collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 130043 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »
Lol. So when UW Madison keeps winning its “against nobody of note.” But with a worse schedule PSU just “keeps winning.”

You’re the best Cheeks/chicos/hoopaloop/warriordad

Not warriordad, but ok.

We all have our opinions.  Looking forward to Ohio State vs Wisconsin.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2019, 09:37:38 PM »
Dick Butkus was the best college football player my dad ever saw play in person.  Butkus’ telling about his college grandson playing volleyball instead of football because of concussions, but suffering a concussion in volleyball was classic Butkus storytelling. 

Wisconsin, best team of theirs since 2010.  That team played against TCU in a top 5 matchup.  Fantastic bowl game. 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »
Thanks Bucky for ruining the major showdown on FOX next Saturday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2019, 02:24:01 PM »
That's gonna leave a mark.   :o

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »
That's a real bummer.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2019, 02:27:24 PM »
Bucky uckfayed demselvs, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2019, 02:37:02 PM »
LOL
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2019, 02:43:10 PM »
*Seinfeld "that's a shame" gif*

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
Thanks Bucky for ruining the major showdown on FOX next Saturday.

Becky shat the bed, that was funny.  Reminded me of a few ncaa tournament games...but Illinois fans will take it.  Every year they fall when the CFP nonsense is brought up with them, but at Illinois...bwa  hah bwa hah. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2019, 03:36:52 PM »
Didn't see the game because I just got home from umpiring, but I laughed my arse off when I saw the F%cky score. Just get ND to lose one more time this season, and it's a success!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2019, 04:20:00 PM »
30.5 point favorites, second biggest Big 14 upset ever. Epic.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »

Potrykus might walk in front of a bus, the poor guy
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2019, 04:34:48 PM »

A money maker for me. I thought UW would win by10-14 points. To get 30+ points was nuts.

Brutal coaching job, though.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2019, 05:38:49 PM »
UW stepped on their collective Johnsons, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2019, 05:50:02 PM »
Wisconsin can only play one sort of way. They are very good at it, but still, much like the basketball team, given that deliberate, non-fluid style, they are beatable if you can get a crack in the armor.

Illinois did the same thing to OSU about 10 years ago, but that Illinois team was actually pretty good and made the Rose Bowl (before getting walloped, but still).

Wisconsin went from supposedly eyeing a playoff bid to now probably having to win at Minnesota to save their West title. I can’t see them winning at OSU. I wouldn’t have even if they beat Illinois by 40 today though either

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

MU82

• All American
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2019, 12:09:04 PM »
A money maker for me. I thought UW would win by10-14 points. To get 30+ points was nuts.

Brutal coaching job, though.

brand, curious if you also bet that Ohio State wouldn't cover at Northwestern. I think they were 27-point favorites.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »
A little quieter here this weekend.  Still cannot believe the Illini won that game.  They fooled me, Wisconsin had a chance to go to the playoffs based on my viewing this year. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2019, 09:37:03 PM »
A little quieter here this weekend.  Still cannot believe the Illini won that game.  They fooled me, Wisconsin had a chance to go to the playoffs based on my viewing this year.

Yes, a couple of chortlers seem to have ignored this thread since yesterday after lecturing a number of us for weeks how great Uw-madison extension was this season.  LOL.

They are good, but how good was going to be told this week.  Sadly for them, it came a week early.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »
Nothing better than Cheeks personalities having discussions with themselves.

And cheeks claiming other people are lecturing others.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2019, 12:36:34 AM »
Nothing better than Cheeks personalities having discussions with themselves.

And cheeks claiming other people are lecturing others.

Continue to be wrong if you wish.  How was Bucky yesterday?  LOL

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

jesmu84

• All American

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #298 on: October 25, 2019, 08:56:43 AM »
Wonder if Santa Lovie got a one-week extension down in Champaign after upsetting the Rodent.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2019, 09:20:02 AM »
Why is this relevant to college football in 2019-20?

I don’t know...ESPN posted it yesterday, they think it is relevant...I’m guessing because of the matchup this week.