or Bey or whoever else. His ability to score is just plain ridiculous.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1736 on: February 12, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
Thank you for coming here with class and good cheer.   Your coach and program are models for the rest of the conference and most of us have nothing but respect and admiration for both

But... Still want to kick your butt tonight.   As it should be.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #1737 on: February 12, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »
No idea. His wife’s name is Joyce. So sister seemed to even a reasonable guess, given how passionately they attacked the writer and defended Leitao, given nobody else in the comments was. If it was a prank or a troll, you’d think it would be more funny or sarcastic than completely defensive

He does have a sister named Susan.

From a news article:

Leitao's parents were born in the United States, but his father lived most of his childhood in the Cape Verde Islands off the coast of Senegal. A son after four daughters, Dave was born 45 years ago next month in New Bedford, Mass. His parents divorced when he was little, but Leitao described his household as "very normal, very loving."

Being the only boy in that household wasn't easy.

"He was kind of a mama's boy," said Susan, one of his sisters. "Our father wasn't around too much, and he always clung to our mother."

Sports became the family's way. Two of his sisters, Susan and Diane, earned college scholarships in basketball. Susan starred at California State and later played professionally in France. Diane played at Providence in the mid-1970s.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1738 on: February 12, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »
I would be surprised if his sister is really doing that. 

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #1739 on: February 12, 2020, 03:51:05 PM »
why did sue leitao -

1)peak behind the curtain

Don't know.
I mean, in the classier joints, they give you your own room for that.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #1740 on: February 12, 2020, 04:02:28 PM »
Chicos and hoopaloop have argued it, so that is "some". I believe we were ranked #16 before the tourney, so we were safely in.

6 independents invited.   With Notre Dame ranked #15, Marquette #16 and Detroit #17 being the bottom three.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1741 on: February 12, 2020, 05:45:57 PM »
I would be surprised if his sister is really doing that.

It's not common, but there are some crazy family members out there. Patrick Reed's wife comes to mind.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1742 on: February 12, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »
plus, the announcement was made before the team lost the finale to Michigan.

All but two losses were to ranked teams but only two wins going into the tourney were over ranked teams.
The announcement was made during the halftime of the Michigan game. MU was up (10 points?) at halftime. I always wondered if the selection committee based their decision on the fact it looked like we were going to win.We basically fell apart after we found out we were in the tournament.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1743 on: February 12, 2020, 06:01:03 PM »
I will throw in my 2 cents. Markus is the best player in the conference and should win POY over Powell or Bey or whoever else. His ability to score is just plain ridiculous.
The first 35 minutes of a game Markus is better. The last five minutes of a game Powell is better. Once Seton Hall gets in the bonus Powell just punishes the opposition with physical offensive plays.

I actually thought Powell was better than Markus last year, because he would outplay Markus when they met. Ponds would also outplay Markus. I glad Markus won most valuable player last year, but I thought he was the third best guard in the conference.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1744 on: February 12, 2020, 06:22:46 PM »
Halftime
Butler 32 Xavier 23 on CBSSN

Creighton 41 Seton Hall 39 on FS1
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1745 on: February 12, 2020, 06:43:02 PM »
The first 35 minutes of a game Markus is better. The last five minutes of a game Powell is better. Once Seton Hall gets in the bonus Powell just punishes the opposition with physical offensive plays.

I actually thought Powell was better than Markus last year, because he would outplay Markus when they met. Ponds would also outplay Markus. I glad Markus won most valuable player last year, but I thought he was the third best guard in the conference.

Seems like more incorrect eye test nonsense. Already been dispelled on here that Markus is just as good down the stretch as Powell.

Ponds had better games comparatively cause SJU was a HORRIBLE matchup for Markus and Marquette as a whole.

Markus outplayed Powell in Milwaukee last year, and Powell outplayed him in Newark. That BET game was indicative of nothing other than an out of control clown show. Nobody in the country outside of the tri-state, and apparently you, thought Powell was better than Howard last year, much less Ponds.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1746 on: February 12, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »
Creighton offense is very good.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #1747 on: February 12, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »
Man, a Creighton win here would be huge.  I don't expect Marquette to win out but, it would be nice to get a win tonight and have the double reward of essentially having our own destiny back in our hands.  Tonight is the last game of the season where we will be underdogs (per KenPom).  A Creighton and Marquette win brings us back into the conference race.  It's All Still Possible!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1748 on: February 12, 2020, 06:58:08 PM »
Creighton offense is very good.

And getting zilch from their 3rd leading scorer so far. Impressive

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #1749 on: February 12, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
A bit shocked that they are hanging in there so tough with the Ballock goose-egg.  While the 3rd leading scorer, his contributions are greater.  I always saw him as Creighton's Sam Hauser.  Mr. Basketball in Kansas and turned down KU for CU

feedback