[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Mini Plans are on Sale  (Read 5598 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Mini Plans are on Sale
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Mini Plans are on Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »
That's a great plan. 2 of the 3 best on paper home games, the best on paper buy game, National Marquette Day, and...well...you can't win them all, right?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 10:39:18 AM »
And even better news: NMD is now on SATURDAY February 9. The fans spoke; MU listened. Sort of.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »
I’m consulting with my group. We generally do about four games in Milwaukee plus the DePaul game in Chicago. So we are trying to decide if it’s more cost-effective to buy the mini-plan plus Senior Day separately and then just not go to the two preseason games, or just get single-games like we did last year.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 12:07:03 PM »
I’m consulting with my group. We generally do about four games in Milwaukee plus the DePaul game in Chicago. So we are trying to decide if it’s more cost-effective to buy the mini-plan plus Senior Day separately and then just not go to the two preseason games, or just get single-games like we did last year.

Pre-season = football.  Non-con = college basketball.  Try dancing if you lose too many 'pre-season' games.   ::)

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »
Fine, I’ll do five Hail Mary’s and three Our Father’s in penance.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »
For those of us that split a package (9 games each), this is really hard to not consider. Much cheaper with all decent opponents.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 06:31:33 PM »
Pre-season = football.  Non-con = college basketball.  Try dancing if you lose too many 'pre-season' games.   ::)

Norbies no matta?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 06:50:44 PM »
For those of us that split a package (9 games each), this is really hard to not consider. Much cheaper with all decent opponents.
That's hard to answer. Most don't split season tickets. Lower cost and better seat options for the season. Last season there was two plans that were both strong.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 08:36:58 PM »
That's hard to answer. Most don't split season tickets. Lower cost and better seat options for the season. Last season there was two plans that were both strong.

Is the mini-plan the same price as five individual tickets?  It seems a little unfair (and counterproductive in the long run) to allow the cherry-picking most of the best games when thousands of other folks buy season tickets to make sure they can get them.  Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:39:07 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »
Is the mini-plan the same price as five individual tickets?  It seems a little unfair (and counterproductive in the long run) to allow the cherry-picking most of the best games when thousands of other folks buy season tickets to make sure they can get them.  Just my two cents.

I can’t disagree with your opinion on this -not sure if it’s fair either. 

And I’m not sure of the logic, but it must work, bc lots of teams do it:  my son participates in a White Sox partial plan (I’ve had the more traditional White Sox partial plan for 20 years-splitting a full season ticket package 6 ways for roughly 13 games-and which I am punting on going forward bc I just can’t use tix to that many games w/o kids in town); I have the Blackhawks 9 game plan (and they have a 21 game plan); and this is my 4th time with one of the MU mini plans.  With MU I think the cost is the same or a little less than for single game.

I know I can’t possibly go to more than 4 to 8 MU games in any given year, so I’m not going to buy season tickets.  If the mini plan went away, or the games were crappy, I would just stubhub a few quality games.

Choice of seats is very limited though.  It was interesting—yesterday, I mistakenly clicked on the season ticket package link when I was poking around getting ready for the mini plan sale, and there were season tickets left - including (only a few) first/second row near half at the free throw line, and another 15-20 scattered between the baselines.  For the mini plan today, there were even fewer (I’d say 4 to 6) seats available on the 100 level between the baselines.  I wonder about the fairness of some high quality season tix being left for folks who have very few or no points.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 09:23:29 PM »
Individual tickets are more in cost than a mini plan.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »
Individual tickets are more in cost than a mini plan.

Wow. Not sure I would agree with that business model.
Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 09:46:08 PM »
Individual $>mini plans $>season tickets

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 06:35:57 AM »
Wow. Not sure I would agree with that business model.
Really? Everyone does that. NBA, AHL, college hoops, MLB, etc. When you buy in bulk the cost is less. A person who buys one game wouldn't get a better deal than someone who commits for the entire or a solid chuck of the season.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:39:56 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 07:52:12 AM »
Really? Everyone does that. NBA, AHL, college hoops, MLB, etc. When you buy in bulk the cost is less. A person who buys one game wouldn't get a better deal than someone who commits for the entire or a solid chuck of the season.
Think you misunderstood what chick was saying.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 08:48:47 AM »
After 19 seasons .. we downgraded to a miniplan.  Gasp.  I know.  Really.  I wonder if I'll need to hand in our Season Ticket Holder of the Game award.  Our mini-plan seats are about 30 feet away from where we sat last year.

Thinking about it .. all the negatives over the past ~7 years took its toll on my passion to witness games.  I went from attending ~21 games per year, down to maybe 5 last year.    This correlates well with my Arby's consumption.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »
After 19 seasons .. we downgraded to a miniplan.  Gasp.  I know.  Really.  I wonder if I'll need to hand in our Season Ticket Holder of the Game award.  Our mini-plan seats are about 30 feet away from where we sat last year.

Thinking about it .. all the negatives over the past ~7 years took its toll on my passion to witness games.  I went from attending ~21 games per year, down to maybe 5 last year.    This correlates well with my Arby's consumption.

Explain your points of angst in detail, Oh Great Arby’s Overload ?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 09:08:34 AM »
You should have gone to 21 games last year and 5 games per year the ~7 years before that.

You didn’t have passion for a top ten team last year?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
You should have gone to 21 games last year and 5 games per year the ~7 years before that.

You didn’t have passion for a top ten team last year?

Yep, market timing is tough.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 08:15:02 PM »
Explain your points of angst in detail, Oh Great Arby’s Overload ?

Oh, the usual.  Never got on the Kiss Cam.  Never caught a t-shirt or parachute.  Never enough pretzels in the Blue & Gold room.    Don't even get me started on the schedule magnet and trading card situation.  >:(

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 09:44:28 PM »
https://gomarquette.com/sports/2018/5/17/tickets-m-baskbl-mini-plans-html.aspx

Purdue
North Dakota State
Villanova
DePaul
Butler (NMD)

Four games on a weekend, perfect for the out of towners who can drive up.  Purdue on a Wednesday is not ideal, but worth the late return home.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

feedback