[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321835 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #1100 on: December 31, 2019, 09:41:41 PM »
Really unprepared for that last possession

Where the hell was Dunn going? Casually dribbles out to midcourt with team down 2 and just a few seconds left.

St John's still had a time-out. I guess Anderson was saving it for next game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #1101 on: December 31, 2019, 10:01:44 PM »
I guess when you ignore half their losses their resume really does look better.

Seton Hall is overrated and DePaul sucks because DePaul.  Got it.  If Marquette goes 4-0 against those teams in conference play, I’ll expect no hubris from you, no slurpery whatsoever.  Anything more than a shrug of the shoulders should be deemed hypocrisy.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1102 on: December 31, 2019, 11:50:43 PM »
It was stated in November from him how good the Big East is on ESPN. Glad he is still saying it.

Jon Rothstein had one pimping the Big East the other day as the best conference.

Yeah, I caught the one in November by Seth, but missed any others. 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1103 on: January 01, 2020, 06:57:00 AM »
Seton Hall is overrated and DePaul sucks because DePaul.  Got it.  If Marquette goes 4-0 against those teams in conference play, I’ll expect no hubris from you, no slurpery whatsoever.  Anything more than a shrug of the shoulders should be deemed hypocrisy.

Seton Hall is the same as last year. A decent team that can play with the big boys when Powell is on, but ultimately a middle of the league team. DePaul is improved, but not to the point where you stake your pride for the season on it.

Beating DePaul is a nice win, but it certainly doesn't validate the preposterous Seton Hall preseason love fest, which was basically what GA was pointing out.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1104 on: January 01, 2020, 07:38:47 AM »
I hope MU sees this...The best back court in the conference?? You sure Jon??

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h
The Big East is the best conference in college basketball and the league's best back court resides in Omaha.

If you don't know about Creighton's perimeter, you will soon.

Jays host Marquette in their Big East opener.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: January 01, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »
Their second best win in your eyes just lost to Florida A&M. Bummer.

Welp...Iowa State is still a better win than our second best win.  Bummer. 

Think it is silly to diss Seton Hall, when our MU team is largely untested.  Our resume is pretty thin at this point.  1-2 against Top 50 teams.

Seton Hall is the same as last year. A decent team that can play with the big boys when Powell is on, but ultimately a middle of the league team. DePaul is improved, but not to the point where you stake your pride for the season on it.

Beating DePaul is a nice win, but it certainly doesn't validate the preposterous Seton Hall preseason love fest, which was basically what GA was pointing out.

Sure.  You could say the same about Marquette.  When our all-time leading scorer and our soon to be two-time All-American is off, we are middle of the league team at best.  Not sure anyone was suggesting Seton Hall was "staking their pride for the season" on beating DePaul?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1106 on: January 01, 2020, 11:42:59 AM »
Not sure why an honest assessment of Seton Hall has to be accompanied by a comparison to Marquette's accomplishments.  Brew never made the comparison in the first place.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1107 on: January 01, 2020, 11:58:18 AM »
Not sure why an honest assessment of Seton Hall has to be accompanied by a comparison to Marquette's accomplishments.  Brew never made the comparison in the first place.

It’s a chance for Ners to dunk on Wojo. It’s what he does. Can’t pass up an opportunity no matter how irrational it is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1108 on: January 01, 2020, 12:31:10 PM »
Upset of the year. Iowa State was a 25 point favorite.

Doesn’t excuse losing to Florida A&M but ISU was without Halliburton
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1109 on: January 01, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
Doesn’t excuse losing to Florida A&M but ISU was without Halliburton
That is still pretty bad. Iowa State was up by 9 points at halftime.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1110 on: January 01, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
That is still pretty bad. Iowa State was up by 9 points at halftime.
The silver lining in the cloud is that right now Florida A and M has best NET ranking in the MEAC(235), if they are able to win their league in dominating fashion  it is could be possible that they may move up to a Q3 win for The Hall, Kansas State and USC.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1111 on: January 01, 2020, 01:27:42 PM »
Some interesting quotes from Willard in this research report.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/12/30/seton-hall-depaul-basketball/2768811001/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1112 on: January 01, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »

Other than the fact we are a Marquette message board, and play in the same conference as Seton Hall - yea, there's no point in contrasting MU to Seton Hall. 

It’s a chance for Ners to dunk on Wojo. It’s what he does. Can’t pass up an opportunity no matter how irrational it is.

I'm not "dunking on Wojo."  Stop being so sensitive.  What's "irrational" about pointing out the facts between Seton Hall and MU's performance?  Hall/Willard have outperformed MU since Wojo took over. Is what it is.  Hopefully we once again begin to dominate them as we did under Buzz.   

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1113 on: January 01, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
Other than the fact we are a Marquette message board, and play in the same conference as Seton Hall - yea, there's no point in contrasting MU to Seton Hall. 

I'm not "dunking on Wojo."  Stop being so sensitive.  What's "irrational" about pointing out the facts between Seton Hall and MU's performance?  Hall/Willard have outperformed MU since Wojo took over. Is what it is.  Hopefully we once again begin to dominate them as we did under Buzz.

Nobody was talking about Marquette’s resume or claiming Marquette is better positioned, has better wins or better losses, etc. Until you decided to jump in with your faux outrage. And now you’re (SHOCKINGLY) turning it into Buzz vs. Wojo. Great! You’ve never done that before!

Sounds like a guy who’s not desperately trying to dunk on Wojo like you do all the poor souls at the Y and the Rec back in the day. My apologies, I was wrong.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 04:52:36 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1114 on: January 01, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h
The Big East is the best conference in college basketball and the league's best back court resides in Omaha.

Creighton??  Mr rothstein sounds like skippy clueless.  Not only are his home team colors showing, but his ignorance or clickbait comment about big East being the best conference?  I’d love for that to be a fact but the big 10 has 11 teams in the top 50.  Big East has 6 I believe.
don't...don't don't don't don't

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1115 on: January 01, 2020, 05:13:53 PM »
Creighton??  Mr rothstein sounds like skippy clueless.  Not only are his home team colors showing, but his ignorance or clickbait comment about big East being the best conference?  I’d love for that to be a fact but the big 10 has 11 teams in the top 50.  Big East has 6 I believe.

The big 10 also has a couple absolute trainwrecks.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1116 on: January 01, 2020, 05:15:19 PM »
The big 10 also has a couple absolute trainwrecks.

Bucky is probably a caboose in their own league
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1117 on: January 01, 2020, 05:16:55 PM »

Ners...Houston still going well?

Seton Hall when Willard took over he went to one NIT and no ncaas in hist first five years.  Now four straight ncaas...they were patient with hi despite fan cries...this is why if you believe in coaches, stick with them.  Buzz went up against a different Seton Hall program than Wojo has.  Just as the DePaul program is about to be much different than the one Crean and Buzz faced. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Sixteen2One

• Walk-On
« Reply #1118 on: January 01, 2020, 05:57:04 PM »

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
1h

I think Zegarowski has a outside chance at BE POY. He has really came into his own this year.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #1119 on: January 01, 2020, 06:14:43 PM »

I didn't know elonmusk was Ners. Now I understand the fanboy act. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1120 on: January 01, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
Zegarowski is really good and Alexander was already a stud last year. We have the most quality depth, Xavier & Seton Hall would probably make arguments for themselves, but as far as a starting pair, I might agree with Rothstein.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1124 on: January 03, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »
Seton Hall up 40-22 at home against Ewing & Associates. 2:00 left first
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback