[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 01:53:15 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129122 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #750 on: December 28, 2019, 11:01:13 PM »
Clemson overhyped. O$U best team in the country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #751 on: December 28, 2019, 11:04:12 PM »
Clemson overhyped. O$U best team in the country.

OSU definitely beat themselves all game, but great game by Clemson for sticking it out.  By the way, nice lying again...you are on a roll.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #752 on: December 28, 2019, 11:05:24 PM »
Is this another one of these things that goes from, “I read what they said,” to, “I talk to agents every day who have told me this news. Talk to college coaches about it someday?”

Are you going to bet or not....$500 for charity....I’m the only one in the world was your statement....man up or go to your room.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #753 on: December 28, 2019, 11:09:16 PM »
Are you going to bet or not....$500 for charity....I’m the only one in the world was your statement....man up or go to your room.

Lying.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #754 on: December 28, 2019, 11:13:46 PM »
Lying.

Easy way for you to make $500 for your charity of choice....the only one in the world to think Alabama should be in the CFP....YOUR WORDS....last chance to win for your charity...cheep cheep cheep ..is that a noise a bird makes?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #755 on: December 28, 2019, 11:14:14 PM »
Easy way for you to make $500 for your charity of choice....the only one in the world to think Alabama should be in the CFP....YOUR WORDS....last chance to win for your charity...cheep cheep cheep ..is that a noise a bird makes?

Not my words. Quit lying.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #756 on: December 28, 2019, 11:21:26 PM »
Not my words. Quit lying.

As I figured, your lies couldn’t be cashed in because it was absurd claim by you.  Shame, good charity of mine would have benefited.

Cheep cheep cheep

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #757 on: December 28, 2019, 11:36:46 PM »
Must say that is also the first time I have seen a player catch a ball and take 3 steps and have the catch overturned by replay....since Dez Bryant. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #758 on: December 28, 2019, 11:45:21 PM »
As I figured, your lies couldn’t be cashed in because it was absurd claim by you.  Shame, good charity of mine would have benefited.

Cheep cheep cheep

So you’re finally admitting to being Hoopaloop? Everyone has known for years. Glad you’ve finally admitted it.

I should’ve had WarriorsDad in there too. I’m certain he, too, thinks the team ranked 13th, without their star QB and finishing second in their division, with 0 wins over top 25 opponents all season, should’ve made the CFP over the B12 champion.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #759 on: December 28, 2019, 11:57:13 PM »
Joe Burrow was responsible for as many TDs at Mercede's Benz Stadium today as Matt Ryan was this entire season.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #761 on: December 29, 2019, 01:05:37 AM »
“To suggest Alabama should’ve been in this year’s CFP is hysterical. Cheeks is the only person in the world that thinks that.”

Coward...know a great charity that would have taken your money and even given you a 2019 tax write off just in time....what a shame.  Cheep cheep cheep <sic>

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #763 on: December 29, 2019, 07:31:25 AM »
“To suggest Alabama should’ve been in this year’s CFP is hysterical. Cheeks is the only person in the world that thinks that.”

Coward...know a great charity that would have taken your money and even given you a 2019 tax write off just in time....what a shame.  Cheep cheep cheep <sic>

Wonder why you didn’t just quote the post. Keep going with the quote. Liar.

Unless you’re admitting to being Hoopaloop. Long overdue. It’d be good for you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:33:31 AM by wadesworld »

wadesworld

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2019, 08:09:20 AM »
I don't feel even one iota bad for Ohio State regarding the controversial calls.

The targeting call ... it was pretty easy. When one looks at replay, it's obvious he led with the crown of his helmet and hit the QB high.

The catch/no-catch/fumble/no-fumble ... that's much closer. To me, full-speed replay makes it look like no catch but slo-mo makes it look like a catch. Was there indisputable evidence to overturn the call? I'd say probably not, but I am not a paid college football official, and neither are any other Scoopers.

Having said all that, even if those were the two worst calls in football history (which they weren't) ...

It wasn't the refs who idiotically roughed the punter. It wasn't the refs who let Clemson go 70 yards in two plays for the go-ahead TD right after the OSU idiot roughed the punter. It wasn't the refs who let Clemson go 94 yards in 78 seconds to take the lead for good. It wasn't the refs who forced Ohio State to settle for chip-shot FGs on 3 early trips into the red zone, when OSU could have broken open the game. It wasn't the refs who gained minus-2 yards on the possession after Clemson's first TD. It wasn't the refs who threw an INT to end OSU's last drive.

I get that OSU fans are mad. They are fans and by definition aren't objective or rational. Hopefully, as things sink in, the coach and OSU players will take responsibility for the real reasons they lost the game.

Looking forward to the national title game. Hard to imagine anybody beating LSU, but Clemson just knows how to win these games. Should be fun!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2019, 08:36:26 AM »
I don't feel even one iota bad for Ohio State regarding the controversial calls.

The targeting call ... it was pretty easy. When one looks at replay, it's obvious he led with the crown of his helmet and hit the QB high.

The catch/no-catch/fumble/no-fumble ... that's much closer. To me, full-speed replay makes it look like no catch but slo-mo makes it look like a catch. Was there indisputable evidence to overturn the call? I'd say probably not, but I am not a paid college football official, and neither are any other Scoopers.

Having said all that, even if those were the two worst calls in football history (which they weren't) ...

It wasn't the refs who idiotically roughed the punter. It wasn't the refs who let Clemson go 70 yards in two plays for the go-ahead TD right after the OSU idiot roughed the punter. It wasn't the refs who let Clemson go 94 yards in 78 seconds to take the lead for good. It wasn't the refs who forced Ohio State to settle for chip-shot FGs on 3 early trips into the red zone, when OSU could have broken open the game. It wasn't the refs who gained minus-2 yards on the possession after Clemson's first TD. It wasn't the refs who threw an INT to end OSU's last drive.

I get that OSU fans are mad. They are fans and by definition aren't objective or rational. Hopefully, as things sink in, the coach and OSU players will take responsibility for the real reasons they lost the game.

Looking forward to the national title game. Hard to imagine anybody beating LSU, but Clemson just knows how to win these games. Should be fun!

I feel terrible for Ohio State fans, said no one ever
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2019, 09:21:18 AM »
If that Clemson catch/no catch happens in the end zone, is it ruled a touchdown?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2019, 09:56:26 AM »
Crapshoot, hey?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2019, 11:37:10 AM »
If that Clemson catch/no catch happens in the end zone, is it ruled a touchdown?

That's the thing. If it happened in the end zone, it would have absolutely been ruled a touchdown.

Still haven't seen a replay that even suggests it wasn't a catch.

But MU82 is right, if they hadn't inexplicably made stupid play after play, it wouldn't have mattered.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2019, 11:53:52 AM »
Cheeks has yet to figure out NFL and college football have different rules.

P has yet to figure out that Terry McAulay has been a college football coordinator of officials in the former Big East and now for the AAC for over a decade, in addition to his NFL officiating bonafides.  In fact a number of NFL officials are involved in college football in some capacity....and they are able to process the different rules just fine.

Squiggy, of the complaints aren’t coming from folks associated with the NFL...have you seen all the pushback by coaches today on the Targeting call?  Once again, intent matters and why coaches have been up in arms today.  No launch, QB ducks down...that is not targeting.  Penalty...yes.  Targeting penalty...no.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:03:07 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2019, 11:57:04 AM »
Wonder why you didn’t just quote the post. Keep going with the quote. Liar.

Unless you’re admitting to being Hoopaloop. Long overdue. It’d be good for you.

Only person in the world....you squatted on your Johnson and got called out...I guess $500 loss for you to benefit kids is too much.  I get it...smart play to explain to the Mrs that you lost money for saying something so stupid and so incredibly wrong. 

You uhm May want to do a little search on this thing called Google regarding how many others think Alabama more deserving of the final spot then Oklahoma...that was before yesterday...of course a few more today....but I am the only person in the world.  LOL.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2019, 11:58:54 AM »
P has yet to figure out that Terry McAulay has been a college football coordinator of officials in the former Bog East and now AAC for over a decade, in addition to his NFL officiating bonafides.  In fact a number of NFL officials are involved in college football in some capacity....and they are able to process the different rules just fine.

Squiggy, of the complaints aren’t coming from folks associated with the NFL...have you seen all the pushback by coaches today on the Targeting call?  Once again, intent matters and why coaches have been up in arms today.  No launch, QB ducks down...that is not targeting.  Penalty...yes.  Targeting penalty...no.

Did you just figure out my name is Pat? You seem to be very proud of your ability to figure something out that I literally posted on here years ago lol. So congrats on that. Maybe that’d when you were on one of your first 3 permabans so I guess you might’ve missed it.

Glad the NFL ref thought the college call was wrong. Both the college ref on the broadcast and the college refs doing the game had no hesitation in overturning the call. Both calls reviewed.

Maybe the NCAA just wants the best team in college football out of it’s CFP. I’m guessing overhyped Clemson had a bigger following than O$U, the best team in college football. Lol.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2019, 11:59:37 AM »

There is a difference between leading with the helmet and targeting...so no, it isn’t that easy. 

Sure OSU fans are mad, what strikes me is so many non OSU fans that are mad and wow...never thought I would see the media come to their side so much yesterday on social media.  Watching Charles Pierce attack Dabo for his post game religious comments was always fun and predictable as hell.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2019, 12:01:57 PM »
Only person in the world....you squatted on your Johnson and got called out...I guess $500 loss for you to benefit kids is too much.  I get it...smart play to explain to the Mrs that you lost money for saying something so stupid and so incredibly wrong. 

You uhm May want to do a little search on this thing called Google regarding how many others think Alabama more deserving of the final spot then Oklahoma...that was before yesterday...of course a few more today....but I am the only person in the world.  LOL.

Keep lying. Unless you’re finally, years later, admitting to being hoopaloop. How’s he doing? Hasn’t been around in awhile. It’s weird. He seems to only show up when you’re on one of your many permabans. You two have a falling out? He doesn’t want to post here if you are?

Bama over OU? LOL! Please provide a link. Or is this another thing where it started as “I read it” and when you can’t provide a link when asked for it it turns into “I spoke with agents. You should try talking to college coaches like I do!”

feedback