Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321470 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1500 on: February 01, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »
X up 14 with 4 minutes to go.

McKnight went out for the Hall with a knee injury.

Second straight game X benefited from a good player on its opponent having to leave with an injury. This time, they were able to take advantage.

SH didn't have anybody as good as Koby or Sacar to step up. They only had Powell!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1501 on: February 01, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »
Second straight game X benefited from a good player on its opponent having to leave with an injury. This time, they were able to take advantage.

SH didn't have anybody as good as Koby or Sacar to step up. They only had Powell!

You going to say this on every thread??

You’re acting like this wasn’t wire to wire domination and that McKnight got hurt at the tip
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1502 on: February 01, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »
You going to say this on every thread??

You’re acting like this wasn’t wire to wire domination and that McKnight got hurt at the tip

I said it on 2 threads. Which I guess is every.

SH missed McNight, but X played so well it probably made no difference. Just interesting to me that the same team benefited in two consecutive games from its opponent losing a good player. It's sports. Stuff happens.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1503 on: February 01, 2020, 12:16:56 PM »
I said it on 2 threads. Which I guess is every.

SH missed McNight, but X played so well it probably made no difference. Just interesting to me that the same team benefited in two consecutive games from its opponent losing a good player. It's sports. Stuff happens.

But they didnt miss him. X was in control before his injury and stayed in control after.

They will miss him, but this was a loss either way.

Much, much different then Markus going down with 12 minutes to play in a game that had been a complete battle for 28 min.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1504 on: February 01, 2020, 12:21:32 PM »
But they didnt miss him. X was in control before his injury and stayed in control after.

Much, much different then Markus going down with 12 minutes to play in a game that had been a complete battle for 28 min.

Seton Hall did close within 7-8 on at least a couple of occasions. You don't think McNight might have helped extend that rally?

Look, I'm not willing to die on this hill. You don't think there's any way possible McNight might have helped. That's cool. We disagree. But I do agree with you that it's different than us missing Markus, who is an All-American. Us winning on the road without the nation's leading scorer was outstanding, and a testimony to the heart of Wojo's team.

You are free to have the last word if you want. I gotta go get ready to cheer on our Warriors.

We Are Marquette!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1505 on: February 01, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »
Seton Hall did close within 7-8 on at least a couple of occasions. You don't think McNight might have helped extend that rally?

Look, I'm not willing to die on this hill. You don't think there's any way possible McNight might have helped. That's cool. We disagree. But I do agree with you that it's different than us missing Markus, who is an All-American. Us winning on the road without the nation's leading scorer was outstanding, and a testimony to the heart of Wojo's team.

You are free to have the last word if you want. I gotta go get ready to cheer on our Warriors.

We Are Marquette!

I'm just stating what the game showed. And not trying to discredit one of the leagues best wins so far(which also ultimately helps us)

X answered every run and McKnight got hurt when down 11.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #1506 on: February 01, 2020, 12:47:06 PM »
Creighton continues to impress. Up 9 at Nova with 2:45 to go.

They are good

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1507 on: February 01, 2020, 12:52:29 PM »
No, MU lost to them because MU is bad, not because Creighton is good.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1508 on: February 01, 2020, 12:52:52 PM »
Doesn't Villanova know that they should EXPECT to win at home and there is NO EXCUSE for losing to a team that they are BETTER than AT HOME???

/end guru
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #1509 on: February 01, 2020, 12:59:14 PM »

But in the X thread you agreed with MU82 and said SH was going to win when C was  up by a lot.  So...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1510 on: February 01, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
But in the X thread you agreed with MU82 and said SH was going to win when up by a lot.  So...

Yeah I thought they were going to comeback......right after hafltime.......when they were on a 20-5 run. X immediately answered....then they answered again.....and again........then McKnight got hurt......with 6 min left.....which was 2 more points and 13 less minutes to work with....

So...

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1511 on: February 01, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »
Creighton continues to impress. Up 9 at Nova with 2:45 to go.

They are good

Yes. Creighton was a 7 point underdog. Massively outperformed that line. Dominated Nova.

Nova is not the Nova of past. AP ranking irrelevant - they are probably a 25-30ish

Creighton very well may be best team in league...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1512 on: February 01, 2020, 02:13:37 PM »
Big win for X
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1513 on: February 01, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
The home team either lost, or is currently losing in every Big East game today.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1514 on: February 01, 2020, 03:21:55 PM »
Solid win for Cooley & Company
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #1515 on: February 01, 2020, 03:22:44 PM »
That Providence win should help the conference bigly.  Move them up a quad (or get them closer)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1516 on: February 01, 2020, 04:19:59 PM »
Great day for the league with the road wins. I think net overall it helps the cause for all.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1517 on: February 01, 2020, 05:16:28 PM »
Denzel Mahoney has been a nice addition to the Creighton roster . He has length and a big body to go along with scoring skills .

Good win for the Blue Jays today over Nova.

---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1518 on: February 01, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »
Yeah I thought they were going to comeback......right after hafltime.......when they were on a 20-5 run. X immediately answered....then they answered again.....and again........then McKnight got hurt......with 6 min left.....which was 2 more points and 13 less minutes to work with....

So...

PGsHeroes32 is Dodds, confirmed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1519 on: February 01, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »
Great day for the league with the road wins. I think net overall it helps the cause for all.

Thank goodness Wojo's team held serve at home.

Great win for our Warriors on a day that other teams lost games they NEVER SHOULD HAVE.

Lotsa coaches gotta get fired today, but I guess that means Wojo gets a raise?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1520 on: February 01, 2020, 05:59:13 PM »
PGsHeroes32 is Dodds, confirmed.

That guy thought Sandy Cohen was NBA

I thought Sandy Cohen was our 10th best player

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1521 on: February 01, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »
Today was definitely the best of all worlds for MU. Our resume keeps improving. The rest of our schedule should be all Q1 and Q2 now. Plenty of opportunities for quality wins .

We also want the league as a whole to be as strong as possible .  More teams in tournament means more money and more visibility  for the league .

---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1522 on: February 01, 2020, 07:19:13 PM »
Doesn't Villanova know that they should EXPECT to win at home and there is NO EXCUSE for losing to a team that they are BETTER than AT HOME???

/end guru

Aren't you adorable.. How about you just give it a rest. It's about what MU should do...always. What other teams may or may not do is TOTALLY irrelevant...got it?? How does Nova losing at home to a GOOD Creighton team have any bearing on whether or not there would have been NO EXCUSE for MU to lose to last place DuhPaul at home today??

It's like trying to use the transitive property. Because Nova loses at home to a GOOD basketball team, there should be no excuse for that. Wrong. What happened today?? MU played bad...they couldn't shoot. Guess what happened?? THEY STILL WON. You know why?? Because as I said, they were never going to lose and if they had, there would have been no excuse for it..NONE whatsoever.

Even though you and others would have shrugged your shoulders and said "eh, no big deal, it happens". Whatever.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #1523 on: February 02, 2020, 12:04:14 AM »
Aren't you adorable.. How about you just give it a rest. It's about what MU should do...always. What other teams may or may not do is TOTALLY irrelevant...got it?? How does Nova losing at home to a GOOD Creighton team have any bearing on whether or not there would have been NO EXCUSE for MU to lose to last place DuhPaul at home today??

It's like trying to use the transitive property. Because Nova loses at home to a GOOD basketball team, there should be no excuse for that. Wrong. What happened today?? MU played bad...they couldn't shoot. Guess what happened?? THEY STILL WON. You know why?? Because as I said, they were never going to lose and if they had, there would have been no excuse for it..NONE whatsoever.

Even though you and others would have shrugged your shoulders and said "eh, no big deal, it happens". Whatever.

hook, line, and sinker
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #1524 on: February 02, 2020, 12:34:51 AM »
Today was definitely the best of all worlds for MU. Our resume keeps improving. The rest of our schedule should be all Q1 and Q2 now. Plenty of opportunities for quality wins .

We also want the league as a whole to be as strong as possible .  More teams in tournament means more money and more visibility  for the league .

BE had a great non-con but it really separated into a clear top and bottom half in the first half of conference play. It was inevitable that since the calendar turned over to 2020, the BE teams collectively would go .500 the rest of the way (with the exception of those random Nova non-con games). However, it'd be nice to see either Providence and/or Xavier make a bit of a run and get in the tournament. Seven teams is the max this year with five being the most likely. A decent chance at six.

feedback