[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Brendon Bailey article in Church News  (Read 19260 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Brendon Bailey article in Church News
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2020, 05:31:45 PM »
BB will be a MU All-Timer if he stays healthy and plays all four years.  Love this kid.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2020, 05:34:30 PM »
BB will be a MU All-Timer if he stays healthy and plays all four years.  Love this kid.

He's a good role player. I think you might be overstating his value by calling him an all-timer, though. He might break through next year and take on a more prominent role, but I haven't seen enough from him yet to assume that will happen. He's got potential for sure, but he hasn't put it all together consistently enough to be in the conversation you're putting him in.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2020, 05:47:32 PM »
He's a good role player. I think you might be overstating his value by calling him an all-timer, though. He might break through next year and take on a more prominent role, but I haven't seen enough from him yet to assume that will happen. He's got potential for sure, but he hasn't put it all together consistently enough to be in the conversation you're putting him in.

And I saying he will put it together....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2020, 05:48:20 PM »
I hope he really steps up his game and proves you right. We'll need that next year especially.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »
He's going to be elite defensively. If he can keep developing his offensive game on top of the 3 he will be a star.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2020, 05:57:41 PM »
making me forget about doogie II really really fast
don't...don't don't don't don't

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2020, 07:45:24 PM »

Brendan will be 23 next year. Should make some additional strides with his strength and athleticism.

Things will be a little different next year without Markus. BB won’t have nearly the space to work with and will need to be able to do more off the dribble to become an all time great. Think you might want to pump the brakes a bit.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2020, 07:56:08 PM »
Brendan will be 23 next year. Should make some additional strides with his strength and athleticism.

Things will be a little different next year without Markus. BB won’t have nearly the space to work with and will need to be able to do more off the dribble to become an all time great. Think you might want to pump the brakes a bit.

You thought John Dawson was good...right?

Spacing will be different, but adding Garcia also changes spacing for someone like BB. 

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2020, 08:01:09 PM »
It sure looks like it will be a treat having McEwen's solid ball-handling and passing, with Torrence's past-first gameplan.  Bailey should thrive.  When was our last pass-first point guard?  It's been a while, and we're not used to one making others on the floor look better than they are. 

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:04:13 PM by AZMarqfan »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2020, 08:43:58 PM »

Spacing will be different, but adding Garcia also changes spacing for someone like BB.

Yes. I did think John Dawson was good/had potential. (Certainly better than Derrick Wilson.).  Symir’s KenPom comp is John Dawson’s freshman year at MU.

Will be fun to see how the team is structured next year. Have only seen Garcia’s highlight videos - he looks very skilled, and perhaps similar skill set as BB?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2020, 11:14:58 PM »
It sure looks like it will be a treat having McEwen's solid ball-handling and passing, with Torrence's past-first gameplan.  Bailey should thrive.  When was our last pass-first point guard?  It's been a while, and we're not used to one making others on the floor look better than they are.

If 4 of our starters next year are Koby, Symir, Theo, and Brendan, our offense might have some issues. Brendan has upside, but he can't come close to replacing Markus.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »

Seriously, let's not trawl with this bait again.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2020, 09:51:27 AM »
He shouldn't be because he isn't your normal sophomore age wise. He turned 22 last spring.

When I think of MU "all timers" I think D Wade, Butch Lee, Meminger, Luke, GT, Jimmy Chones and Bo. Next tier Markus, Kojis, Tatum, JFB, Jae, T Smith and Travis. 3rd tier Dom, Wesley, Lazar, Whitehead and Jerel.

If BB ends up in tier 3 I'll be very happy - but to me that's not an MU "all timer".

Add Bernard Toone