[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Summer Solstice...KU expects major violations  (Read 18360 times)

manny31

• Starter
Re: Summer Solstice...KU expects major violations
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 11:22:22 AM »
Came here for information!

Instead watched a bunch of 12 year old immature internet tough guys pick on each other. Geesus.

Says you Mr. Poopy Pants😝😝😝

Scoop has become increasingly unbearable. A whole bunch of folks on here need to get some sort of life. You will who you are when you feel the need to respond.
Go Warriors!!!!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
“Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.“

My source is the NCAA’s VP of regulatory affairs. Now your turn. Source for me “insulting West Coast volleyball?” My guess is you’ll continue to ignore this because it only happened in your unhinged brain.

PS If this is you on “limited appearances” like you claimed when you made your (at least) 3rd username here what would “normal” appearances look like? Sheesh.

What you quoted was the author’s words claiming Wilcox said that.  Later in the article the author actually quotes Wilcox for a number of things, but not that claim.  We have to take the word of the journalist that he got it right, he should have quoted Wilcox.

Having said that, several programs were notified by the end of July.  Whether those programs are “high profile” is a subjective term that will be different for everyone.  Are any schools in the Big East not high profile?  Not high profile enough for you or others?  Not going to get into that debate with you.  I’m glad that these schools are receiving notice and it is causing some of you with the typical anti-ncaa bent to eat a little crow.  NCAA has plenty of flaws, but this nonsense that everyone cheats and the equally absurd nonsense the big boys are never punished (instead small college fill in the blank Tarkanian quote) is taking a hit....as it should.

Volleyball....MPSF, Big West and MIVA....you do not recall that convo regarding who was winning the titles, but where most of the great players were from (Calif)?   How “dominant” OSU and Loyola were while ignoring where 80% of the players were coming from.  Uhm ok.  Hell, I remember you at one point arguing Hawaii wasn’t part of west coast vball...uhm, ok.  I am not going to spend time looking it up, but that’s the memory jogger for you.  Peace.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:48 AM »
How is a post like this Ok?

Really, Bryan?

Because its fine to dox people, so screw it.

That's why.

I'll toss out lame insults since people have made it their business to stalk me and try to intimidate me, personally.

Just to keep score:   Childish insults not okay, stalking people on a public message board A-Okay.

Snowflake.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:43:00 AM by Hards_Alumni »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »

What you quoted was the author’s words claiming Wilcox said that.  Later in the article the author actually quotes Wilcox for a number of things, but not that claim.  We have to take the word of the journalist that he got it right, he should have quoted Wilcox.

Having said that, several programs were notified by the end of July.  Whether those programs are “high profile” is a subjective term that will be different for everyone.  Are any schools in the Big East not high profile?  Not high profile enough for you or others?  Not going to get into that debate with you.  I’m glad that these schools are receiving notice and it is causing some of you with the typical anti-ncaa bent to eat a little crow.  NCAA has plenty of flaws, but this nonsense that everyone cheats and the equally absurd nonsense the big boys are never punished (instead small college fill in the blank Tarkanian quote) is taking a hit....as it should.

Volleyball....MPSF, Big West and MIVA....you do not recall that convo regarding who was winning the titles, but where most of the great players were from (Calif)?   How “dominant” OSU and Loyola were while ignoring where 80% of the players were coming from.  Uhm ok.  Hell, I remember you at one point arguing Hawaii wasn’t part of west coast vball...uhm, ok.  I am not going to spend time looking it up, but that’s the memory jogger for you.  Peace.

Lol you are something else. You’re right, NC State and DePaul are major programs. The NCAA nailed this as they always do. Lol.

And stating that the MIVA had won 5 of the past 7 NCAA championships was “insulting West Coast volleyball?” Hahahahahaha! My oh my are we a sensitive snowflake. I don’t care where players came from. So if MU wins an NCAA title with kids from MN and IL the B1G should get credit for a national title because their players came from B1G country?! Hahahahahahahahahaha of all the crazy things you claim (and there are some dandies!) this might be the best.

Half of the starting lineup for the US National team played at Penn State and was from the Northeast. Guess that makes the Northeast the epicenter of men’s volleyball in America. Hahaha.

“The West Coast or Pacific Coast is the coastline along which the continental Western United States meets the North Pacific Ocean. As a region, this term most often refers to the coastal states of California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.” Huh, weird. Looks like Hawaii is 2,000 miles off of the West Coast and is NOT part of the West Coast...

Stating that the MIVA had 5 National Titles in the last 7 years = insulting West Coast volleyball. Got it. What a nut job haha.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:00:57 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2019, 12:06:51 PM »
Because its fine to dox people, so screw it.

That's why.

I'll toss out lame insults since people have made it their business to stalk me and try to intimidate me, personally.

Just to keep score:   Childish insults not okay, stalking people on a public message board A-Okay.

Snowflake.

You are simply a piece of work. You let that get to you?  Apparently.

Doxing?  You must be a legend in your own mind.

Apologies to the rest of scoop for this diversion. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »
God Bless America
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2019, 12:12:00 PM »
ND sucks.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2019, 12:12:20 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
Came here for information!

Instead watched a bunch of 12 year old immature internet tough guys pick on each other. Geesus.

I don't know about the age factor but I agree with your comments.  For me I find the postings mixing their own agendas into their responses.  The Intellectual Honesty gets lost and we end up with many more Mortimer Snerd moments than we should.   
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2019, 12:15:04 PM »
Funny how a word or two is so important.  Here is what a different journalist reported including the actual NCAA quoted response.

June 13th report...”might”...”probably”.  Big difference when just a word or two is omitted.  From ESPN...

"The NCAA continues to investigate potential rules violations stemming from the Southern District of New York allegations and subsequent court proceedings. We are aggressively and thoroughly pursuing information and using all tools available to us through the NCAA infractions process," the NCAA said in a statement. "As a result, we expect that at least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive NCAA notice of allegations within the coming months, and likely additional schools thereafter. Colleges and universities have a responsibility to run their athletics programs within NCAA rules. Our membership expects us to hold accountable those who fail to do so."

The schools that could receive notices of allegations were not identified.

Stan Wilcox, the NCAA's vice president of regulatory affairs, told CBS Sports on Wednesday at an athletic directors conference in Orlando, Florida, that two programs might receive notices of allegations by early July and that four more probably will receive them by the end of the summer.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:16:57 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2019, 12:51:53 PM »

I didn't let it get to me, I'm simply explaining my reasoning for you.

I didn't think I'd have to do that, but here we are.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2019, 01:01:23 PM »
I didn't let it get to me, I'm simply explaining my reasoning for you.

I didn't think I'd have to do that, but here we are.

/facepalm

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2019, 01:05:22 PM »
Lol you are something else. You’re right, NC State and DePaul are major programs. The NCAA nailed this as they always do. Lol.

And stating that the MIVA had won 5 of the past 7 NCAA championships was “insulting West Coast volleyball?” Hahahahahaha! My oh my are we a sensitive snowflake. I don’t care where players came from. So if MU wins an NCAA title with kids from MN and IL the B1G should get credit for a national title because their players came from B1G country?! Hahahahahahahahahaha of all the crazy things you claim (and there are some dandies!) this might be the best.

Half of the starting lineup for the US National team played at Penn State and was from the Northeast. Guess that makes the Northeast the epicenter of men’s volleyball in America. Hahaha.

“The West Coast or Pacific Coast is the coastline along which the continental Western United States meets the North Pacific Ocean. As a region, this term most often refers to the coastal states of California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.” Huh, weird. Looks like Hawaii is 2,000 miles off of the West Coast and is NOT part of the West Coast...

Stating that the MIVA had 5 National Titles in the last 7 years = insulting West Coast volleyball. Got it. What a nut job haha.

Uhm, no....that was the framework of the conversation, but not your specific comments as you articulated.  My recollection and I am not going to look it up, was your comments about MIVAs greatness and shredding west coast vball.  When you were reminded that most of the rosters of excellent players came from the west coast......well you know. 

I cannot wait for you to respond to the other article I posted with several important words added to it....I graciously highlighted, underlined and put them in red for you and others here fixated on what the NCAA said or REALLY said.  LOL

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2019, 01:05:46 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2019, 01:25:55 PM »
This ^^^^

Stupidity travels in packs.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2019, 01:29:06 PM »
Uhm, no....that was the framework of the conversation, but not your specific comments as you articulated.  My recollection and I am not going to look it up, was your comments about MIVAs greatness and shredding west coast vball.  When you were reminded that most of the rosters of excellent players came from the west coast......well you know. 

I cannot wait for you to respond to the other article I posted with several important words added to it....I graciously highlighted, underlined and put them in red for you and others here fixated on what the NCAA said or REALLY said.  LOL

MIVA's greatness?  Shredding West Coast volleyball?  Hahahahaha what kind of dreams are you having?!  You're going to need to find those posts because unless I got hoopalooped those things were definitely never posted on here lol.  You can make up some awesome stories though.

Not to mention your narrative doesn't even fit the reality.  Loyola won back to back NCAA Titles (there I go insulting West Coast volleyball again!) with a starting lineup of a RS from Chicago, setter from Milwaukee, MBs from Chicago and Milwaukee, OHs from Chicago and SoCal (you got one!), and libero from SoCal for one of the years (a second!) and Chicago for the second year.  So if you say there are 14 starting spots (7 each year) SoCal made up 3 of those spots.  WILD!  Then again, Chicago and Milwaukee are closer to the West Coast than Hawaii is and, according to only Cheeks, Hawaii is part of the West Coast so I guess Milwaukee and Chicago are also West Coast.  So you nailed it again!  West Coast kids galore on those MIVA teams that shredded the West Coast baby!

LOL.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
Funny how a word or two is so important.  Here is what a different journalist reported including the actual NCAA quoted response.

So since your preemptive goalpost shifting of "everyone knows summer doesn't end until the Autumn Solstice" is clearly going to fall through, you're moving the goalposts ahead of time again so you don't have to admit the NCAA was full of crap?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2019, 03:34:53 PM »
So since your preemptive goalpost shifting of "everyone knows summer doesn't end until the Autumn Solstice" is clearly going to fall through, you're moving the goalposts ahead of time again so you don't have to admit the NCAA was full of crap?

I moved the goalpost....LOL....or you all got sucked into bad journalism that missed key words....  Classic.

I didn’t move a damn thing, you believed something that wasn’t true and omitted major words in the story..... now that the proper wording has been provided and your meme got destroyed, you and others are defensive.  The NCAA is doing what they said, I’m sorry that makes you feel bad and the desire to lash out because your guys agenda for the 60 days was wrong from the start because of shoddy journalism.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 03:41:12 PM by Cheeks »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2019, 03:42:59 PM »
I moved the goalpost....LOL....or you all got sucked into bad journalism that missed key words....  Classic.

I didn’t move a damn thing, you believed something that wasn’t true and omitted major words in the story..... that the proper wording was included and your meme got destroyed. 

This is the story that brought up the "summer" timeline.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

"Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July." 

Didn't happen

Furthermore, you started this thread crowing about the Summer timeline - and now once the actual calendar was pointed out to you, claimed that you didn't care about the summer thing anyway.  Classic Chicos.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2019, 03:56:51 PM »

i don't think the little victim bhard here knows what doxing is chili.  besides, who cares about some long haired birkenstocker up in LC
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
This is the story that brought up the "summer" timeline.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/at-least-six-college-basketball-programs-will-be-notified-of-major-ncaa-violations-by-this-summer/

"Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July." 

Didn't happen

Furthermore, you started this thread crowing about the Summer timeline - and now once the actual calendar was pointed out to you, claimed that you didn't care about the summer thing anyway.  Classic Chicos.

Because TODAY I find that the story by the journalist was missing major parts to it.  We all just assumed the journalist was right...he wasn’t.  He omitted key words.  Now that those are known, it changes everything.  As I also stated, I don’t care if they beat the supposed deadline, which we now know never existed....as long as they level the charges I am fine with it.

Sorry that we were all duped by another journalist’s shoddy work....shame on me, I should know better.

As someone who values facts, I’m glad I did the detective work to find the accurate story.  It’s a shame we cannot just rely on these guys to,be accurate from the start, it is their job after all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:26:47 PM by Cheeks »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2019, 04:36:13 PM »
Because TODAY I find that the story by the journalist was missing major parts to it.  We all just assumed the journalist was right...he wasn’t.  He omitted key words.  Now that those are known, it changes everything.  As I also stated, I don’t care if they beat the supposed deadline, which we now know never existed....as long as they level the charges I am fine with it.

Sorry that we were all duped by another journalist’s shoddy work....shame on me, I should know better.

As someone who values facts, I’m glad I did the detective work to find the accurate story.  It’s a shame we cannot just rely on these guys to,be accurate from the start, it is their job after all.

Lol

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »
Scoop has become increasingly unbearable.
Scoop's unbearability has an 89% correlation coefficient with Chico's posting rate.  Genus Dickus Miserabalis
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2019, 05:31:20 PM »

You are a f*cking joke
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback