'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321786 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Big East Non Conference Results
« Reply #925 on: December 21, 2019, 11:27:53 PM »
Big East Conference had a huge day the first Saturday in December as well.
December 7th

Marquette over Kansas State
Georgetown over SMU
Butler over Florida
Xavier over Cincinnati
St. John's over West Virginia
Creighton over Nebraska
Villanova over St. Joe's

7-0 again today. 6 were real games. 4 were underdogs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:34:01 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #926 on: December 22, 2019, 08:25:47 AM »
Great day for the BE! Add MU's Friday win and we have an 8-0 weekend.

With only 5 remaining non conference ( 4 cupcakes + TCU ) games before the start of BE conference play on 12/30, what are your (updated) conference predictions for Marquette in particular and the BE in general after seeing the teams in action?

I have great respect for Brew's analysis, so I am especially interested in knowing if his appraisals of the teams has changed significantly. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 09:32:21 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #927 on: December 22, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Great day for the BE! Add MU's Friday win and we have an 8-0 weekend.

With only 5 remaining non conference ( all cupcakes) games before the start of BE conference play on 12/30, what are your (updated) conference predictions for Marquette in particular and the BE in general after seeing the teams in action?

I have great respect for Brew's analysis, so I am especially interested in knowing if his appraisals of the teams has changed significantly.

10 way tie with everyone having a 9-9 record.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #928 on: December 22, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »
I’d take 10-8 in a heart beat.  All teams that make the tournament from this conference will be battle tested and ready to do some damage in March.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #929 on: December 22, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »

We may not have the elite teams, but there is no easy out.  Going to be an absolute war.

After yesterday, I'm starting to think that there aren't any elite teams in any conference. Villanova knocked off #1 and will keep improving, Butler's already top ten, and I think we'll keep improving. It might be hard for any team in our league to get a 1 seed, which is unfortunate for matchups in the tournament, but I also don't think there will be much drop off from 1 to 3 seeds.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #930 on: December 22, 2019, 10:01:23 AM »
After yesterday, I'm starting to think that there aren't any elite teams in any conference. Villanova knocked off #1 and will keep improving, Butler's already top ten, and I think we'll keep improving. It might be hard for any team in our league to get a 1 seed, which is unfortunate for matchups in the tournament, but I also don't think there will be much drop off from 1 to 3 seeds.

Agree with this
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #931 on: December 22, 2019, 10:39:50 AM »
Big East was pretty deep last season.

May have been pretty deep, but the league was weak last year, evidenced by both KenPom end of year ratings - a distant 5th - and zero NCAA tourney success.

Think the league will do better this year in NCAA, and CBB is slightly down this year over last.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #932 on: December 22, 2019, 12:13:37 PM »
Nova has two non con games left with U Conn and Temple later this year . If they can win those that will be helpful to the cause.

X needs to beat TCU today

All remaining cupcakes games need to be won big

Overall goal is to get as many Big East teams in tournament for money making purposes. The more The Big East wins in the tournament the more money made.

More quality teams in league increases the chances for better seeds .

Visibility of having lots of teams in bracket also helps recruiting etc

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #933 on: December 22, 2019, 12:30:39 PM »
Imagine believing the Big East isn’t a top-5 conference in the country.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #934 on: December 22, 2019, 12:42:40 PM »
Imagine believing the Big East isn’t a top-5 conference in the country.

Sad,y there are posters on this board that think this, let alone on other boards which I would expect.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #935 on: December 22, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »
May have been pretty deep, but the league was weak last year, evidenced by both KenPom end of year ratings - a distant 5th - and zero NCAA tourney success.

Think the league will do better this year in NCAA, and CBB is slightly down this year over last.

Of course it is how one wants to look at it. Weak it was not! Having 9 of 10 teams in the ncaa/nit is pretty excellent in a so-called down year.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #936 on: December 22, 2019, 01:02:40 PM »
There is an argument for 7 teams to be ranked tomorrow. And one the three that shouldn’t be ranked opened the year in the top 10. Crazy good conference. Would love to see 8/10 teams in the dance.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #937 on: December 22, 2019, 01:20:54 PM »
Nova has two non con games left with U Conn and Temple later this year . If they can win those that will be helpful to the cause.

X needs to beat TCU today

All remaining cupcakes games need to be won big

Overall goal is to get as many Big East teams in tournament for money making purposes. The more The Big East wins in the tournament the more money made.

More quality teams in league increases the chances for better seeds .

Visibility of having lots of teams in bracket also helps recruiting etc
What does this even mean?? Big east is quite good and I don't see that changing. Adding Uconn was a near grand slam imo. The conference will be fine. Do we really need to worry about the conference getting teams in so much? what's gonna happen ?

1SE

• All American
« Reply #938 on: December 22, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »
What does this even mean?? Big east is quite good and I don't see that changing. Adding Uconn was a near grand slam imo. The conference will be fine. Do we really need to worry about the conference getting teams in so much? what's gonna happen ?

It's something like 1.7 million for your conference for each game played. So $170,000 to each school. Not program changing but a good bit of coin.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #939 on: December 22, 2019, 01:45:56 PM »
The issue is not is The Big East good enough etc. This is strictly a money issue.

Each team in the conference that makes the NCAA gets a  unit share of the NCAA bonus poo for the next six years. For each game won the team gets another unit  share of the bonus pool. The NCAA  unit shares last year were $280,000.  So for teams last year the total payout was 1.68 million for each game played. 

The units are spread across the teams in the conference, whether they make the tournament or not.

So the monetary is incentive is very high to have as many teams in the tournament and doing well. So by doing well our teams get higher seeding, which hopefully lead to more wins in the early rounds which means more cash in the till.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #940 on: December 22, 2019, 02:17:54 PM »
The issue is not is The Big East good enough etc. This is strictly a money issue.

Each team in the conference that makes the NCAA gets a  unit share of the NCAA bonus poo for the next six years. For each game won the team gets another unit  share of the bonus pool. The NCAA  unit shares last year were $280,000.  So for teams last year the total payout was 1.68 million for each game played. 

The units are spread across the teams in the conference, whether they make the tournament or not.

So the monetary is incentive is very high to have as many teams in the tournament and doing well. So by doing well our teams get higher seeding, which hopefully lead to more wins in the early rounds which means more cash in the till.
Thanks for the info

Sixteen2One

• Walk-On
« Reply #941 on: December 22, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »
Is it crazy to think 9 of 10 BE schools are currently in top 40 best teams???

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #942 on: December 22, 2019, 04:08:41 PM »
Is it crazy to think 9 of 10 BE schools are currently in top 40 best teams???

Haslametrics has 9/10 BEast teams getting a bid with current resumes

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #943 on: December 22, 2019, 04:18:14 PM »
Seton Hall having a Maryland hangover......down 24-19 to good old Prairie View AM with a minute to go in the first half.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #944 on: December 22, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
X up 34 -22  at TCU 4:07 left first

---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #945 on: December 22, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »
Seton Hall comes alive second half and wins by 20

X up 56-39 at TCU 7:44 left second
                       ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #946 on: December 22, 2019, 05:47:05 PM »
Pomeroy puts the last few days into perspective

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1208895373852332034?s=21

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #947 on: December 22, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »
10 way tie with everyone having a 9-9 record.

Do they all make the tourney?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #948 on: December 22, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »
Sad,y there are posters on this board that think this, let alone on other boards which I would expect.

Eh.  No one with any sort of opinion worth paying attention to.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #949 on: December 22, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »
Do they all make the tourney?

Providence would miss out. St John's & Seton Hall would be on the bubble. The rest would be safely in.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.