[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette games on TV: Options for Streaming FS WI Games  (Read 7585 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Marquette games on TV: Options for Streaming FS WI Games
« on: September 11, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »
Does anyone know if games on FS Wisconsin are available on Fox Sports GO streaming app if you live outside of Wisconsin?  For those of you without DirecTV that live outside of Wisconsin, are you simply unable to watch games on FS Wisconsin?

Thanks!  Looking into switching TV providers, but need to know if those handful of games each season on FS Wisconsin will be unavailable to me.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:43:25 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Are FS Wisconsin Games available on FSGO outside of WI?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
FS1, FS2, FOX and BTN are no longer available on FOX Sports Go. Just local RSN.

To watch programing on FS1, FS2, FOX or BTN you need the Fox Sports App. Or FOXNOW APP.

To answer the question if the game is on FS Wisconsin, that will at some point be re-brand since the FOX Sports Networks were sold can't be since in the outside markets.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 03:05:25 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »

To watch programing on FS1, FS2, FOX or BTN you need the Fox Sports App. Or FOXNOW APP.

To answer the question if the game is on FS Wisconsin, that will at some point be re-brand since the FOX Sports Networks were sold can't be since in the outside markets.

Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean in the last sentence? 

I have always been able to get FS Wisconsin via DirecTV in Minnesota with their "Sports Pack".  Basically get every single college basketball game televised.  But I am trying to determine if there is another TV provider / service that I would be able to access the games on FS Wisconsin.  A good chunk of games are that channel every year and I am definitely not willing to lose that access. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean in the last sentence? 

I have always been able to get FS Wisconsin via DirecTV in Minnesota with their "Sports Pack".  Basically get every single college basketball game televised.  But I am trying to determine if there is another TV provider / service that I would be able to access the games on FS Wisconsin.  A good chunk of games are that channel every year and I am definitely not willing to lose that access.

So, you paid/have FS Wisconsin in Minnesota. So, you could stream it. That might not be the case if you change to a different paid TV service. I have Spectrum Cable and I can't get if I wanted to FS North for Twins & T-Wolves games. It's not a plan they offer. I believe the Sports Pack on DirecTV for all the local Fox Sports Regional Networks is a DirecTV thing.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
So, you paid/have FS Wisconsin in Minnesota. So, you could stream it. That might not be the case if you change to a different paid TV service. I have Spectrum Cable and I can't get if I wanted to FS North for Twins & T-Wolves games. It's not a plan they offer. I believe the Sports Pack on DirecTV for all the local Fox Sports Regional Networks is a DirecTV thing.

Yes - I currently get FS Wisconsin in MN through DTV.  I am trying to figure out if there is a way to get it without DirecTV.  I believe the answer is no from what I am aware of - but I imagine that many other MU fans who live out of WI that have tried to figure out how to get the MU games on FS Wisconsin. 

And to be clear, I am only referring to MU / CBB games.  Obviously pro sports games are blacked out on those channels - I cannot watch Brewers or Bucks games on FS Wisconsin.  Would need to purchase MLB or NBA package.   

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 04:05:04 PM »

Thanks for the tip.  Got the FS app now!

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »
Yes - I currently get FS Wisconsin in MN through DTV.  I am trying to figure out if there is a way to get it without DirecTV.  I believe the answer is no from what I am aware of - but I imagine that many other MU fans who live out of WI that have tried to figure out how to get the MU games on FS Wisconsin. 

And to be clear, I am only referring to MU / CBB games.  Obviously pro sports games are blacked out on those channels - I cannot watch Brewers or Bucks games on FS Wisconsin.  Would need to purchase MLB or NBA package.

I am not sure how it would work in MN, but Hulu Live has FS-WI at least for WI residents.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:32:38 PM »

I would say if it's not broke, don't fix it
-Bill Walton

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 06:18:59 PM »
I would say if it's not broke, don't fix it

It’s broke cause it costs me over $200 a month for just tv.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
Anyone here use PS VUE? Appears for $54 + $10 sports pack you can access all channels MU plays on, including Fox Sports Wisconsin. Gonna give it a whirl.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 06:47:36 PM »
Anyone here use PS VUE? Appears for $54 + $10 sports pack you can access all channels MU plays on, including Fox Sports Wisconsin. Gonna give it a whirl.

Not sure if you have tried it or not, but YouTube TV has all those channels for $50, no sports pack needed.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 07:33:41 PM »
Yes. That does suck.
-Bill Walton

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 08:05:45 PM »

Wowzer, that's a good chunk of change for just tv!

Report back what you do for those who are considering the same thing.

Also, I've heard if you sign up for a streaming service and use a VPN when you verify your account to show you're in WI (or have someone in WI verify your account) you can get WI channels.   Can't say for sure though, that's only what I heard 3rd party.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 11:27:08 PM »

What on earth are you subscribing to?  The avg Directv customer doesn’t come close to paying that much. Sports Pack is only $13.99....what else do you have?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »

Correct.  I've had it for just over a year now.  The price+selection far outweigh the negative of the slight (30 sec) delay from being "live".

It's the only streaming service that offers every single channel MU could possibly play on (ie. FOX, CBS, all the FS Affiliates, BTN and BTN alts, all the ESPNs, YES, NBC Sports regionals, NESN, CBSSports, TBS, TNT, TruTV).  Plus you'll get replays of games on random FS affiliates in the week following the games.  I tried to tell everyone at the beginning of last season...  ;)

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=57238.msg1067432#msg1067432

I don't live in the Midwest, but I was able to watch every single game last year live from my house or streaming on my phone.  If your main goal is to never miss an MU game, IMO, PSVue is the only way to go.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 11:42:26 AM »
Correct.  I've had it for just over a year now.  The price+selection far outweigh the negative of the slight (30 sec) delay from being "live".

It's the only streaming service that offers every single channel MU could possibly play on (ie. FOX, CBS, all the FS Affiliates, BTN and BTN alts, all the ESPNs, YES, NBC Sports regionals, NESN, CBSSports, TBS, TNT, TruTV).  Plus you'll get replays of games on random FS affiliates in the week following the games.  I tried to tell everyone at the beginning of last season...  ;)

I don't live in the Midwest, but I was able to watch every single game last year live from my house or streaming on my phone.  If your main goal is to never miss an MU game, IMO, PSVue is the only way to go.

I use it living in Milwaukee area, it still has a slightly better channel offering than YouTube TV and can watch every MU game that is on without having to use other apps.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »
What on earth are you subscribing to?  The avg Directv customer doesn’t come close to paying that much. Sports Pack is only $13.99....what else do you have?

Choice + movie channels + sports pack + nfl Sunday ticket. Movie channels and nfl Sunday ticket are obviously what causes the expense. I only have NFL Sunday ticket for the red zone channel, which you can get for much cheaper on other providers. Generally have been able to get DTV to give it to me for free or greatly reduced in years past. No luck this year, which is why I’m switching.

Started a 5 day trial of PS VUE yesterday. Pretty much sold on it. Does appear to get on Fox regional sports networks, so should be able to get games on FS Wisconsin.

$54 + $10 sports pack. No contract. Canellable monthly. Seems like a no brainer.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 02:47:01 PM »
Choice + movie channels + sports pack + nfl Sunday ticket. Movie channels and nfl Sunday ticket are obviously what causes the expense. I only have NFL Sunday ticket for the red zone channel, which you can get for much cheaper on other providers. Generally have been able to get DTV to give it to me for free or greatly reduced in years past. No luck this year, which is why I’m switching.

Started a 5 day trial of PS VUE yesterday. Pretty much sold on it. Does appear to get on Fox regional sports networks, so should be able to get games on FS Wisconsin.

$54 + $10 sports pack. No contract. Canellable monthly. Seems like a no brainer.

You have mail
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 03:42:46 PM »

Was always a big DTV guy, so never even thought to switch.  But getting too expensive. 

So you have zero blackout issues with Vue on MU games? 

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 08:57:13 AM »
Was always a big DTV guy, so never even thought to switch.  But getting too expensive. 

So you have zero blackout issues with Vue on MU games?

No issues last year. The only blackout issues I’ve ever had were MLB games.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 09:54:20 AM »
Also, I've heard if you sign up for a streaming service and use a VPN when you verify your account to show you're in WI (or have someone in WI verify your account) you can get WI channels.   Can't say for sure though, that's only what I heard 3rd party.

I can confirm that this generally works. You can also use browser-based geolocation apps/"hacks" to manually spoof your geolocation. This is usually the better strategy anyway, and it's free, but I think people tend to buy into the concept of VPNs without really understanding what they intend to do.

Some streaming services will throttle or make unavailable when it detects your traffic through a VPN.

SERocks

• Team Captain
Re: Marquette games on TV: Options for Streaming FS WI Games
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 10:02:21 AM »
We switched to YouTube TV and are very happy with it.  I think I got all games last year, although in the back of my mind I think I missed one...not sure if that was before we switched over though.

Anyway, YTTV and high speed internet connection with Showtime and HBO for less than $110 per month.  If we dropped HBO/SHO we would be mid $90s.  This is tolerable.....

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »

Are you using a VPN or something to modify your location or did you signup with an address in Wisconsin?  I use view but only get the local regional Fox Sports.

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
Are you using a VPN or something to modify your location or did you signup with an address in Wisconsin?  I use view but only get the local regional Fox Sports.

Neither.  Do you have the sports pack?  That is what allows you to get the out of region Fox Sports channels.

kryza

• Team Captain
Re: Marquette games on TV: Options for Streaming FS WI Games
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 12:58:53 AM »
People can watch the FSW games on WCIU 2 in Chicago which is free with an TV antenna. It's on YouTube TV as well, so I get all games on there.