[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: California to pass bill called "fair pay to play act"...to compensate players  (Read 68583 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
Re: California to pass bill called "fair pay to play act"...to compensate players
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
.....my point is that you literally RUSH to believe the survivor in the MU case and literally RUSH to defend every other accused rapist. I just find the dichotomy interesting.

Some folks believe that if it takes years for a report to be made, it's probably not because the vicitm was traumatized, or afraid of a powerful person who took advantage, or suffering from a form of PTSD. It is more likely that the accuser is lying - especially if those defending the alleged offender "like" that person or have some other agenda.

Ipso fatso, none of us should have believed the thousands of victims of abuse by priests. Nor the victims of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Michael Jackson and Roger Ailes. Nor the many, many other instances that most of us never hear about because they don't involve major institutions like the Catholic Church or famous people like Peyton Manning.

I mean, how can anybody believe all those lying little boys claiming they were groped by Father Touchadicky? It took them 25 years to say something, so they probably were lying.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: California to pass bill called "fair pay to play act"...to compensate players
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »
Some folks believe that if it takes years for a report to be made, it's probably not because the vicitm was traumatized, or afraid of a powerful person who took advantage, or suffering from a form of PTSD. It is more likely that the accuser is lying - especially if those defending the alleged offender "like" that person or have some other agenda.

Ipso fatso, none of us should have believed the thousands of victims of abuse by priests. Nor the victims of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Michael Jackson and Roger Ailes. Nor the many, many other instances that most of us never hear about because they don't involve major institutions like the Catholic Church or famous people like Peyton Manning.

I mean, how can anybody believe all those lying little boys claiming they were groped by Father Touchadicky? It took them 25 years to say something, so they probably were lying.

RIP Michael Fife.....wrongfully accused of sexual assault (video proved his innocence) but he was beaten to death by her family before the video evidence could exonerate him. 

Van Perry and Greg Counts, falsely accused and served 26 years in prison until 2018.

Etc etc. 

#himtoo

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »
.....my point is that you literally RUSH to believe the survivor in the MU case and literally RUSH to defend every other accused rapist. I just find the dichotomy interesting.

1. Hates Buzz Williams. Embraces (and often makes up) things to discredit him.

2. Loves Peyton Manning.

The dichotomy is anything but interesting. It's obvious.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2019, 06:56:46 PM »

RIP Michael Fife.....wrongfully accused of sexual assault (video proved his innocence) but he was beaten to death by her family before the video evidence could exonerate him. 

Van Perry and Greg Counts, falsely accused and served 26 years in prison until 2018.

Etc etc. 

#himtoo

The Central Park 5 ... whom your hero wanted put to death.

We can play this game all day about people who were wrongly charged and imprisoned ... and I'm guessing that the aggrieved white male won't "win."

No system of justice is perfect.

Thank goodness, somebody finally started listening to all of those victims of priest rape.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »
Time to lock this thread.  Getting weird.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »
Time to lock this thread.  Getting weird.

You mean you don't see the obvious connection between compensation for college athletes, wrongful convictions and pedophile priests?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #582 on: September 22, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »
The Central Park 5 ... whom your hero wanted put to death.

We can play this game all day about people who were wrongly charged and imprisoned ... and I'm guessing that the aggrieved white male won't "win."

No system of justice is perfect.

Thank goodness, somebody finally started listening to all of those victims of priest rape.

Who is my hero?  Politics again.  Moderators, how is this not political by MU82.....again?  For the umpteenth time by him?  Good Lord.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #583 on: September 22, 2019, 09:22:12 PM »
More than 50 posts in one day.  It's like he is, I dunno, mentally unbalanced.

Can you imagine how much more "revenue" his "Dept" would produce if he didn't spend half his life posting and reviewing posts on MU Scoop? He is koo koo for Cocoa Puffs.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:23:52 PM by Mutaman »

feedback