collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CBD oil anyone  (Read 7673 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
CBD oil anyone
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:44:23 AM »
       i was having the beginning of some arthritic-like pain in the middle knuckle only of both hands.  not debilitating, but annoying.  sometimes worse, sometimes unnoticeable.  my doc told me to increase my glucosamine/chondroitin.  it actually started to get worse.

now i'm not one to tout or sensationalize anything except maybe a king cobra driver or something, but i had been hearing about this CBD stuff.  so i talked to a dude in this health store who knew his chit.  he did not sensationalize his product either, but rather pointed to some of the mechanisms by with it may work for some people.  my conclusions are that for reasons still unknown, it potentiates our body's own mechanisms, enzyme interactions, neurotransmitter release and or synapse efficiency, etc etc

so i tried this stuff and within one day, my arthritic discomfort was decreased from about a 6/7 on a 10 scale down to approximately a 1 or 2.  as for all that extra stuff-sleep, stress, constipation, virulity, SAT/ACT scores, golf scores, and all the other stuff i can't really say one way or the other.  but, ONE DAY was what caught my attention

one other observation, get it from a reputable source-yo go online for some more inexpensive, CBD-looking stuff, you could be getting gopher p!ss for all ya know.  it's not cheap which is another aspect i was surprised by.  it must be a market thing as i can't believe there is a shortage of "hemp" anywhere

don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: CBD oil anyone
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 07:23:57 AM »
Some people swear by the stuff rocket.  Glad it works for you.  Driving around this weekend, I lost track of all the CBD oil billboards around.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:47:12 AM »
Topical or ingested?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 08:16:29 AM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 09:24:10 AM »
one other observation, get it from a reputable source-yo go online for some more inexpensive, CBD-looking stuff, you could be getting gopher p!ss for all ya know.  it's not cheap which is another aspect i was surprised by.  it must be a market thing as i can't believe there is a shortage of "hemp" anywhere

One other thought on this:  if you get it from a non-reputable source, you could get oil with a higher THC than advertised.  Hemp derived CBD oil with a 0.3% THC content is almost certainly not going to cause a failed drug test.  But if someone doesn't know for sure what he/she's getting, he/she might get a higher concentration of THC that could cause problems with an employer's drug testing program.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
There’s also a reasonable chance, due to the unregulated market, that you’ll get a product with 0 CBD in it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »
There’s also a reasonable chance, due to the unregulated market, that you’ll get a product with 0 CBD in it.

Absolutely.  I thought that was what rocket was alluding to when he said you might get gopher piss.  I was simply pointing out that the other end of the spectrum is also a possibility and that could create problems for you.

I think it's generally pretty solid advice when buying things of this nature (i.e., supplements) to buy from a reputable source.  I honestly have never used supplements (beyond a simple multivitamin) so I don't have any experience on which sources are reputable.  However, because of my job I have had occasion to delve a bit into the medical marijuana/CBD issue over the last several months.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
Absolutely.  I thought that was what rocket was alluding to when he said you might get gopher piss.  I was simply pointing out that the other end of the spectrum is also a possibility and that could create problems for you.

I think it's generally pretty solid advice when buying things of this nature (i.e., supplements) to buy from a reputable source.  I honestly have never used supplements (beyond a simple multivitamin) so I don't have any experience on which sources are reputable.  However, because of my job I have had occasion to delve a bit into the medical marijuana/CBD issue over the last several months.

Not that I am interested in buying it at this point, but how would one know what a "reputable source" is?  Even Walgreens and CVS sell a lot of supplements that are a little questionable.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 09:40:49 AM »
Not that I am interested in buying it at this point, but how would one know what a "reputable source" is?  Even Walgreens and CVS sell a lot of supplements that are a little questionable.

As I mentioned, I'm probably not the best person to ask.  However, your post makes me realize I may have chosen my words poorly.  I wasn't so much talking about the "source" where you buy the product (i.e., the retailer) as the source of the product itself (i.e., the manufacturer).  And I don't have a lot of advice on that point either aside from trying to do some research on the various manufacturers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
       i was having the beginning of some arthritic-like pain in the middle knuckle only of both hands.  not debilitating, but annoying.  sometimes worse, sometimes unnoticeable.  my doc told me to increase my glucosamine/chondroitin.  it actually started to get worse.

now i'm not one to tout or sensationalize anything except maybe a king cobra driver or something, but i had been hearing about this CBD stuff.  so i talked to a dude in this health store who knew his chit.  he did not sensationalize his product either, but rather pointed to some of the mechanisms by with it may work for some people.  my conclusions are that for reasons still unknown, it potentiates our body's own mechanisms, enzyme interactions, neurotransmitter release and or synapse efficiency, etc etc

so i tried this stuff and within one day, my arthritic discomfort was decreased from about a 6/7 on a 10 scale down to approximately a 1 or 2.  as for all that extra stuff-sleep, stress, constipation, virulity, SAT/ACT scores, golf scores, and all the other stuff i can't really say one way or the other.  but, ONE DAY was what caught my attention

Loosen da grip on yo putter, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »

CBD lotion and balm have been a godsend for me. I gave some to a coworker with similar back pain and within a half hour he was back in my office asking for more.  My acupuncturist said to make sure what I get also has THC in it. More effective. I realize many may not live in states with legal marijuana but if you do buy the stuff from a dispensary, you’ll know it’s legit, THC or not.

And CBD/THC gummies are an excellent sleep aid.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 01:27:19 PM »
Topical or ingested?

30mg per dropper oil under the tongue once/day   called pure 1500 hemp oil from a reputable health store.  surprising, GNC doesn't carry it.  the guy said they had it, but pulled it because of the labeling or something, but will be getting it back in near future
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:46:58 PM by rocket surgeon »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »

Loosen da grip on yo putter, hey?

wrong oil doc, but they say not to hold to tight, good tempo and move the hips toward the target and release.  too tight ya tend to snap hook and too loose ya tend to fade

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 01:37:59 PM »
No drug tests for dentists or NCAA administrators?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »
No drug tests for dentists or NCAA administrators?

only if you're in the monitoring program...i.e. history of substance abuse

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 02:43:04 PM »

A reputable source will provide on their website and other sources the raw analytical chemistry tests for every single batch of their products. The results (usually liquid chromatograph) should include a full analysis of the total cannabinoid content, and the overall breakdown on the different types of cannabinoids. There are a lot more cannabinoids than THC and CBD, and you want to know the full spectrum of compounds present.

If a company doesn't provide their analytical testing results, and have readily available each and every batches test results, do not buy from them.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 04:50:03 PM »
A reputable source will provide on their website and other sources the raw analytical chemistry tests for every single batch of their products. The results (usually liquid chromatograph) should include a full analysis of the total cannabinoid content, and the overall breakdown on the different types of cannabinoids. There are a lot more cannabinoids than THC and CBD, and you want to know the full spectrum of compounds present.

If a company doesn't provide their analytical testing results, and have readily available each and every batches test results, do not buy from them.

thanks for the in depth answer forget.  for the more simple minded and this is not a dig, but i got to know the owner of the place.  we talked about the different products he had and some of the physiological and pharmaceutical interactions of the CBD products.  no one knows for sure how this works,  and if they say they do, they would be lying, imho. 

my belief is that it potentiates many of our different enzyme functions.  the anti-inflammatory response for example-everyone's is different to varying degrees; some compromised for whatever reason.  many people confuse inflammation with swelling.  they are not necessarily mutually inclusive but can be mimic each other but for different reasons.  saying that they are both part of the healing process would be more of a direct response however. 

how it affects sleep?  that's outta my wheelhouse

back to the reputable part though- meeting the owner of the health hut, for me, he did not come off as overly zealous.  he did not "over-hype" the product.  he gave me many options, including the fact that it may not work or different oils may produce different results.  we started out with a real general, basic product.  there are so many different oils, capsules, caplets, oil filled caps etc that after forgets response, it makes more sense to me.  in other words, the guy was more informative than he was salesman(woman), but happened to be a guy in this instance. 

my mother has used it with improved results, but a friend of hers did have some adverse reactions.  she did have an underlying heart issue that may have played a role. 

it's not necessarily for everyone.  that's why i'm not going to stand on a soapbox and tout it's magic

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »
I tried gummies a few months ago, wasn’t impressed. Was from whatever company Bubba Watson is selling. Been debating about trying an oil.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »
I tried gummies a few months ago, wasn’t impressed. Was from whatever company Bubba Watson is selling. Been debating about trying an oil.

I forgot if it was ESPN or SI, but the article from earlier this year on the amount of guys on the senior tour using CBD was interesting to read. I usually suffer from seasonal disorder, and was thinking of trying something this fall/winter.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 08:42:50 PM »
I forgot if it was ESPN or SI, but the article from earlier this year on the amount of guys on the senior tour using CBD was interesting to read. I usually suffer from seasonal disorder, and was thinking of trying something this fall/winter.

Phil was definitely pumping CBD at the Masters.

Is it worth even getting involved in with cannabis edibles right around the corner for Illinois?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »

Is it worth even getting involved in with cannabis edibles right around the corner for Illinois?

I travel enough to places where it’s legal where it’s not an issue. Plus Illinois will no way be ready soon. Just like gambling isn’t ready yet for football.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 11:59:29 PM »

Far too many promises are being made about CBD.  It’s real benefits are as a non-narcotic pain reliever and muscle relaxant. It can also work as a sleep aid as well and stress reducer. But, you need to make sure you’re getting the proper dosage. And, mixed with THC will make it most effective.  I like 2/1 CBD/THC, though my wife likes 1/1. I took a few of those 1/1 90 minutes before a red eye and I was flying before the plane took off.  ;D

With all of the questions about vaping and lung health I’ve shifted to only edibles (gummies, mints, or spray, or balms for muscle pain).  I wouldn’t buy straight CBD from regular commercial outlets. It’s an unregulated industry and you don’t actually know how much CBD is in a pill. A licensed weed shop, however, is regulated so what the label says is what you’re getting.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 10:02:14 AM »
Far too many promises are being made about CBD.  It’s real benefits are as a non-narcotic pain reliever and muscle relaxant. It can also work as a sleep aid as well and stress reducer. But, you need to make sure you’re getting the proper dosage. And, mixed with THC will make it most effective.  I like 2/1 CBD/THC, though my wife likes 1/1. I took a few of those 1/1 90 minutes before a red eye and I was flying before the plane took off.  ;D

With all of the questions about vaping and lung health I’ve shifted to only edibles (gummies, mints, or spray, or balms for muscle pain).  I wouldn’t buy straight CBD from regular commercial outlets. It’s an unregulated industry and you don’t actually know how much CBD is in a pill. A licensed weed shop, however, is regulated so what the label says is what you’re getting.

Couple squirts from the eye dropper, order a large special from Zeek's, start spinnin' Dark Side of the Moon on the B&O, slip on the Bose, and grab a bag of Oreos and you got the makings of a great evening, hey?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »
I travel enough to places where it’s legal where it’s not an issue. Plus Illinois will no way be ready soon. Just like gambling isn’t ready yet for football.

Illinois Dept. of Health assigned a deputy general counsel whose role was basically devoted to contemplating marijuana legalization about a decade ago, i.e. long before medical or recreational legislation started making its way through Springfield.   

I'm not saying that Illinois is going to become Colorado the morning of Jan 1, but Illinois is probably much further ahead on this than we all think.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »
Couple squirts from the eye dropper, order a large special from Zeek's, start spinnin' Dark Side of the Moon on the B&O, slip on the Bose, and grab a bag of Oreos and you got the makings of a great evening, hey?

Nah. I only use any CBD/THC for therapeutic purposes - pain management, sleep assistance, maybe stress management. Nothing "recreational." In fact, I really dislike the idea of inhaling any substance into my lungs having outgrown asthma.

feedback